Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > When you see a woman you like, what do you do?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wildman46
Msg: 2
When you see a woman you like, what do you do?Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I just walk up to her and say.. "Pardon me while i whip this out" while making the motion of unzipping my pants.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
When you see a woman you like, what do you do?
Posted: 6/20/2008 6:55:07 PM
Depends on the woman, I guess.

If I see some interest coming from her, and I'm interested in her, then I'll go over and say hello and introduce myself. Hopefully, it will be with something appropriate and charming. Eye contact can tell you a lot about how a woman feels about you, and is seldom wrong.

That's something that used to scare the hell out of me not so long ago, but after my divorce it just vanished after I spent a lot of time dating for the first time in my life. Getting "shot down" by a stranger is really nothing, since they know nothing about you anyway.
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/20/2008 7:00:15 PM
I dance around like a monkey and swing from the nearest tree, if a tree isn't available I just do cartwheels while singing Guns N Roses "I used to love her, but I had to kill her". As for her, she just needs to have a pulse ... oh, and a sense of humor. I know I'll find my match when she starts dancing like a monkey also!
 hiheelsareOk
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2008 9:51:51 PM
I beat my fist against my chest like a gorilla, then let out a scream like Tarzan. This usually gets their attention. I have only had the Police called on me twice. I am still single, I’m thinking about changing my tactic.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/23/2008 7:26:05 AM
There have been a couple of times when I was standing right next to a woman I wanted to get to know, what did I do? Stupid me couldn't open my mouth to say something...anything just to break the ice.

But then there are other times when I've summoned the courage and opened my mouth, sometimes been blown off, sometimes they make a casual remark about having a boyfriend or husband, but sometimes the conversation gets going and eventually the answer was 'yes' to 'can I call you sometime?'

Doesn't matter what you say, you just have to get those first words out.

Where do you meet a woman? The pool of candidates is very much diminished where I am at the moment, but if I was still home in Australia they're everywhere, the cafe, the supermarket, the bus stop, they're even right here on POF.

It's not over once the ice is broken either, you have to get through the first couple of dates without getting the 'no chemistry' email. You get past that and the relationship develops, at least that's how I've always done it.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/23/2008 7:31:56 AM
I look at her, eye her up and think to my self..."wow she is pretty hott"

then I just walk away .....

35, single, no kids, and never married.....

whoo hooo....ITS WORKING!!!!!...

VinceRanok
Msg: 27
Posted: 6/27/2008 5:40:40 PM
When I see a girl I like I often wait. I survey the scene if I have the time and find a reason to go talk to her, and act casual. Getting a good conversation going is my number one tried and true tactic on both ends. I like to show women I know how to talk, and to be attractive a woman has to be able to keep my attention.
 ExplosiveSheep
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/27/2008 6:40:06 PM
I like to try the "Stare akwardly and then go on with my day" strategy.

Occasionally I like to try and strike up conversation, but it can be tough unless there's something immediately right there to talk about.

Oh and on a side note, I usually don't bother approaching women unless I catch her looking at me. If my fly is down or I look like I pissed my pants/threw food on my shirt for some unknown reason then I figure I can't be any more embarassed and if she actually had a good look at somethin she liked then I'll be damned if that can't be a good thing.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2008 7:32:56 PM
If a woman is interested in you, she's interested in you. That won't change until you do something silly or stupid, and even that stands a chance of being considered somewhat charming - if you are lucky.

If you aren't, it's called learning.

Surprisingly, if not shockingly, women are just as interested in the opposite sex (and sex itself) as much as we men are. They get hit on by players, and sometimes fall for the lines.

It's a bit like buying a lottery ticket, when it comes to making that first step to speak to a woman. Initially, the fear of failure gets overpowering, because of the way we men are typically raised.

One has to get over that fear, because it's one based in a primal misunderstanding of how things work. A woman that rejects you, without knowing you, is not "debasing" your sense of self worth in any way.

She's just the wrong woman....carry on.

Once you get that into your head, rejection is meaningless, from a stranger.

There area lot of lonely women out there, looking for a great guy. That's something that's pretty rare, if you read the forums around these parts. If you ARE a great guy, and treat a woman properly...well, you are a person of interest to at least one woman out there.

You do have to understand the female mind though, and it's filters. If you don't have that base right off, it will be learned over time with some attention.

Now finding that ONE woman ?

That takes time, and the voyage can be an entertaining and rewarding one.

If you DON'T try, you will ALWAYS fail - that's rule number one.
 HereN916
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/27/2008 7:45:17 PM
LOL .... I thoroughly enjoyed reading every response .

Thanks for posting the question(s) janet.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/27/2008 7:49:06 PM

I take up a position about 50 yards away with a clear line of sight, and from that distance I watch her and imagine what of she was really as small as she looks from that far away. Does she look right; is she well proportioned? Could I pick her out of a line-up next to small dogs, cats and hedgehogs? It tells me a lot. Then I halve the distance so she gets twice that size and about half actual size. From there I can read her facial expression. I do not stare, I just glance over nonchalantly. I am looking to see if she seems pensive, as if she might be thinking she wants to pop her top to catch my attention but for being shy. Then I wander around and wind up within ear shot, still keeping a few yards away, and I hum a few bars of the first song that comes to mind. If she starts swaying to the music I know she wants me.

Priceless!

Now I have to start listening for me to hum around me!
 xeot
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2008 11:38:51 PM
I'll just put in another voice for the eye contact thing... I look for some sign that approach would be welcome.
 _Red_
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/28/2008 12:12:48 AM
If this thread didn't get you guys some msgs from women, I can't imagine what would. Definitely best thread of the week, loving the sense of humor so many of you guys have shown here.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 2:40:18 AM

After reading all these posts in this thread...I now realise WHY Ive been fricken single for 11 damn years.

