Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > the joy of having our own forum      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 2
view profile
History
the joy of having our own forumPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
LOL! Blithe!!! I totally agree with you. Gone are the days when we concerned ourselves with looks and money.....now, I'm just happy to find a guy who still has good night vision so we can get home after a movie! LOL!
 carolann0308
Msg: 3
view profile
History
the joy of having our own forum
Posted: 6/13/2008 6:33:57 AM
I find myself not even reading the thread once I see the person is barely out of their teens. I had my heart broken at 18 and 20 too, but I don't remember it being as life altering as these kids seem to think it will be.
 rossal
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/13/2008 6:49:54 AM
I agree....now I wonder where MacKevinized is; he is sure to have some pithy remarks!

LOL

Rossal
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2008 9:44:23 AM
LOL! then of course there are always the dillusional old guys who think that any hot 20 yr old daughter would actually have the slightest interest in them!
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2008 1:02:21 PM
LOL! Like I said.....the dillusional old guys who don't have enough sense to know that the girl ONLY wanted an easy passing grade.....or a free concert that neither she NOR her 20 yr old boyfriend can afford to pay for.

Yeeeehaaaa, LOL! if that was supposed to be insulting...you sorely missed your mark Life......as I think most would agree, old hags are dozens of steps ABOVE pediphiles.

Thank goodness I don't have to worry about guys like that :-) my daughters are quick to let me know how disgusting those guys are.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2008 1:16:02 PM
LOL! Blithe.....I just sent a HOT...DAMN....SMOKING HOT 27 yr old to read this LOL! I think he said something about wanting me to lick ice cream off his incredibly gorgeous body! LOL! I just told him if I were 20 yrs younger...I'd go for the 7 course meal! WHEWWWW, now....talk about over 45 frustrations....why did they NOT make men like that when I was 25??? Now I can't get past the thinking....if I were HIS mother....I'd shoot me!!! LOL!

LOL! and he just replies
haha that was funny,so are you going to bring the ice cream..hehe
I told him NO <sniff sniff> with my luck...his mother really would have a gun! LOL! and if she didn't....my daughter does!
 clasact
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2008 5:35:04 PM

I guess next time I hear from someone who thinks they "LOVE older women," I should make them read this forum for a month and THEN contact me!
Oh, now, THAT'S a great idea! I'm gonna DO that! I don't know what's up with the 20 something and 30 something year olds. Seems as though they are out in droves.

when i see threads like that it makes me think the human is 15 and just fell off the truck...
Makes me think they all were dropped on their heads as infants.

Ha! When I was teaching college, which I did up til a few years ago, I had 18-19 year-old girls getting crushes on me all the time. You old hags are really a lame joke, and ill-mannered to boot...
Where are the 18-19 year olds now? And I'm allowed to be ill-mannered when I'm PMS-ing....it's just one day! What's your excuse? ~nudge~

Yes, I'm certainly glad we do have our own little corner of the PoF world.....uh, that is until *frostythesnowman* shows up.......~evil stare~
Great thread *Blithe*
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/14/2008 6:11:17 PM
I don't know, this over 45 section just seems depressing.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/14/2008 6:27:12 PM
Ya. But this forum has more threads and posters disappear than the others, it seems to me. I'd really like to see the subject matter allowed to expand, because *any* subject changes just by adjusting for the age of the cohort.

Besides, lol, I need an over 65 forum -- but doubt their are enough internet-savvy types to keep it going, so I hang with you youngsters. . . .

*mae* flowers
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/14/2008 9:40:05 PM
...I love the fact that others can relate when I talk about trying to read menu's at arms length, gravity and the difficulty when trying to get into "those positions"
Mostly I enjoy sharing all the fishing stories....some are bigger than the ones that got away.

...maeflowers
 clasact
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2008 5:22:47 AM

I love the fact that others can relate when I talk about trying to read menu's at arms length
I second that! The distance is getting longer and longer. I think now my distance is somewhere across the room. My arms aren't long enough now. So now I'm thinking about asking the wait person to assist me by holding the menu and walking 20 paces away.

What I really don't understand is why so many of the men who are also over 45 feel the need to post on the over 45 threads just to tell the women how undesirable we all are.
Yeah, and I haven't seen *frostythesnowman* around lately. Just when I say that he'll magically reappear and some lame thread topic bashing women of this age group.
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2008 8:02:57 AM

Ya. But this forum has more threads and posters disappear than the others

I can't argue with that statement. For those of us who have been long time members of this forum, the answer to that question is crystal clear. Can you say "undercover mod or facsimile thereof". Figure it out people, I know you can!

Tink
 clasact
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2008 8:39:55 AM
I know what you mean *candylily* and to think that some of these guys are in our age category. ~shakes head~

I can only surmise that they have had not so pleasant relationships or dealings with women of their own age group that some tend to paint us all with the same generalized "brush". And when (here) you take a look at some of these men, making these broad statements, their profiles can be a tad scary sometimes and you wonder, WTH?
 countryboy55
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2008 8:43:36 AM
I enjoy older women they are all very beautiful women. because if not for them my little buddy would not be in his wheel chair with a big smile
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2008 5:05:31 PM

I think we should all post a picture of either our walker or our cane. Maybe there's a web site for that out there!
I have a picture of my truck on my profile.....with the handicap plackard hanging on the mirror.....does that suffice? LOL!
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/15/2008 9:10:02 PM

Ha! When I was teaching college, which I did up til a few years ago, I had 18-19 year-old girls getting crushes on me all the time. You old hags are really a lame joke, and ill-mannered to boot...

I was wondering why the younger guys keep hitting on me so one night when this really hot 40 year old very successful profession had asked me to Starbucks, so I asked him. He said "Have you ever tried to have an intelligent conversation with a 20 something? While physical attraction is nice there is nothing compared to a mental attraction otherwise it is just a nice body filling the space, I prefer someone like yourself who is both physically attractive, intelligent but mature enough to know how to stimulate a man in more than one way."

God I loved that answer even if it was a line! Guess it is just a matter of taste and who you want to fill your time with.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > the joy of having our own forum