Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > why dont most men keep it trimmed ??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 scottttie
Msg: 2
view profile
History
why dont most men keep it trimmed ??Page 1 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
cant wait to hear some of the excuses of why 'some' men dont bother making things nicer

doesnt do any harm to trim the roughage boys
 then_what
Msg: 3
view profile
History
why dont most men keep it trimmed ??
Posted: 6/10/2008 12:31:00 AM
I would also like to know that. What girl wants to encounter A jungle down there...have to sift through a bush before you find the snake....
My current guy thankfully trims but is otherwise a lil behind the times such as not using lotions having gnarly feet etc.
I think they think they have to be all "manly man" and not worry about looking purty
but i prefer a man that takes care of himself, but hey now, I don't want him to use more products than I do
so yeah i want to know as well...
 Theycallmetc
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/10/2008 12:33:23 AM
This is a completely subjective question. It absolutely depends on the individual, including their possible cultural taboos. Some men do not care about their personal appearance, let alone how their private giblets look. Perhaps some men are just proud of their mane of pubic hair haha.

Some men do not know how to talk to women. Some men do not know how to please a woman. So what makes you think that most will know what to do when it comes to physical hygiene? I do not want to throw all men (or women for that matter) into a stereotypical group though…

I can honestly say that I keep myself clean. That is habitually a personal preference and nothing more I guess.
 Tim61
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2008 2:07:56 AM
wild Red Said "The better the job a man does keeping himself trimmed, the longer my tongue is going to spend down there "

Your My Kinda Woman Wild Red

Well as long as I can last, as I Shave reguarly, I much prefer to now, it's more hygenic too I feel and if it feels good for you well its going to feel a lot better for me too, but its getting a woman to go down on me !!! thats the problem I have

But do you ?

Tim
 JustMary65
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/10/2008 3:15:36 AM
LOL-cuz they want us to be able to floss after we eat---how considerate of guys!!
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/10/2008 6:35:09 AM
LOL-cuz they want us to be able to floss after we eat---how considerate of guys!!

OK, at the risk of never getting a date again ... I thought that is what the string on the tampon was for!!

As to the OP: Trimmed here and have been for a long time now. Just more hygenic in my opinion.
 fibus
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/10/2008 7:10:04 AM
I have two electric trimmers.
Nuff said?
 BIGLOUMARINI
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/10/2008 8:08:12 AM
Are there different styles for men? The Racing stripe, The flying "V", The Patch?, The Hitler Stache
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/10/2008 8:44:18 AM
I trim... I just feel... like a yeti when I do it.... Somewhat digressing topic and possibly gross TMI incoming, If you are squeemish(sp) you might not want to read the bottom question:

Is it normal, for a guy to have pubic hair, growing on the actual shaft itself? not all the way, but about maybe the first 3/4 inch there are some really long whiskers. I keep those things as trimmed down as possible, but I feel like a freak. :(
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/10/2008 8:57:41 AM

Is it normal, for a guy to have pubic hair, growing on the actual shaft itself? not all the way, but about maybe the first 3/4 inch there are some really long whiskers. I keep those things as trimmed down as possible, but I feel like a freak. :(

You probably are a freak, but not in that sense. Yes it is natural and yes it is one the reasons that I also keep things nice and tidy down there.
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/10/2008 12:13:50 PM

Well, there's the Rocket Launch - where you trim your hair down to a puffy-looking ring around your erection.
There's the Mobile - where it looks like your penis is suspended on a thin line.
There's the Door Knocker - where you shave your pubic hair into a ring with your penis at the bottom.
The Salvador Dali - shave it all off except for two strands which you wax into upturned horns.
And there's the Donald Trump - where you let one side grow super long and comb it over your penis.

Don't forget the Quagmire "Q" (Only works with men who's penis droops to the left).
 swingpup
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2008 12:20:34 PM
I appreciate women with a "clean plate," or at the least well trimmed. Therefore I also offer the same. It's hygienically clean and looks neater. Have been trimmed and shaven for the past 20 years.
 Gumby J
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2008 1:26:58 PM
Men dont do it because women will sleep with them whether they do it or not.

