Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Def Leppard      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Webstad
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Def LeppardPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I grew up on them as well. I don't mind their new stuff, but I think Pyromania was their best. I think that was their most "metal" album ever. Mind you, there are some tracks from "Yeah!" that were pretty rockin'.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Def Leppard
Posted: 6/15/2008 2:23:46 PM
his real name is pete willis elliott

Are you trying to be funny?

Pete Willis was the original guitarist who got fired or quit (depending on who is telling the story) and was replaced by Phil Collen. Pete played on On Through the Night & High N Dry (their best and closest to real metal IMHO).
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Def Leppard
Posted: 6/23/2008 8:10:38 AM
Def Lep was my first concert. I still remember the day....Nov. 7, 1992. I was 14 years old. My eldest sister took me. It was (sadly) after the passing of the late great (and highly underrated) Steve Clark, but the experience still blew me away.

I stopped buying their albums after "Euphoria," because all of them started to sound exactly the same after awhile--same sound, same production value. It got old. Although I did buy their covers album "Yeah!" That was probably the best album they've had out in about ten years.

I love "Hysteria,", but my favorite album by them was 1996's "Slang." It wasn't their most popular, but I loved it because it was more of a departure from their traditional sound. They were experimenting with different musical styles and I really loved it. I had hoped that they would continue that with their later albums, but wouldn't you know, they went right back to their formulaic album style with the next record.

I still see them whenever they come into town. They are still a great live band.

joyce72
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Def Leppard
Posted: 6/27/2008 12:43:33 PM
I'm a big fan of Def Leppard. Unlike most people, I didn't get into them until Vault. I became an instant fan and went out and bought all of their old stuff. However, I also love their new songs. And they are great every time I see them in concert, unlike a lot of other artists. "Pour Some Sugar" is still my all-time fave.
 electrifying84
Msg: 15
Def Leppard
Posted: 6/29/2008 7:25:04 PM
Def leppard is awsome one of my favorites.
 Husker Freak
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Def Leppard
Posted: 6/20/2009 6:43:47 PM
What I know about the band are from the albums Pyromania and Hysteria. Both are very solid albums. I would like to know if High and Dry and On Through the Night are worth picking up? BTW, their cover of No Matter What is a lot better than the original.
 Leppard86
Msg: 33
Def Leppard
Posted: 2/19/2013 6:46:55 PM
You are definitely not wrong. Not only is Hysteria the band's best album, but if I was stranded on an island and i could only bring one thing with me, it would be that album. Absolutely EPIC album!!!
 LucidTheory
Msg: 35
Def Leppard
Posted: 2/20/2013 5:16:21 AM
I like them. Not sure what my favorite song is but I like Hysteria and Rock of Ages. You can catch them at the end of the movie 'Rock of Ages' that stars Tom Cruise.
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 37
Def Leppard
Posted: 2/20/2013 6:49:53 PM

I loved them up until Hysteria. Hysteria is the most over produced pile of sugared up, chick-crap that the rock world has ever unleashed upon unsuspecting ears.

i agree with that but not with the rest. mutt lang was also the guy that did pyromania. he co wrote every song. the thing missing from hysteria was pete willis. very under rated as a guitarist and as a contributor to def leppard's early success.
lang made them superstars with hysteria. i always though women was a great tune.

bob rock is another animal. he brought out the best in the bands he worked with. made huge sounding albums with dr feelgood and the black album. i've never thought of sad but true being "emasculating". lol. it wasn't rock's idea for metallica to cut their hair and wear guyliner.

k.w.
fight fire with fire
 LucidTheory
Msg: 38
Def Leppard
Posted: 2/22/2013 1:19:02 PM
Hysteria produced 'Love Bites' and that was on hit. 'Pour some sugar on me' was pretty good, I like the tempo and beat even if I didn't understand why anyone would want sugar on them.
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 40
Def Leppard
Posted: 2/23/2013 12:54:48 PM

What has 9 arms and sucks?

your mom?

k.w.
over 100 million units sold worldwide

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 cooldog65
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Def Leppard
Posted: 3/10/2013 9:59:58 AM
"Pour Some Sugar on Me"...great stripper song!
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 45
Def Leppard
Posted: 3/13/2013 9:23:40 PM

What happened to Def Leppard? The last I heard of them, the drummer got in an accident and lost an arm an that was many years ago. I hope those guys are still rockin' and touring.

do you live under a rock? he lost his arm in 1984. they released hysteria 3 years later and it sold over 20 worldwide.

so, yeah......they did ok after the accident.

k.w.
i hope that's a rib
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 48
Def Leppard
Posted: 3/19/2013 7:49:44 PM

I like "On Through the Night" and "High and Dry". They were NWOBHM at that stage. Then they became a pop band. Pyromania and Hysteria were essentially Mutt Lange albums. He wrote and performed all over both (especially Hysteria where his voice is on there as much as Elliott's). Check out some of his 80's personal demos to see just how much.

and where might one find these demos?
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 50
Def Leppard
Posted: 3/19/2013 11:06:24 PM

They used to float around on the file sharing programs a decade ago. Here is one I found on youtube. There are maybe 6 more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_mAqsjAxoE

i've heard this. that's joe singing. everything that says def leppard demo has joe singing. where did you hear mutt was singing? i've heard he sings back up on some of the albums he produces but you'd have to have one hell of an ear to pick his voice out.

k.w.
photograph
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 52
Def Leppard
Posted: 3/20/2013 1:35:44 AM
wow. i've never heard that one before. i guess you're right. those are recognizable vocals but not joe's.
parts do sound like joe which makes be believe it's because of what i'm used to hearing. mutt's vocals are pretty upfront.

k.w.
color me impressed
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Def Leppard