Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > attracting older women vs younger women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 2
view profile
History
attracting older women vs younger womenPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
ok kev...1st off, when a woman checks out your profile it can be because they're interested to see the man behind the words posted. we also don't know how old you are until we visit your profile. 1976 behind your name can be the year of your car as far as we all know.

now, would you plz take your hands out of your pockets???....you're starting to excite some of us old ladies that are 40 and up and you wouldn't want to do that now.
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 4
attracting older women vs younger women
Posted: 6/8/2008 4:26:24 PM
just because a gal views your profile, it doesn't always mean she wants you or shes interested in you.
 Wildman46
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/8/2008 5:59:05 PM
I had no idea that just looking at someones profile makes you interesting in dating them. Especially if it's someone that's involved in the forums..... Hell i looked at the Ops profile before...... does that make me attracted to him?. Damn everyday i learn something new in these forums.
 ~1happywoman~
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/8/2008 6:10:39 PM
Uh-oh. I'm a dreaded older woman and I looked at the OP's profile. But remember, OP, you MADE me do it! However, I forgive you if you happen to look at my profile. Especially if you actually read it, LOL!
 Guy4theForums
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/8/2008 11:16:13 PM
I looked at his profile too. I hope he doesn't think I'm interested too, just because I viewed. Sometimes in the small picture on the screen some people can look scary and then when you click to view profile they look great once the picture is enlarged. Then others look great in the small picture then you click the profile and the picture enlarges and
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/9/2008 3:27:04 AM
Well, I'm 100 years old and I looked at your profile - you're a cutie pie...maybe the older ladies just want to pinch your cheeks. LOL
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2008 12:33:41 PM
The first thing women see is that tiny little thumbnail pic before they click on your profile. You do look quite a bit older when the pic is so tiny. I end up clicking on a ton of profiles because the thumbnails are so distorted...
 sbnt
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/9/2008 2:26:32 PM
Hmm, I've also been getting lots of views by the 40-45 crowd (give or take a few years)... although I've viewed most of those profiles in that age category as well.

Maybe I should look to see what you're doing to get more messages from that age category... well, more messages in general anyway...

So, if you want to get views and more messages from women in your preferred age range, adjust your search settings (there's several of them), and see what comes up.
 toomuch13
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/9/2008 2:45:34 PM
I visit peoples' profiles, but don't worry I did not visit yours and you are safe
 noragdoll
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/9/2008 2:59:45 PM
Kevin, how interesting, I have the exact opposite problem! I am 44 and would like to meet a man 45-52ish, and -- although I do receive emails from that range -- I get a lot of messages from 20 and 30 year olds. Happens all the time in Sarasota when I go out, too. Guess they look at me as a sexy cougar they can have fun with and not be pressured to commit. But I want so much more, sex is anytime I want it, I want to build a future with a mature man! But one thing I really loved about dating the young ones was their relaxed, fun nature. Older ones get mean and grumpy, set in their ways and intractable. Not all, mind you...but especially Republicans, yuk.
 mrmark19682006
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2008 3:29:53 PM
Hahaha, I know PLENTY of fun and outgoing Republicans. Political association has little to do with whether or not a person can be interesting, fun, outgoing, and giving.

I hate over-generalizations. People are people, and we are all different. I've met some fun older people, and some boring older people, as well as fun youngin's and boring youngin's.
 msflis
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/13/2008 10:03:00 AM

I am simply curious as to why I get MESSAGED more from women older than me as opposed to my age or younger.

Here are my guesses why: Older women are bolder and braver. Older women figure "What the hell--why not?" Older women don't get as bothered by rejection. Older women are more willing to be proactive. Older women have been approached by enough younger men that they don't assume most younger men will have much problem with it when it's reversed. Older women may be represented in greater numbers on this site than younger women are.

And maybe older women have more to say...

--Ms. Flis
 cotter
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2008 5:32:52 AM
Are you kidding? I could care less who looks at my profile. Out of pure boredom, I have gone in and looked to see who has been looking ... and it's such a wide variety that it would be impossible to see any kind of pattern.

