Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > God loves gay people ????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 1
God loves gay people ????Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Now can someone show me a part in the bible that shows he does not ....if there is nothing that shows he does not....then really would that not mean he loves all his people right ???? or wrong ????
 gregorywb
Msg: 2
view profile
History
God loves gay people ????
Posted: 6/17/2008 11:49:01 AM
Guys, don't feed the troll. Thread starter is obviously just trying to get people riled up, the question is absolutely ridiculous.
 Blue Steele
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/18/2008 8:23:22 AM
Me thinks that god is gay. Me ancient studies into the ancient Hermetic sciences reveals that there is a herphrodite aspect to god and that there is on lower levels of existnace the tendancy to seek the woman in man and the man in woman.

If god is gay is the devil straight or just a republican?
 rockondon
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2008 11:46:08 AM
if He loves everyone then why does He make homosexuals specifically to occupy hell?
 rockondon
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2008 12:12:57 PM
^ I would guess that for many people there is an element of choice in their sexual preference. I would also guess that for most people there is little to no choice at all. I'm heterosexual - but I had no choice in the matter. If society hated me for it, God hated me for it, my family hated me for it, none of that would change the fact that that is simply what I am. Couldn't change it if I tried. Notions about "free will" and "choosing" are not applicable. Do homosexuals choose to be hated by the majority of society? That doesn't make sense.
 Gregatron1973
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/20/2008 2:58:10 PM

The only _real_ place that homosexuality is condemned is in Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 which expressly prohibit male homosexuality but if you follow the rules in Leviticus you are also against:
- Sexual intercourse during a women's menstrual cycle
- Tattoos
- Wearing certain types of jewelry
- Eating certain kinds of meat
- Wearing clothing made from blended textiles (cotton-polyester blends)
- Cross-breeding livestock
- Sowing a field with mixed seed
- Eating or touching the dead flesh of pigs, rabbits, & some forms of seafood
- Men cutting their hair or shaving their beards
It also endorses polygamy.

-AMEN! let's not forget that according to the bible masterbation or "Spilling thy seed upon the ground.." is an offence punishable by death. So I guess the only guys in heaven are dudes who were born without arms?
 susan_cd
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/13/2010 10:52:33 AM

The only _real_ place that homosexuality is condemned is in Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 which expressly prohibit male homosexuality

So I'd guess that lesbianism is OK though? ( maybe it's only OK if the men get to watch )

In any case, next time someone who calls themself a Christian uses the passage from Leviticus to "show" that homosexuality is wrong, be sure you point out to them that they are quoting from the Old Testament, not the New, and let them know that if they are going to use that passage & not something attributed to Christ then they are, in fact not a Christian but are a Leviticusian.
 Fishingthereef
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/15/2010 10:56:15 AM
I love that Catholics began the whole Fish on Friday (to include CLAM CHOWDER)... this is still why many, many restaurants serve chowder as Friday's soup of the day.

Of course, EATING SHELLFISH IS AN ABOMINATION UNTO THE LORD (you can find that right under 'it's an abomination for a man to be effeminate (re-translated to gay))

It's nice to know that Christians who like Clam Chowder or all-you-can-eat shrimp nights are going to the same place as gay men. :-)

James, Seattle
 forumschick
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2010 8:27:02 PM
if He loves everyone then why does He make homosexuals specifically to occupy hell?

I am sorry, how do you know that hell is being occupied by homosexuals?

^ I would guess that for many people there is an element of choice in their sexual l preference. I would also guess that for most people there is little to no choice at all. I'm heterosexual - but I had no choice in the matter. If society hated me for it, God hated me for it, my family hated me for it, none of that would change the fact that that is simply what I am. Couldn't change it if I tried. Notions about "free will" and "choosing" are not applicable. Do homosexuals choose to be hated by the majority of society? That doesn't make sense.

Free will and choosing aren’t applicable?! Really?!

There is always a choice, you may not like it or even consider it a choice, but you always have one.
You have chosen to be a heterosexual as I have, or have you tried anything else and have decided that that’s just not for you?

I know I haven’t, but trying something else here would be the “other choice”. As I have said, you may not always like the “other choice”, but we always have an alternative. Therefore you have chosen…

In my opinion sexuality isn’t hereditary or a genetic disposition, it is as any other type of behavior; chosen.

