Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Alternative lifestyles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MajorThomas
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Alternative lifestyles Page 1 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
well obviously hes just saying that because you wouldnt date him.

Do you smoke around your daughter, does she smoke too?
Alternative lifestyles
Posted: 6/16/2008 9:20:16 PM
I don't think it makes you a bad mother at all Dustie, as long as you confine your adult activities to when your daughter is asleep or with her dad (which I'm sure you do). Although I no longer partake myself, I did smoke occasionally (and I mean very occasionally, like a few times a year) for a long time; to me, I don't see minor usage of marijuana as anything different than having a drink here or there (and all the legal moralists feel free to pile on here).

Where you will run into a problem is when your daughter is older, and asks you about drugs, and if you do them. I know I went round and round about the hypocrisy of telling my son how wrong it was while I still smoked, and decided to be honest, but told him it was something for adults only, for all the good that did. If I had that decision to make over again, I would likely have swallowed my penchant for being honest just that once and told him no I didn't, at least until he was an adult himself and old enough to understand.
 platypus_man
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Alternative lifestyles
Posted: 6/17/2008 1:17:40 AM
It would really depend on how often, and how much you smoke. If you're getting high several times a day, that's not a good thing, and yes, that's not a good example for a child. It also depends on how you behave after smoking. Some people get a mild buzz, and behave pretty normally. Others get silly and bizarre. Basically, think of how you would want your baby sitter to act. If you wouldn't want to drop off your kid to someone who behaves like you do when you're high, then you might want to reconsider your drug use.
 artzytype
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Alternative lifestyles
Posted: 6/17/2008 11:10:46 AM
Didn't a lot of moms in the 70's smoke grass? As long as you're not a chronic I don't see the problem.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 13
view profile
History
I was told I am a bad mother because I smoke marijuana.
Posted: 6/17/2008 11:18:19 AM
OP,

Bottom line: Buying, having and smoking pot is illegal. Whether or not it SHOULD be illegal is a different matter. I have friends who smoke it. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.

Bad mother? Nope. Slightly irresponsible? Yep. Regardless of how careful you are, is it really worth doing something where there is even the slightest chance of you getting arrested if you are caught?
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 14
Alternative lifestyles
Posted: 6/17/2008 11:20:21 AM
its illegal! which means you are breaking the law. you get arrested what do you tell your daughter? and what will you say if your daughter does something illegal, she can just say you smoke pot whats the difference...oh or are you going to be a good mommy and smoke it with your daughter???
 nebula22
Msg: 16
Alternative lifestyles
Posted: 6/17/2008 11:36:30 AM
It sounds to me like you are a responsible mother and are doing a great job at raising your daughter.
So many people claim to be intelligent but instead of looking at how 'we the people' are being hoodwinked and suppressed by our government, they will put any body down for not believing the government lies.
I wonder if these same people would turn over their parents to be executed if the government announced they was a drain on the young and should be put to death to save Social Security some money..
 YingKissesYang
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Alternative lifestyles
Posted: 6/17/2008 11:47:00 AM
Think what a good mother you would be if you didn't smoke marijuana! But on the other hand, I got nothing against you smoking it a couple times a month, on your birthday late at nite, maybe new years eve, or at a campout. Same for drinking.
 867love
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/17/2008 12:34:13 PM
like i tell the people who smoke it. -its something the government has decided to make a scapegoat. scare people by making fallacious propaganda showing it as a violent scurge -detrimental to society, when its merely a poor mans recreational drug (alternative to alcohol) that the government can't make any tax revenue off -(like taxing tomato plants -too easy to grow)
so they make it illegal under deception, put people in jail, (overcrowding the prison system -costing billions of dollars) take away their jobs -and children. all for possessing an organic plant that i would rather see the 75% of people intoxicated on the streets on the weekend nights than the alcohol that normally pumps through their veins. -head on collisions would be reduced to 7 mph head on fender benders, dennys, taco bell and mcdonalds stocks would surpass microsoft and bar room brawls would be reduced to bar room chants...
i dont smoke it, however that doesn't mean never became familiar with it and the surrounding patrons, parties and things associated with it. -smoking it makes you really lame, slows your thinking and makes you mellow to the point of being irritating, however how many people do you see every day on legal perscription drugs that have the same comatose demeanor. i have seen plenty of gravely ill people swear by its effects, -if it relieves their pain -why the f**K shouldn't they be allowed to smoke it? -what is the difference -chemical high or natural high -your still high.
o/p: teach your child to lead -not follow, maybe there is still hope for this planet
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/17/2008 12:42:45 PM
Perhaps what could be construed as you being a bad mother is putting yourself in a position where you could possbily be arrested for possession of a controlled substance if the proper authorities caught you. You won't be around to take care of your daughter if you're in jail, right? Smoking weed might not be the worst thing you can do, but that doesn't change the fact that the consequences for possessing it still exist as it is still currently illegal. Just something to think about.
I agree completely!

I think supporting ANY illegal drug activity is just plain stupid. Do you have any idea what the proceeds from your purchases go for? Do you have any idea of the number of murders that occur just so you can partake of something that you see as harmless?

