Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do guys always end up talkin about sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 namebob5
Msg: 10
Why do guys always end up talkin about sex?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)

No matter what you are talking about sex always seem to get brought up. I want to know why that is. You can be talking about your kids, cars, movies... but no matter what sex some how always gets brought up. Even if you try to change the subject they still try to talk about is. Please help me understand why this is.

Women think about sex as much as men do. Sex is the entire point of getting into a relationship, along with the companion portion. How would you not talk about sex? Its the way people express there love.

Its like a mechanic always talking about cars and you not understanding why. I fail to see why sex shouldn't be talked about, if not talked about more than it normally is.
 ErehwonEnoon
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Why do guys always end up talkin about sex?
Posted: 6/13/2008 9:00:54 PM
Have you ever been on a diet? All you can think about is food. Have you ever gone a few hours without anything to drink? Once again all you can think about is getting a cool glass of water. Everyone has a collection of "needs". People have some basic physiological needs: air, water, food, human contact (sex). Once those needs are met, you move on to more evolved needs: security, esteem etc (google Maslowe's Hierarchy of Needs). Is it possible that the people that you talk to are lacking in some area of need?

Another aspect involves the basic process of bonding. Reflect on conversations you have had which don't entail sensitive subjects. Do you become closer to the other person or maintain distance. Talking about kids, cars, and movies are really safe subjects. They don't necessarily promote closeness. Is it possible that they are attempting to get "closer" to you?
 guys4theforums
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/13/2008 9:37:03 PM

MSG#6-Laughinglibra said:Have you never been in a kitchen full of just women? Inevitably, women also end up talking about sex....
Why? Because we are sexual creatures!! Sex is very important to most people... we are forever curious about it, learning about it and enjoying it. Humans react strongly to things they get "rewarded" for... and what better "reward" is there than a mind-blowing orgasm?

Well said Libra.
I don't really think "all" guys talk about sex. I normally don't. Everyone gets into them lustful moods once in a while and sometimes the topic has surfaced
A majority of the time with me it's the female that eventually curves the subject towards a sexual topic. I think we're all curious in most cases.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/13/2008 10:36:54 PM
Not all guys talk about sex...heck...my girlfriends and I always joke about how we are raunchier and more sexually focussed than ANY man we know! LOL And unlike most guys...we get into every teensy weensy detail! ;O)

I have actually had to be the Dirty Wh0re who broached the topic of sex with a guy before! I knew I wanted to get to know him further...and he was diggin' me too...but no matter how much innuendo was there...he halted it! So finally I just outright turned on the blatant button and said, "Dude...let's talk sex!" LOL Usually asking, "So what's toooo kinky for you?" gets the conversation flowing! ;O)
 Carnut83
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2008 11:05:34 PM
Probably because sex is more for enjoyment now rather than procreation.
 Rammsteinfan
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2008 2:24:41 AM
If he's talking about it then it is on his mind a lot. you can either chat about it or get on with it. Sex is an important part of life and for many it is part of their daily life. Sex and the closeness and intimate contact is what relationships are all about though at times both partners are not thinking or wanting it as much or with the same drive.

It is said that men think about it a lot more than women and the urge and drive for the male is apparent in nature. If you dont want it as a permanent topic then tell him so, in what manner you do it is up to you as if let I think most men would have it as conversation point number one but the consolation is that he wants to have sex and if he is talking to you about it then you know who he wants
 2HEDZ
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2008 5:53:53 PM

blame the internet. this is the only place i know when the next logical question in a political debate is, "so what size are your boobs?"
 rustytalent
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2008 6:19:15 PM
When I was 22 I worked in an office environment where I was one of 2 guys working with 8 ladies. They were all in their early 40's and older. The conversations I walked in on CONSTANTLY made me blush. They talked about sex more, and in more graphic detail, than any group of guys I have ever been around.
 xeot
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2008 6:39:48 PM

but no matter what sex some how always gets brought up. Even if you try to change the subject they still try to talk about is. Please help me understand why this is.

I don't bring it up... maybe that's my problem? :)
 borntoski683
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2008 9:13:15 PM
Most guys that the best way to get a girl to have sex with you is to get her thinking and talking about sex. The reality is that a lot of girls want to have sex just as much as the boys do, but for some reason they feel they aren't allowed to bring it up or give off an impression that it was THEIR idea. I believe this is due to old school double standards about girls being innocent and boys being little devils. Girls need to maintain their image of "decency". Therefore they can't bring it up. Not only can't they bring it up, but at some level of consciousness, it has to seem more like the guy was the one that instigated it if and when it happens. They are hoping it will happen, but they don't want to be perceived as a slut by being the one to instigate it.

Guys know, whether consciously or unconsciously, that if they bring up the subject, doors will be opened. Simple as that.
 John_Mon
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/14/2008 9:19:25 PM
I must be an exception because I don't do that. I find the girls in most cases bring it up first with me. And it's usually has something about an old boyfreind. With the guy's that do, it's probly a "water temp" type topic to see how long it may take to get your clothes off which can pretty much be determined by your response.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do guys always end up talkin about sex?