Society hates individuals because they are afraid of finding themselves in those individuals, therefore reject them. In all reality, society is merely rejecting and even hating the possibility of being like the rejected individual. An individual needs not to be homosexual, he/she needs to be simply an individual and society will find reasons to reject him/her. Unfortunately, it is what it is…

Not that I am agreeing with anything considered immoral, be it the actions of homosexuals or heterosexuals…

Hmmm, I really don’t think that anyone would dare agree with anything “immoral”, at least not in public…

I really don't se any difference between the two, when it comes to the human nature concerning sin. Everything is a sin when faith is not applied....and I see that this neglect of faith can be applied to any human action, even if others consider these actions to be within the righteous standing and requirement before God

But I agree with what is in your heart, that we have all sinned and there is no heirarchy........probably the reason it always seems so futile to me to discuss what a sin is and what it isn't, whne we are all made in the likeness of sinful flesh.

If The Man has said “Thou shall not…” it is a sin.
I do believe that He doesn’t take into account which one of them you are committing, you are guilty of disobedience, and that is all that sin is to our lord. He told us not to do it, and that is all that matters to Him.

It is my understanding from scripture that nothing can separate us from the love of our creator. He loves those of which have acknowledge and believe in Him as much as He loves those of which do not. No matter what you do, no matter who you are, He loves you as much as He loves me, because you know what? I may not be homosexual, but man do I struggle with some of his commandments, I am not going to tell you which, because that is neither here nor there :wink: but I sin on a daily basis; to God you and I are the same, just a couple of disobedient children. Don’t believe me? Ask Him then…

Lest you wonder, God’s thoughts are not our thoughts, nor His ways are our ways; God doesn’t hate; we hate, humans do hate that of which we are afraid…

susan_cd
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/16/2010 8:34:11 PM
You have chosen to be a heterosexual as I have

Oh? On what day did you climb out of bed, rub the sleep out of your eyes, and decide " You know, I've been putting this off for a long time, it's about time I made up my mind and choose whether I'm gonna be heterosexual or homosexual" ?

Was it a concious decision, or were you unable to decide & so flipped a coin?

Did the homosexual chimpanzees & penguins also "choose" to be homosexuals?

And the fact that other species have homosexual members eliminates the claim that it's "unnatural".

forumschick
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2010 8:42:36 PM
Oh? On what day did you climb out of bed, rub the sleep out of your eyes, and decide " You know, I've been putting this off for a long time, it's about time I made up my mind and choose whether I'm gonna be heterosexual or homosexual" ?

Was it a concious decision, or were you unable to decide & so flipped a coin?

Every day I wake up, I choose not to research the matter any further. I know I could go the other way or even have it both ways, but I am happy with my choice. Therefore I choose daily...

Oh and it is as concious of a decision as when I choose coffee from Starbucks or Dietrich's...
 forumschick
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2010 8:50:11 PM

And the fact that other species have homosexual members eliminates the claim that it's "unnatural".

First off, I really don't know whether or not He has commandments for the animal kingdom, quite frankly, either way, it is inconsequential to me so...

Secondly, what would classify something to be unnatural? Because if it is going against nature, well, technically human nature is unnatural, wouldn't you agree?
 susan_cd
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/16/2010 10:06:28 PM

First off, I really don't know whether or not He has commandments for the animal kingdom, quite frankly, either way, it is inconsequential to me so...

The comment was directed at the people who describe homosexuality as "unnatural", not directed at anything in the Bible.

Secondly, what would classify something to be unnatural?

If something exists in nature then by definition it can't be unnatural.

Because if it is going against nature, well, technically human nature is unnatural, wouldn't you agree?

The homosexual animals aren't going against their nature. Human nature ( such as it is) isn't unnatural unless it's altered by chemicals, drugs, alcohol etc.. You could argue that wearing clothing is unnatural I guess, since no other species does that.
 forumschick
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2010 9:22:56 AM

The homosexual animals aren't going against their nature. Human nature ( such as it is) isn't unnatural unless it's altered by chemicals, drugs, alcohol etc.. You could argue that wearing clothing is unnatural I guess, since no other species does that.

Precisely! Almost everything we do is unnatural, so really, what is unnatural and who has enough authority to determine it as so?

As I said, it is quite simple folks, if you are a Christian; there are commandments to follow, but if you break any of them; that is between you and God.
In other words, most people will "invite" you to rectify, because it is asked of us in Scripture, although I know most of us don’t do it as instructed, oh no we take it to a whole new level, well leave it to as Christians or should I say humans?