How would you like to explain to the wife and kids of some DEA agent who was killed in the line of duty trying to stop the illegal import of your doobie that it was too bad because you think it should be legal?

You talk so much about loving your daughter but you allow your money to fall into the hands of people who will sell drugs to children and think nothing of it? What kind of a world are you creating for her? Will you be one of those parents that screams at the police when your daughter is busted? Or worse yet talking about the poor police protection when drug dealers shoot up your neighborhood?

I have no problem with anyone fighting for the legalization of MJ or any other controlled substance or activity but just because you're fighting to legalize something doesnt give you the moral right to partake. That is just a delusional rationalization for your bad choice.
 dogs rule
Msg: 25
Alternative lifestyles
Posted: 6/17/2008 12:59:35 PM
And another pot thread. If it bothers you then quit smoking pot. Otherwise don't worry about what other people think, its your daughter and you can raise her the way you want. Do you think the state would say your a good mother if you were caught with pot?

I don't think it makes you a bad mother because you smoke pot, but your far from mother of the year. If you openly smoke it and she knows you do I don't think its right to teach your kids that drugs are ok. I hope you don't smoke around her. It is illegal regardless of how you feel about it. I don't like the seat belt law, but I still wear it because its the law.

But I don't see how any of this has to do with letting her play in poison ivy. BTW I would suggest keeping her out of it as much as possible, or you maybe sorry. Our systems change sometimes. My mom used to not get it then one day she did. I never got it, but one time I got it in an open cut and broke out from it, but haven't gotten it since.
 DLo!
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2008 1:03:38 PM
Just be careful that your kid doesn't ever need to wear the t-shirt
"My Mommy's in the Pokie" cause you got Busted....THEN you'd look like a Bad Mommy. btw... DRUGS SUCK!
 ladyc4
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/17/2008 2:02:34 PM
Rejected suitor temper tantrums aside, I'm sure you are a great mom but maybe a bit lacking in judgement.

You can certainly support legalization in principle. That's fine. But AT THIS POINT IN TIME, there are legal and financial ramifications you need to consider.

As a matter of routine, I seriously doubt that the police are going around searching out personal/recreational potsmokers.

However, were you to get on someone's bad side, it might be your downfall.
And it's no different than if you went out partying with a LEGAL drug(alcohol) and got a DUI...same issue of irresponsibility.
Cindy O
 JohnEDeep
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/17/2008 2:42:23 PM
As the son of an addict, my entire world was torn asunder when I was 13. What heinous substance was the culprit? Beer. Legal, taxed, and socially acceptable beer. Prohibition may have outlawed it once, but few drinkers gave it up, spawning an entire underground economy of brewers and distributors. Sound familiar?

I can only assume that all those touting the legal issue have never broken ANY laws...period.

To that I say BULLSH!T. Ten minutes of observation reveals how many scofflaws are on the road, killing more people in one day than the demon weed has claimed in the past 50 years. If I was a cop, traffic court would be grid-locked. It's a speed LIMIT, not a suggestion.

Let them throw stones if they're so pure. I doubt if you'll need to duck and cover very often.
 playfulpete
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/17/2008 2:43:51 PM
why are you a bad mother again
 OutMind
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/17/2008 2:50:17 PM
When I was growing up I ended up hanging out with the pot heads. They corrupted me into surfing, trying to play music, going into out there adventures and spend endless hours philosophizing about the problems of the world. So because of our bad, bad attitude and activities and way of thinking we had to pay the price. One of the guys is doing time at CNN as a top executive. Another one of the guys ended up in a high position in sales for a big company. Another one went into commercial decorating and owns an antique place. I am doing time as a marketing director.

We still get together, and after all the kids are away in bed, the old guys may pull one out and light up. I personally no longer partake because as a cyclist it reduces my lung capacity too much to be competitive. But I bring along a good substitute, some Malbec or Spanish Tempranillo.

So if anything, you can't blame pot for the way you grow up. All these guys are also very good parents, with kids in sports and very active.
 Ideoform
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2008 2:58:42 PM
Ok, smoking ages you. So does drinking vodka. I think playing poker doesn't age you, but I wonder what that "complicated" job is. Do you also deal drugs? Or are you just dealing with drug dealers?

None of this makes you *sound* like a good mother. Just more like a kid, to me.
 dogs rule
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/17/2008 3:11:35 PM
I think your kid should be with her father, You keep smoking that shit and see what happens. Apparently you dont really care about your daughter at all. I am sure she thinks your a loser too

For all we know the father might smoke it too. My ex smokes it and thinks its cool, she said she was going to quit but she can't. Guess who taught her? Dear old mommy and daddy. Yeah great parenting.

I personally think there is a time when we need to grow up and put the drugs behind us weather we have kids or not.

I wonder what happens when you need to score some pot and your kid is in the car. Sit out here honey while I go in and see this guy.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/17/2008 3:13:00 PM
What if I wanted to legalize another illegal drug because I liked it; I partook in it and I had kids; is that cool? No.

