Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Canadian school board saw 'sex abuse' based on a psychic?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jiperly
Msg: 2
Canadian school board saw 'sex abuse' based on a psychic?Page 1 of 1    
>>>Was this school wrong?

I think it really depends on the behavior of the child, and how THAT was interpreted- but yes, the school showed a extreme lapse in judgment by thinking that they could hire a so-called mind reader. If the child was exhibiting classic cases of abuse, reguardless of what some psychic says, then they should pursue it- but they shouldn't have even addressed the psychic in the first place....thats psychotic.
 himmicane§
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Canadian school board saw 'sex abuse' based on a psychic?
Posted: 6/18/2008 5:17:34 PM
Anybody making knee-jerk professional decisions (that impact other people) based upon psychics, astrology, or other hocus pocus techniques such as rubbing crystals, using the magic 8 ball, or talking to their cat should be immediately fired for incompetence.
 susan_cd
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/8/2010 7:50:29 AM
The govt. should be using Ouija boards, they're just as accuratea s psychics, are cheaper than psychics & the letters & numbers are in both official languages.
 Walts
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/10/2010 4:59:47 PM

"The schools are our eyes and ears in the community," said Mary Ballantyne, executive director of the Simcoe County chapter. "They are with children more than anyone else in the community and are the first to spot a child who may be in need of our protection."

Reread this line a hundred times and see if ya feel good about who is watching out for whom????? I would think that our education systems should at least try to get the "educating" right first before they decide to try and enter other ventures. If I was a parent with a child in the Simcoe chapter I would be knocking on Mary's door and asking her a few questions. Frig,,,schools don't even know how to handle "bullying" in their own playgrounds. Maroons.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/11/2010 5:17:35 PM
I can see how this could happen.

In Canada (and I assume in the States), those who work with kids are supposed to be very vigilant about allegations of sex abuse. So a nutter comes in and tells the school secretary that she had a vision, or premonition, or something. Anyway, the secretary passes the buck to the Principal. The principal doesn't want to take responsibility, so s/he passes the allegation on. They, in turn, have to investigate all allegations.

It's a big cluster****, but I'll bet the same thing could have happened in California.
 susan_cd
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/11/2010 7:29:59 PM
Next week the same school board will probably start investigating claims of sex abuse based on the dreams of staff & students.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2010 8:04:12 AM

Should government or private institutions be allowed to use psychics to gain information on people?
Many psychics are not really psychics, and even those who are, many state they cannot be sure of things. In general, it's not idea to take their word as gospel. It's a REALLY dangerous idea to take the word of a psychic that there is a girl called "V" being abused. It could be a youngster with the first name beginning with "V", or the surname, or a middle name, or a nick-name. It could be anyone from 6 months to 17. It could be a boy or a girl. It could be someone at the school, someone in her family, someone in her friend's family, even the child of the hot-dog vendor. And that, is even if it is 100% accurate.

On the other hand, if they have to check everything out, they have to check everything out, including this. But I doubt this counts as "under reasonable grounds". It's too vague, and we cannot even be sure if it's right at all.
 susan_cd
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/21/2010 12:20:12 PM

Many psychics are not really psychics

No self-proclaimed psychic has eveer been able to prove they have any psychic ability, so your statement should read " There are no psychics"

It's a REALLY dangerous idea to take the word of a psychic that there is a girl called "V" being abused.

It's ludicrous to take the word of a psychic on anything they claim to have learned through their psychic ability.

It could be a youngster with the first name beginning with "V", or the surname, or a middle name, or a nick-name. It could be anyone from 6 months to 17. It could be a boy or a girl. It could be someone at the school, someone in her family, someone in her friend's family, even the child of the hot-dog vendor.

Or it could be 100% bull***t.
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Canadian school board saw 'sex abuse' based on a psychic?