Seriously though, anything you do, your walk with God is for no one to judge or say that you are going to hell or even absolved as some Catholics seem to think that Priests can actually do that, go figure.
Oh don’t get me wrong, they will try to do so, but listen to them as you hear the rain fall outside, while you are inside your house; inconsequential isn’t it? Or you can always try my approach, it goes something like this: “Well then you should go pray for me, you know He’s the only one that can really change me, you on the other hand, well, it just invites me to continue doing it...” They usually end up at a loss for words…

Hey I think I am doing pretty well, I used to leave these people so angry and annoyed but God said that it wasn’t Christian-like, so I am trying…

Remember this, God is your creator. There isn’t anything He doesn’t know about you, and He does love you regardless of our interpretation of Scripture, just talk to Him, not anyone else, this is just between you and God, and once you do that, there will be no doubt in your heart that He does, whichever your weakness, he understands. Jesus walked in the flesh as you and I, He knows of our struggles and tribulations, and wants to forgive us, then help us to be more like Christ, because we can…

Oh and He’s lots of fun too…
 susan_cd
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/17/2010 9:44:29 AM

Remember this, God is your creator. There isn’t anything He doesn’t know about you

If that's so, then ( if you accept what's in the Bible ) He's given us free will to choose our on path even tho He already knows HOW we're going to choose, & thus has created millions ( or perhaps billions) of souls He knows are already destined for eternal damnation.... doesn't sound very loving or benevolent to me; those souls would have been better off never having existed.
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/17/2010 9:57:10 AM

Now can someone show me a part in the bible that shows he does not ....if there is nothing that shows he does not....then really would that not mean he loves all his people right ???? or wrong ????

since there is no 'god' but an invented one that people used to project their prejudices , likes and dislikes on, then reflect back to others to convince them of the gravity of " god's" wishes..

If people 'love' gay people they will claim that god loves gay people

if people hate, dislike gay people or are homophobes, they will claim that 'god hates gay people.

check out the Westboro Baptist Church's website:

'godhates f a g s.com
 Fishingthereef
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/17/2010 12:31:45 PM
forumschick said:

Precisely! Almost everything we do is unnatural, so really, what is unnatural and who has enough authority to determine it as so?

I disagree. Everything we do is completely natural; inventing gods, wearing clothing, using drugs, social rules... Everything. You could even make the argument that drilling for oil is like a bear poking a stick into a hole for honey or spiders making special webs that allow the winds to carry them 5,000 feet into the air and hundreds of miles away.

It has always been self-serving PEOPLE who found that there is great power in controlling what their followers do and think, even to the point of being able to control other people's acts of sex. (the ultimate power)

As I said, it is quite simple folks, if you are a Christian; there are commandments to follow, but if you break any of them; that is between you and God. In other words, most people will "invite" you to rectify, because it is asked of us in Scripture

That's very enlightened of you. . . YES, it is simple.... CHRISTIANS are the only people on the entire planet who should follow their commandments because they chose to follow that religion.

More than that, Each Sect of Christianity have the right to interpret their holy book in any way they see fit -- and they are 100% correct in their interpretation.

This is why some Christians want to kill and imprison gays and other Christians allow gays and lesbians to be the holiest of people within their church.

As soon as one sect demands that other people (especially non-Christians) follow their holy book, they are no better than the Taliban or the Jim Jones cult.

James, Seattle

forumschick
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2010 8:39:06 AM
To the last three posts above this one:

If you carefully read my post, the one you all didn't like at all, or disagree at the very least; I think one of you even quoted it, which I thought would have caught your attention, guess not; anyway, it goes something like this:

As I said, it is quite simple folks, if you are a Christian ; there are commandments to follow, but if you break any of them; that is between you and God.
In other words, most people will "invite" you to rectify, because it is asked of us in Scripture, although I know most of us don’t do it as instructed, oh no we take it to a whole new level, well leave it to as Christians or should I say humans?

To the enlightened: you are very welcome, I am surprised you were “enlightened”, but you are welcome all the same…

Also for the one that says that each sect has a right to its own interpretation, you are quite correct sir, where I beg to differ is that, there is no possible way that you could interpret from Scripture that it is okay to hang people or kill them regardless of the sin of choice.
If I have said this once I have said it a thousand times; the fact that we act or behave a certain way in His name doesn't mean that God does stand for it. I am rather surprised any of you can give that much authority and credibility to another human being equally flawed as the rest of us. Worst part, why are we blaming God for it?

The person whose interpretation you are referring to; wasn't talking to My God, trust me, I think he/she might have been talking to the other one, you know the one that is in the bottomless pit...Oh well, I wouldn't want to be in his/her shoes come judgment day, that's for sure.

Regardless of what denomination of Christianity you belong to, not one of them could have possibly interpreted something like that. Ever heard of Christ? You know He is what defines Christianity, well let me tell you about Christ, He is the -love your- enemy- as- I- have- loved- you- type of guy; guess who said “Turn the other cheek”? Christ yeah, once again, if you are a Christian, regardless of denomination, you should know better than interpreting scripture in that manner…

I am afraid some of you may have misunderstood my responses; I wasn’t doing anything other than stating my opinions, answering the OP, pretty much as you all were.
I know that you are probably used to it, but even though I am a Christian, I do not demand anything from you or impose my views on anyone, I don’t claim my truth as the truth; I am not that arrogant...

