Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 1
Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?Page 1 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Would you date someone if they saw something in the sky they couldn't explain, but insisted it was an alien spacecraft?

Assume this person was employed, fun to be with, and a seemingly thoroughly reasonable person in every regard, but insisted he had seen a flying saucer and he thinks that we are "not alone"?

Would that be a deal breaker for you if you didn't also believe?
 2HEDZ
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?
Posted: 6/14/2008 5:57:31 PM
no problem. i think the real question is, "would you date someone who says they're from a UFO"
 daynadaze
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2008 6:00:11 PM
As long as he allows me to be uncertain of his beliefs and that we don't have to put on capes and drink poison Koolaid, I could find it kind of interesting.
 WeAre1
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2008 6:07:13 PM
Of course. I'd much more likely date them than someone who insisted we are the only life forms in all of the universe.

^^ahhhh, we had the same thought.....
 rustytalent
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2008 6:14:44 PM
UFO's don't sound much more unbelievable to me than a lot of religious stuff I hear. So no, I have no problems with it.
 oc_jon1965
Msg: 6
WHY...Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?
Posted: 6/14/2008 6:16:56 PM
every single 'alien' believer . . . end up being kinda whacked

aliens/lights in the sky are ...

#1 . . military, or some other real aircraft
when the stelth bomber was being developed in the 80's
there were endless reports of "UFO's" over the testing ground

#2 . . . shooting stars or light reflections

#3 . . . angels , manifesting themselfs . .
either good angels . .or evil angels...

paul the apostle said
"its no marvel for Satan to transform himself into an angel of light"

and in the end times , biblical prophets said there would
demonic manifestations - that would decieve many

funny how the... freaky...hippie...new agers run to UFO's
as some kinda of savior of mankind. . .

in the end.. UFO people are just whacky , who needs that?
life is hard enough as it is...

find someone grounded...
 afashionlady
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/14/2008 6:19:07 PM
No...not a deal breaker...but if he starts in with the whole "I've been abducted and had an anal probe...wanna see?" thing...we got issues.
 oc_jon1965
Msg: 8
powering our cars out of neutrino particles
Posted: 6/14/2008 6:56:51 PM
. . . "they" say . .. . some of the military's
technology came from alien space ships !!

wooooooooooo ehhhhhhhhhhhhh ! !

cept the energy part...

most fighter jets can only stay in the air for 1.4 hrs

with 1600 pounds of fuel !

soo much for . . . "alien technology" . . .

Posted: 6/14/2008 7:40:49 PM
I'd be less likely to date someone who DIDN'T believe in other intelligent life in the universe; c'mon, its awfully big, and arrogant as hell of us humans to presume there is no other life out there but us! But I'm not so sure our little planet is worth visiting for a species that has interstellar spaceflight. Or maybe they have something like the Prime Directive, ie. we aren't advanced enough to contact yet. Hey, maybe the UFOs people on Earth have seen are "Teasers", like from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (not that awful movie, but the original BBC mini-series)...lol

That being said, I do draw the line at tinfoil hats!
 Mirage111
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/14/2008 7:43:11 PM
err imagine the sex! it would be out of this world just beam me up now!
 SWSpice
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/14/2008 7:46:29 PM
Lol. I dated a guy that was convinced that he was (and alot of us are) from Mars. It used to have ice and he was convinced it had life and we are all aliens transported here. Um, ok.

Though I found out that this belief was the least of his problems.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/14/2008 7:55:15 PM
Shhhhhhhhh. Don't tell him you saw me here. He'll put me in the anti-gravity chamber!
 StarreGazer
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/14/2008 8:04:26 PM
Extraterrestrials sufficiently advanced to travel through space presumably would search for INTELLIGENT life forms. With that in mind, the fact that such beings have NEVER visited this planet is PROOF POSITIVE that they do in fact exist.
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/14/2008 8:30:12 PM
ufo researchers from the discovery channel were here this past week to research whats know as the kokomo lights...
 pokey
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/14/2008 9:23:25 PM
i saw a ufo once and that's exactly what it was.
unidentified!