Additionally ... who would take the time to look at each and every person's profile who looked at your profile? There are hundreds!!!!
 CherylCake
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/15/2008 5:56:25 AM
I think the OP is looking for older chix to tell him how sexy he is. I sometimes click on the funny, the gross, the "you've gotta be kidding" and the hotties. But I set the control so no one knows. As far as messaging, well, I think you look like you might be an easy target, cuz you're all innocent & unassuming. The whole corrupt the innocent thing. Maybe the younger gals are looking for some experience, and the cougars are looking to give some. But really, who knows. Why not ask the ladies who message you? Mine the gold right from the uh, Motherlode.
 AnnudderVoice
Msg: 27
Posted: 6/15/2008 6:10:49 AM
I've had women in their '20s click on my profile - I just assume they saw the pic, thought I was a hottie, and clicked on me.

Take it as a compliment, say thanks but no thanks, and move on.

As far as the difference between what young women want vs. what more mature women want, you're right. There isn't any difference.

Annudder
 saggy ass and saggy tits
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/15/2008 6:40:36 AM
cupcakes get a life and relax....i look at everyone's profile...does not mean didly ****
i like to look...the last time i heard it was allowed
 tchofclas
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2008 7:08:39 AM
Maybe the who viewed your profile needs to come with a timer, lol. If someone just clicks for a minute or two, depending on how long your profile is, or a few seconds, maybe that might be a better indicator of their interest, or lack thereof. And yes, the thumbnail pics are very deceiving, 'specially for us old gals who haven't updated their glasses lately. Seriously, anyone who post's on the forums is bound to have more viewings from both male and female, kind of like checking out the background of where a poster's coming from.
 _Icon_
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/15/2008 7:47:06 AM
Oops, I looked at your profile. Now you must marry me and give me babies.
 AnnudderVoice
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/15/2008 7:52:13 AM

Oops, I looked at your profile. Now you must marry me and give me babies.
There goes my shot...

Oh, wait...can't do the baby-makin' thing anymore...

Annudder
 _Icon_
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/15/2008 7:58:53 AM
^^^lol.

The babies are only for cooking.
 Patarey
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/15/2008 8:50:11 PM
I just perved....... I mean looked at your profile...........add me to the list...........
 _Icon_
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/15/2008 9:15:09 PM
here goes. last 10 visits to my profile

Dude, stop flattering yourself.

If they were interested they would have written to you.

Profile views mean squat.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/15/2008 10:06:08 PM
~OP~ Not sure what the purpose of this is, a view is just a view. People view profiles for many different reasons. I don't view them to "find" something for myself. I do sometimes look for other people though. I'll bet all of those 60+ men that I view wonder why I've viewed them when my profile has age restrictions on it. The reason? I'm searching profiles for other people and sending them on (or not.) I don't assume anything unless there is an email and then I still don't assume anything! It's the net. JMO
 Remington55
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/16/2008 3:06:07 AM

O/P Msg 1 ~ I mean, heck, maybe I look like I'm 65, I dunno. Perhaps my decision not to drink, smoke, or live promisuously attracts a more mature person, and people my age are, for the mostpart, still living somewhat self-destructively?

Wow you think women can tell just by looking at your picture with your hands in your pockets that they can tell that you're a non-drinker, non-smoker and do not live promiscuously???? Maybe it's the designer T-shirt and pocket-pool pose that gets 'em. Mathematically 31 goes into 62 a lot more than it does with 25~30 doesn't it?

I have to agree with most of the responses here too, people look at someone's profile out of curiosity, perhaps to get a more dynamic feel to see if what the person is saying is reflected in their profile. 1976 is your DOB?? And not your car?? Dang!!!! Who would've guessed...

If you're looking for more attention, methinks joining the ranks of Chip-n-Dales (also see Chippendales) would certainly get you in the limelight. You're still young enough & women of all ages would simply adore you...

They say that women want close up pix and men want full body profiles, do a little of both so that whoever looks at your profile can see & enjoy either. Personally you're not my type, wrong sex... sorry!!!! How would Yoda say it? "Hmmm Hmmm Lost in profile visits by older women, Kevinlovett1976 has..."

WOW!!! Lril (Msg 53) ~ Your profile pix makes you look like 18 or 19, what a difference... Anyway I'd certainly have to agree with you, you'd run circles around 'kevinlovett1976' any day I'd bet...

**~Remington55~**
 YearoftheCat
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/16/2008 6:21:03 PM
You're attracting women because you are cute, Kevin! Let there be no misconception, women are visual, too, at any age.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > attracting older women vs younger women