Besides, you forget who we are talking about here; God doesn’t need my help! If He wants you on His side, it is just a matter of time. He will get it done whether you want to or not. He certainly doesn’t need our help, it really wouldn’t be much of a help anyway…

I am afraid I should have asked this question before, but better late than never; I am assuming that the fact that I am a Christian doesn’t necessarily mean that I don’t have the right to speak as you do, am I correct?

Yeah I thought so…

As for the self-serving people comment, sir, respectfully, other’s bedroom activities aren’t any of my concern or interest, I assure you, therefore, I fail to see how anyone’s choice in that regard or any other for that matter, would affect me, let alone serve me in any shape or form?

Susan:
You know for a fact that God has done what you claimed on your post? In other words; did He tell you so? I just don’t think so, again this is one of the many interpretations of Scripture isn’t it?

BTW: He created souls then once He added the free will to the equation saw that these wouldn’t be saved; this again, assuming your interpretation is in fact correct.
You are speaking of a variable such as free will as if it was a constant, and it isn’t. Not even the Almighty will mess with it, only we can. The fact that he knows how it ends doesn’t determine or influence our choices in anyway, these are still entirely our choices

Conclusively, I don’t care which religion is your way of life, no one should have as much conviction in their beliefs. If such conviction is enough to harm another human being, well, in my opinion that type of conviction isn’t from any God of any religion period…
 susan_cd
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/19/2010 9:50:33 AM
Susan:
You know for a fact that God has done what you claimed on your post? In other words; did He tell you so? I just don’t think so, again this is one of the many interpretations of Scripture isn’t it?

Actually, since I'm an atheist I don't believe in a god ( or goddess, or gods/goddesses). I said that to demonstrate how self-proclaimed "Christians" can cherry pick from all sections of the Bible to justify whatever they want.

And if I DID claim that "god" was telling me something, no one could prove that wasn't the case... of course as the one making the claim, the onus is on ME to prove that what I claimed happened, too many people making claims forget that it is up to them to prove their claim, it isn't up to others to prove they're lying ( or mistaken).

This thread is sliding way off topic.
 forumschick
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2010 4:48:22 PM
Actually, since I'm an atheist I don't believe in a god ( or goddess, or gods/goddesses). I said that to demonstrate how self-proclaimed "Christians" can cherry pick from all sections of the Bible to justify whatever they want.

And if I DID claim that "god" was telling me something, no one could prove that wasn't the case... of course as the one making the claim, the onus is on ME to prove that what I claimed happened, too many people making claims forget that it is up to them to prove their claim, it isn't up to others to prove they're lying ( or mistaken).

Well then, thanks for the demonstration, perhaps next time you can demonstrate something we don’t all know already…? Just a thought…

Now just to make sure we are both on the same page now; you want me to provide tangible proof of something that exists only because of my faith, something of which you have none?

Yeah okay, I will get right on that…

With all due respect, you can believe me or don’t, once again, is entirely up to you and very much inconsequential to me either way. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone, particularly when we do not share the common ground to begin with which is faith.

Now this is just me being curious; What do you think that I have to gain by making such claims? Do you think that I am getting a toaster if I were to have you convinced that my God exists? Or what is it that you think I am after here?Better yet, do you think that I am trying to convince anyone of anything?

As I said before lady, I don’t need you to believe anything I say, I do however, have a right to speak of what I believe as much as any of you. So the next time I do, try to remember that challenging my credibility or attempting to prove me wrong is a waste of your time, because it is impossible to do so, considering we are simply stating opinions and personal beliefs.

Hey, I have all day, and I do enjoy a good argument, so as far as I am concerned, bring it on…

sarniafairyboy
Msg: 21
the Bible requires killing (Stoning) ????
Posted: 7/19/2010 4:55:19 PM

Also for the one that says that each sect has a right to its own interpretation, you are quite correct sir, where I beg to differ is that, there is no possible way that you could interpret from Scripture that it is okay to hang people or kill them regardless of the sin of choice.

huh? " there is 'no possible way' to interpret from scripture that it is okay to kill people? ??

how about these handy-dandy bible verses prescribing when it is not only "OK" but REQUIRED to stone people to death, i.e. bury them up to their necks in sand and hurl rocks at their heads until they are dead:

are you going to tell me I am mis-interpreting or mis-reading these quotes directly from the bible????