i made no claims to what it was or who/what was driving/peddling/pushing/imaging it.

i just know that no aircraft i'm aware of could make the maneuvers this thing did.

frikkin' martians!!!

there goes the neighborhood!!!
 CeU2
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/14/2008 9:24:44 PM
I don't know? It depends on the person. One Ms. I talked to said she watched a UFO land in the distance when she was on vacation in North Carolina, where she swears there is an erie glow from certain parts of the Blue Ridge Mountains on the belt way during the night.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/14/2008 9:28:30 PM
~OT~ I've dated men that I swear were from another planet so I suppose I would have no problem dating one that insisted his mother ship was arriving.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/14/2008 9:30:30 PM
I really have heard it all; this is one of the most ridiculous questions I've seen on POF. How this affects a relationship is so beyond me.

There are better things to think about than this as a deal breaker. You really need to get out more.
 NotYrAvgBear
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/15/2008 4:48:17 AM
I know I was pretty bummed out when my Kasimir directional plate failed over North America, and I was forced to ditch my craft in California. Our technology, much like yours, is subject to failure in unexpected and unique ways sometimes. Mine just happened to occur during entry into this solar system, due to a freak solar flare that happened to cause a plasma induced feedback charge that overwhelmed my ships immune system. Her inertial dampeners began to fail as we attempted to stabilize in a high geosynchronous orbit. She told me that she was unable to continue, but could put me down safely on Earth as a last resort. I tried to save her. She will be missed.
Unfortunately, your Radio Shacks don't carry the parts I needed for that model of gravimetric field generator.
Figures!
Now I've been reassigned to observational studies until arrangements are made for my extraction.
Please keep your children learning all they might about mathematics and science, and possibly your kind will be welcomed into the larger galactic community soon. We are eagerly awaiting the passage of just two more key acheivements, and it seems mankind will be ready.
Our expected window for this is now less than 4 years away.

P.S. If there are any post doctoral particle physicists out there that could help me out with a little math problem, it would be appreciated.

ROFLMAO
 DarthSanguinus
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/15/2008 6:10:32 AM
Not all aliens are small, ugly, bug eyed and bald.

Some of them are actually quite HOT looking....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-9xai73_n8
 whothehellknows
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/15/2008 6:45:59 AM

Would you date someone if they saw something in the sky they couldn't explain, but insisted it was an alien spacecraft?

I would date them, just think they are gullible and misguided as hell. This is not to misinterpreted from believing in the possibility of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, just the tendency in some to assign extraterrestrial orgins to anything they can't identify.
 RSwindol
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2008 8:11:12 AM
Well technically, if you see something in the sky and are not sure what it is, then it is definately a UFO. UFO simply means "Unidentified Flying Object". With this said, I would have a hard time dating someone who did NOT believe in the existance of UFO's.
 Draskinn
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2008 10:46:13 AM
I find it funny that 90% of the population says they believe in some variant of the invisible man in the sky AKA “God” yet UFOs and aliens oh that’s crazy talk…
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/15/2008 4:51:35 PM

I really have heard it all; this is one of the most ridiculous questions I've seen on POF. How this affects a relationship is so beyond me.

There are better things to think about than this as a deal breaker. You really need to get out more.

I definately need to get out more.

Considering you posted 16 times on these forums today (including my ridiculous post) and over 21 times on Saturday, I'm thinking you might need to get out more as well.
 designingwoman
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2008 7:07:35 PM
I don't think it would be a dealbreaker unless he was obsessed with UFOs. On the other hand, I agree with sanderick that we can't possibly be "alone" in the universe. My view is somewhere between the UFO crowd and we are alone crowd: Yes, there are alien persons, or intelligent life forms in the universe, BUT they are too far away to realistically be able to travel here. Although it would be fun to meet an alien OK, maybe this banana is one or this?

Of those who believe there are other persons in the universe, what do you think they look like?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?