Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Online dating etiquette? When to meet...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Online dating etiquette? When to meet...Page 1 of 1    
a good time to meet is when you're both ready to meet in person. sounds to me from what you said....those women don't really want to meet you if they stop talking to you after you mention about meeting. they might be hiding something, not being honest with who they are or what they look like. also, depending upon other things as well, some scammers also do that. they pretty much know they're not going to get anything from you and with some of them being under fake profiles they have no intention on meeting you then they go poof!

i'm not sure as to how you're talking to the women so i can't say if it's you or not. why don't you wait to see if someone asks you about meeting. if they don't say anything about meeting within the first month or so then sure, go ahead and ask. eventually someone would agree with meeting you.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 3
Online dating etiquette? When to meet...
Posted: 6/13/2008 10:10:07 PM
What Lady said for sure....but I know for me personally, anyone that asks to meet before a minimal of a week of conversing...is too quick! But that's just ME...cause I prefer to see if we intellectually connect before seeing if we chemically connect!

In my thought process...worse case scenario is I DON'T chemically connect, but I have made a new friend....which is mucho better in my eyes, than having the chemistry and not the intellectual bond of an early meet!
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2008 3:03:04 AM
Try suggesting a specific activity and general time frame e.g. "Can I take you out for lunch/coffee/drinks next weekend"

Then again, maybe those girls just figured out that there weren't really interested. In which case, you just keep trying, and don't expect every girl that you talk with to be interested in you.

I like meeting up right away if I'm interested (after a week or so). A week of emails back and forth, and I start getting bored. I don't mind IM'ing for a while though.

Since you say you've only been on for a couple of weeks, I have a feeling you might have to adjust your expectations of how many women will actually be interested in you, and also, that probably means you are asking to meet too soon too.
 c_deacon
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2008 8:55:12 PM
Would the question not be better phrased as "When not to meet"????

If there is interest, attraction, desire, and availability, then you meet as soon as you can......

And if any of these are missing, you put it off until there is either completion for meeting, or moving on.....

Just my opinion.......
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/20/2008 7:17:13 AM
MX...I can't speak for all who freak on the phone idea...but for me, if a guy asks me for my phone number before I have even a clue to his basic information...then I balk at the idea. I would not split...unless he kept pressuring and pressuring or did not respect my choice to take a little longer in getting to know something about one another.

I mean, if I handed out my phone number (I don't care that I have the option of giving my cell!) to every single person who asked...I might as well post it on my profile! LOL And then suddenly I am receiving the doofus forwards and texts, as well!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Online dating etiquette? When to meet...