I personally go bare for the record
 nipoleon
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2008 1:36:43 PM
I'm very easy when it comes to this sort of thing.
Whatever you girls want, I'll give it to you.
I'll let you personally supervise if you want.
I'll let you do it if you want.
Have at it, go wild, if you're happy I'm happy, everybodys happy !
 rdcnorm
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/10/2008 1:59:19 PM
LOL,,, the stuff we find on the internet,, I thought all guys took care of them self's,, opps I was wrong,, Sure I shave my balls completely stop at the inner thigh, yet I trim the hair there, also shave the hair at the shaft right to the root if needed,, any hair left is neat right up to the belly button,, What I find interesting,, I'm always horny after I shave,,, I thinks it because of the warm balls after the shower,, then the gel shaving cream,, oh so slippery,, I think women should help men shave,, what to you say girls,, just another way to have fun,,,
 toysnfun
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/10/2008 2:02:21 PM
not sure - it took me a long time to even have the idea, but once I figured it out, I've been trimming and I like it and she likes it.
 AZ-CA,Guy
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/10/2008 5:54:37 PM
Mine is nicely trimed. Sometimes bare, Depends on the mood.

Keeping eachother trim & neat is fun,
 spiritruth
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2008 8:12:21 PM
This is SO a matter of personal preference. I actually like the natural look. A guy who is shaved down there looks like a pre-pubescent to me (like having sex with a little boy, yuuch). It seems strange to me. I love hairy chests also (and backs and arms and legs and butts). That is MY preference.
 Merrylass
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2008 1:09:16 AM
I hate it when people claim to speak for 'most women' or 'most men' or worse, 'all'. It's for a couple to discuss. Individuals have individual preferences so trying to figure out what 'most' people want is pointless - what matters is what your SO wants, period.

I think this hairless fad is just another symptom of the germ paranoia that the media fosters. Hair traps pheromones - shave everything off and you remove a sexual stimulant. But, hey, why not - might as well wipe each other down with hand sanitizer while you're at it
 satx78218
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2008 5:08:57 AM
"You expect women to be nice and "tidy" or "bare", "

There, you are speaking only for yourself.

Americans have become so denatured, so commoditized, so packaged, in fact so dishonest, esp the women, that "natural" is nearly always pejorative.
 heaight
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2008 9:51:18 AM
eh i trim sometimes, mainly if asked, but its not like ive got a jungle.... its alittle different from a woman trimming herself than a guy doing it, at least u can still see the merchandise when a guy doesnt do it, but if a chick doesnt do it, her cooze gets gobbled up, then u cant even find it....from an a-sexual point of view it would still be easier to please a guy who doesnt shave then a chick, besides, most chicks never make it to the end of the pole anywayz
 heaight
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2008 10:09:22 AM
eh if its only trimmed and not shaved completely u could still get the "hair in teeth" problem... if u just stay on the head of it, and massage the shaft with ur hands, u shouldnt get thatproblem, but uve gotta get to the core of a bushy chick to please her tho :(
 heaight
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2008 10:47:46 AM
only when it comes to oral on a girl, i wouldnt know about aa girls perspective on a guy, but its just logic, unless its compltely trimmed, u still might get hair in ur mouth, i was just stating a man is more likely to get hair in there mouth from going down on a trimmed chick, than a woman going down on a trimmed male, lie i said, if she uses her hands on his pole, and just focuses on his head, she isnt as likely to have that problem
 nipoleon
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2008 7:07:55 PM
Everybody should learn to sculpt their partners pubic hair into the shape of their own initials, like topiary, as a sign of mutual fidelity.
Or perhaps an elephant or giraffe or a flying swan.
It wouldn't be permanent like a tattoo but if you ever break up it'd take at least 10 weeks for it to grow back.
 simpleman20188
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/12/2008 9:07:27 PM
My babe says she doesn't care either way.

Personnaly I feel if she is willing to stay smooth and clean then the least I can do is weed whack the hedges.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > why dont most men keep it trimmed ??