You're all hopeless.

That's one way of looking at it, I guess.

Men are supposed to be strong, confident and fearless. That's the Bogart way. Let me light this cigarette, and sit here thinking about how sorry an excuse of a man I must be to ever let a dame like her throw a monkey wrench into my guts.

(rolls the ice cubes in his Scotch and soda, then takes a sip)

But then again, inside of every one of us men (almost all of us , in fact), there's still this echo of that eighth grader with the unrequited love interest standing by his locker looking at her yearbook picture longingly.

Every time I watch "Dazed and Confused", and I see that opening scene of that hopped up orange Challenger turning left into the high school parking lot, to the sound of Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion" ?

It's like one of those John Cusak soliloquies in High Fidelity, where he turns to the camera and starts to explain the tie in between music and his life.

I'm sixteen again, standing there with my back leaning against my locker in my blue school sweater with the white band on one sleeve, books in hand, remembering how great Susan looked in her cheerleader's outfit at football practice on Monday.

Then Susan walks by.....with that guy in the orange Challenger. She's with the quarterback, and I'm still here out in left field.

Sigh.

The only class she was in was that chemistry course....and also the "out of our league" class.You see there are very few women like that that ever cross a man's path. There's always that ONE girl who catches your individual fancy. We don't have to fight dragons or gladiators anymore, but we do have to walk onto this battlefield that love is played out on.

Sometimes fighting dragons or windmills doesn't seem to be THAT bad, really ?

Sometimes it's better getting your heart torn out by a dragon, than it ever is to have it broken by a woman. At least the former is a quick death, and rather merciful.

So this is the desert we men must walk through, until one day you finally do realize the entire thing is indeed idiotic. Who really cares if someone that doesn't know you somehow "writes you off" , in some way ? Why they do or don't like you has little if anything to do with who you really are. It's just their attraction to what they see in you, or what you let them see of yourself, and their own individual filters.

Maybe she's too tired, just broke up with someone, is dating someone right now, or she wants to concentrate on other things for the time being ? There's a better than equal chance that these types of reasons will be among the one's that woman uses in regards to how she sees you.

So you wear your heart on your sleeve, and build up some pretty impressive callouses under it from all those "Homer Simpson" moments of your life as a male. You learn far more from your mistakes than you ever do from the other things you are successful at. You learn about women, but you also learn about yourself as well. Given enough care and effort, those things will make you a better person overall.

If you meet the right woman, it all works out rather well, typically.
 _Icon_
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/28/2008 5:15:30 AM

I'm old school and I mean REALLY old.

First my brows become furrowed and my nose widens another inch or two.
I grow hair all over my body instantly and suddenly there's a club in my hand.
I waddle over to the unsuspecting woman that has captured my attention and I give
her a sharp wrap on the back of the noggin. Then I grab her hair and drag her off
to my cave.

You just destroyed my whole image of you, lol.
 that sam i am
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/28/2008 11:53:26 AM
I go up and talk to her....until I get distracted by something else. Typically food.
 xeot
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 3:16:00 PM

Men are supposed to be strong, confident and fearless. That's the Bogart way.

In that case I dolike Miles Archer and follow her down a dark alley and get shot ;)
 CaliSoldier
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/28/2008 3:20:07 PM
[To all men, when you see a woman that you would like to get to know, how do you approch her? ]I just say hi, and try to strike up conversation. if she doesnt get the hint, shes a lesbian!
[And how does she need to be to attract your attention? ] Uh, why cant SHe say hi to me, and approach me? why the one way street?
[Can you tell me when it happened in your experience? Where did you meet a woman you liked to talk to? How do you court a woman?] unfortunately, i do so by treating them with respect
 CaliSoldier
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/28/2008 3:22:05 PM
[Men are supposed to be strong, confident and fearless. That's the Bogart way. ]
Will the defentant please rise? you are here today, charged with two counts of stalking and sexual harrasment, how do you plead?
 CaliSoldier
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/28/2008 3:25:10 PM
[Geez!!!After reading all these posts in this thread...I now realise WHY Ive been fricken single for 11 damn years.You're all hopeless.]
wow how charming!!!
 EdwardPartSix
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/28/2008 3:46:23 PM
Stalk her for two or three years.
 CaliSoldier
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/28/2008 4:02:32 PM
[...why do they put so much effort into chasing women they DONT like?] I think the point is we dont "chase" anyone

[So for a gender that likes to pride themselves on being logical...its probably the most illogical thing you can do with the most illogical reasoning behind it.] so its logical to "chase" and risk getting called a stalker? No thanks lol
 CaliSoldier
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/28/2008 4:21:27 PM
[Clearly the humor is lost amongst the translation] I definitely hope so! lol
 The Artful Codger
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/28/2008 4:25:02 PM
Upon establishing eye contact with a woman I am attracted to, I immediately approach her with confidence and a big friendly smile . . . and somewhere in between the words: Hi my - & - name is . . . I roll my eyes up and back, then swoon and fall at her feet.

If she attempts first aid, I know it has worked like a charm again.
If she wanders off leaving me passed out on the floor, it was never meant to be.
 CaliSoldier
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/28/2008 4:27:12 PM
I did walk up to a woman one time, say hello and told her " Im not very good at this, but i just wanted to get to know you" She looked at me, gave me a dirty look and lokoed away> I then looked at her and said, " excuse me, but your in my way" She had a puzzled look on her face, and i began talkign to the woman standing in front of her, who was more than happy to give me her number. When i walked out of the place, the first woman, chased me down and asked why I was so rude to her> She gave me her number too. Go figure!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > When you see a woman you like, what do you do?