You are breaking the law. Do good mothers teach their children to break the law and do whatever you want? No. You are using illegal drugs. You are a pot head; that is your thing. But what cracks me up is that you are some wannabe hippy not into antibiotics (some parents have killed their kids by not allowing them to take them) anti pasteurized foods (which kills bacteria to make food safe) but pot that has so many drugs in it and sometimes chemicals from its harvesting is o.k. Whatever.

What adults; especially young adults with kids; dont realize is that kids hear half of what you say. But they watch everything that
you do. Smoking in general is unhealthy and so is pot smoking which is unhealthy and illegal. And dont give me the crap that it isnt bad for your lungs.

Lets put it this way; there is no way in hell I would allow someone that smokes pot to be around my neice and nephew or kids if I had them.

What you are teaching your child that if you like to get off on something or if you like to be impaired or get high, even if its against the law, just do it. Well if thats a good mother then I have a big orange bridge that runs from San Francisco to Oakland to sell you.

And on a side note; I know a whole lot of parents who are raising brats as kids. I would love once for a parent to say, I'm bringing up a high maintenance, spoiled kid that doesnt have to do what they are told.
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/17/2008 3:16:26 PM
shes only breaking the law if she gets caught???!!! what the hell planet did you fall off of???
 mthomjmark
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/17/2008 3:17:57 PM

So if anything, you can't blame pot for the way you grow up. All these guys are also very good parents, with kids in sports and very active.

This is the most ridiculous thing ever. there are also alcoholics and drug addicts that run major corporations and even are in the senate and house; and yes; even the presidency; that use substances; some illegal. Some are even addicted to sex and pretty insane behavior. In your mind their success justifies their illegal drug use. Wow. I've really heard it all.

I know 2 pot head friends and when they toke they are absolutely worthless. To say it doesn't affect you is ridiculous.

Your friends succeed in spite of their habits. You yourself admit it affects your lungs and some studies now show its more damaging than cigarettes which at first was not thought of.

It is what it is. It's illegal drug use. There is no justification.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 52
Posted: 6/17/2008 3:27:10 PM

shes only breaking the law if she gets caught???!!! what the hell planet did you fall off of???

Misgiv; you take the cake. So as a parent you teach your kids that you can break the law, and its cool as long as you dont get caught? OMG; LOL Does that go for cheating, lieing and stealing too? Unreal.

Are you six years old and haven't a clue as to what character and right and wrong is? Good God.

So if I'm married and I cheat on my wife with several women, in your eyes I'm really not cheating unless I get caught? Wow; good to know. Please tell me what low life planet you are from. I dont want to end up there.

These posts never cease to amaze me. We wonder why people are so messed up; some are adults and dont know right from wrong. If this is what pot does to your brain cells, then everyone stop using it.

If you want to use it thats your thing; but as a parent you are breaking the law; just you trying to justify its use by saying all the good things you do shows me even you think its wrong. You just like it and can't stop.

Other than for medicinal purposes like cancer and aids (no a young person who is healthy and says he hurts all over isn't a good excuse), its illegal, and shouldn't be used. End of story. The message you are sending your child is scary.
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/17/2008 3:27:19 PM
why don't you take the joint out of your mouth when you type because as before you don't make sense...and as far as my attitude I'll drop it when I'm damn good and ready...
 mthomjmark
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/17/2008 3:32:54 PM

Misgiv; you take the cake. So as a parent you teach your kids that you can break the law, and its cool as long as you dont get caught? OMG; LOL Does that go for cheating, lieing and stealing too? Unreal.

I think tons of laws are bad; but I'm not going to break them because I think they are wrong. I'm going to follow the law. I dont want my reputations or my family affected. If I get caught via drug tests my career is pretty much over; I will lose my license and I'm done. I'm not going to break the law screw up my career and reputations to get high. No stupid leaf is worth that.

Are you six years old and haven't a clue as to what character and right and wrong is? Good God.

So if I'm married and I cheat on my wife with several women, in your eyes I'm really not cheating unless I get caught? Wow; good to know. Please tell me what low life planet you are from. I dont want to end up there.

These posts never cease to amaze me. We wonder why people are so messed up; some are adults and dont know right from wrong. If this is what pot does to your brain cells, then everyone stop using it.

If you want to use it thats your thing; but as a parent you are breaking the law; just you trying to justify its use by saying all the good things you do shows me even you think its wrong. You just like it and can't stop.

Other than for medicinal purposes like cancer and aids (no a young person who is healthy and says he hurts all over isn't a good excuse), its illegal, and shouldn't be used. End of story. The message you are sending your child is scary.
 dogs rule
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/17/2008 3:46:16 PM
she is only breaking the law if she gets caught.

What the heck are you thinking. She is breaking the law weather she gets caught or not. But you still have to moral ramifications of the fact that she is doing drugs and hopefully is teaching her daughter that drugs are bad. One day her daughter will be confused of why mommy is doing bad drugs, or mommy is going to teach daughter that drugs are good and should be legal but the man is keeping her down. Then she surely would be a bad mother.

I guess she plays in the poison ivy while you toke on your joint and laugh at her?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Alternative lifestyles