OK and please don't lay the old "That's Old Testament and forgotten stuff on me, why do so many Xians always say "God's word is timeless and forever" ?

"sins" requiring the death penalty, ("Everybody must get stoned") by the way I like the hippie's version of 'get stoned' a lot better than the bible's.

For touching Mount Sinai

Whosoever toucheth the mount shall be surely put to death. Exodus 19:13

For taking "accursed things"

Achan ... took of the accursed thing. ... And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones. ... So the LORD turned from the fierceness of his anger. Joshua 7:1-26

For cursing or blaspheming

And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him. Leviticus 24:16

For adultery (including urban rape victims who fail to scream loud enough)

If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city. Deuteronomy 22:23-24

For animals (like an ox that gores a human)

If an ox gore a man or a woman, that they die: then the ox shall be surely stoned. Exodus 21:28

For a woman who is not a virgin on her wedding night

If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her ... and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate: And the damsel's father shall say ... these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city. ... But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die. Deuteronomy 22:13-21

For worshipping other gods

If there be found among you ... that ... hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them ... Then shalt thou ... tone them with stones, till they die. Deuteronomy 17:2-5

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers ... thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 13:5-10

For disobeying parents

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother ... Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city ... And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21

For witches and wizards

A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27

For giving your children to Molech

Whosoever ... giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones. Leviticus 20:2

For breaking the Sabbath

They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. ... And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones.... And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses. Numbers 15:32-56

For cursing the king

Thou didst blaspheme God and the king. And then carry him out, and stone him, that he may die. 1 Kings 21:10
 forumschick
Msg: 22
view profile
History
the Bible requires killing (Stoning) ????
Posted: 7/19/2010 5:21:02 PM
^^Ah you disappoint me; you are quoting the bible as most Christians do, to prove something you need proven and I assure you, you went to the right source.

What I won't let you do is say that it is possible for any Christian to interpret the bible in the manner you are quoting it.
Because a Christian would know that Christ, you know the guy I keep talking about, yeah the one that walked this earth without ever committing a sin, the one that was tortured and crucified to pay for all of our sins yours included.
Yes honey in my opinion (The fact that you don't believe He exists doesn't deny his existence period)
Anyway, That Guy, Christ, he was the ultimate sacrifice for any and all of the sins ever committed or to be done forever and ever.

Remember that episode, where there are about to stone Mary Magdalene, and He stops them, yeah that was Christ, I am telling you He is all that!
Anyway, as I was saying, none of what you quoted above applies anymore, there are verses that I could quote verbatim to prove that an eye for an eye isn’t longer the thing to do, instead we are not to take matters into our own hands. In fact, you are to do nothing but good, to whomever is offending you or your Lord, He says, mine is the vengeance I will pay you…
We are living in the period of grace; thanks to Christ, He was the ultimate sacrifice so we no longer have to die for our transgressions…

Once again, a Christian would have known that, of course I understand why you didn’t…

If you aren't a Christian you can misinterpret, obviously you did. Does quoting the bible make you a Christian though? Yeah, I didn't think so...
 Vancer
Msg: 23

Posted: 7/19/2010 7:56:09 PM
I don't know the answer to the OP's question. I just feel right now that any place which leaves things behind because it won't tolerate or accommodate them... well I wouldn't want to be a part of that.
That thinking probably will make things more difficult for me, but we'll see.
 susan_cd
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/19/2010 8:32:40 PM
Now just to make sure we are both on the same page now; you want me to provide tangible proof of something that exists only because of my faith, something of which you have none?

Not at all, I have no problem with anyone having whatever faith they choose, the problems arise when they try to force that faith on others, or try to pretend it isn't faith but rather is some form of science & try to teach Biblical creation ( even if they call it Intelligent Design) in science classrooms.

If you have strong faith then more power to you .

If you took one of my posts as challenging your credibility, that wasn't my intention.

Nothing wrong with having faith, but it belongs in the home & the church ( not in public schools ) and shouldn't be pushed onto anybody.

Anyway, it isn't usually faith that causes the problems, it's religion... you can be very spiritual without following an organized religion.
 susan_cd
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/19/2010 8:38:45 PM

Remember this, God is your creator.

Perhaps you meant to say "remember this, according to my faith God is your creator". I'd accept that statement completely, I have no argument with your having that faith... but leave me out of it.

Jesus walked in the flesh as you and I

Possibly, I'm not sure there's been any historical proof of that; but that doesn't mean he is the son of God, perhaps he was just ahead of his time as a philosopher that taught peace love & forgiveness.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > God loves gay people ????