Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Arkansas  > POF Party, Little Rock AR, July19, 2008, 6:00p.m. Legion Club      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 numlet
Msg: 1
POF Party, Little Rock AR, July19, 2008, 6:00p.m. Legion ClubPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Date: July 19 2008
Time: Cocktails 6:oo Food Service 6:30 - 7:30 Live Band 8:00 to Midnight
Place: LEGION CLUB
315 Capitol Ave.
Little Rock, AR. 72201
Phone: 501-372 2608 or 501-372-8762

Music will be provided by the Warren Crow band: This is not your typical country band with loud guitars and set of drums. They play great music to dance by and don't blow the paint of the walls. They play a little of everything and would seem to be the very best for entertaining a POF party. Those of you who have danced to thier tunes know this to be true. We have informed them that they must do several LADIES CHOICES. So get ready for another fun filled evening. Better Rest Before You Come.

FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE::: The Legion is offering an Old Fashoned Home Cooked Fresh Bar-B-Que Dinner, Starting at 6:30p.m. till 7:30p.m. The dinner comes with : Bar-B-Que, Beans, Potato, Slaw, and Bread. All for $5.95 plus tax. Drinks on order at the Bar. This is a sit down event. It is of pulled pork from pork butts. A pork butt is the upper part of the shoulder, well trimmed, and considered by many as being the best meat to smoke. It is also boneless. It will be served buffet style on china with silverware, in the, lit for the event, dining room. Waitresses will be on duty. Karioki Singers will perform for your entertainment. All for less than a Cheeseburger at most places and not left sitting under hot lights for hours. The Legion serves lunch Monday thru Friday so they are well equipped and ready for this event.

Directions: Coming off Interstate 30, North or South, take the 6th Street Exit and go west on 6th Street to Rock Street, turn right on Rock and Immediatelly Left into the Legion Parking Lot.

The Legion has said yes to a Party on July 19, 2008. So mark that on your calander and get ready to have a fun time. The location is smoke free , easy to find and has security in the parking lot with lots of parking. For POF members that have never attended a party, you are in for quite at treat. The guests are well behaved and all conduct themselves as ladies and gentleman. The ladies usually out number the men and therefore any man that had rather sit home and watch a re-run on t.v. might be missing the chance of meeting someone very special. Dress code Jeans to a Business Suit so come as you like you won't be made to feel out of place. Please sign in so we can expect you.

We have made arrangements with the following Motor Hotels: POFers get a special rate and that rate is PER ROOM. NO ADDITIONAL FOR EXTRA PERSONS. THE PRICES LISTED ARE PLUS SALES TAX, AND AGAIN, NO CHARGE FOR ADDITIONAL PERSONS. When making your reservations mention that you are with the Plenty Of Fish Party on July 19, and you will be given the posted rates.

COMFORT INN & SUITES DOWNTOWN
707 Interstate 30
Little Rock, AR
Phone: 501-687-7700 -- 1-800-424-6423
Rate $79.00 plus tax per room, additional persons, no charge
Cut off date for Reservations: 07/10/2008
Check In time 2:00 p.m. -- Check out 12:00 Noon

NOTICE:::::::: I HAVE PERSUADED JENNIE WITH THE COMFORT INN AND DEBRA OF THE HOLIDAY INN TO KEEP EXTENDING THESE RATES AND EXTRAS TO POF MEMBERS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE ROOMS AVAILABLE. YOU SHOULE NOT DELAY YOUR RESERVATION BECAUSE OF THIS AGREEMENT AND SHOULD GET YOUR CONFORMATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, CHUCK.

HOLIDAY INN PRESIDENTIAL
600 Interstate 30
Little Rock, AR
Phone: 501-375-2100 -- 1-866-900-7625
Rate: $89.00 plus tax per room, additional pesons, no charge
Cut off date for reservations: 07-09-2008
Check in time 3:00 p.m. -- Check out 11:oo a.m.

Both have shuttle service. You must call if you want them to come to the Legion to pick you up when you wish to return to your room. This service is only until 11.00pm at this time but we are negotiating one final run around Midnight. Will let you know if we accomplish that.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:
COMFORT INN WILL MAKE ONE FINAL RUN AT 12:00 MIDNNIGHT: You must be in the parking lot as this is the only one.
HOLIDAY INN WILL CONTINUE TO RUN UNTIL 1:00 a.m.. You must call before 1:00 to request transportation.

Your Host: amvetret Chuck
Co Host: turnd Karen
If we can help in any way let us know!!!!!!
After all It is YOUR Party!!!!!!
Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

amvetret

Arazrbkfan

brokenliz

cajumj

carolynt

cowgirl4777

danmck1

davio54

HappyFeetLR

hawkdream

icoachcats

jan12781

Jane1949

jlfrench1953

Lealea01

lrdancer

mikeyinpb

ok72076

onthego57

relic58

sarg461

sawdustangel1010

sjg2665

strummer1940

upallnightar

whitewater4x4

26 people are attending
 numlet
Msg: 2
POF Party, Little Rock AR, July19, 2008, 6:00p.m. Legion Club
Posted: 6/25/2008 11:22:11 AM
Thanks Margi 8: How kind of you to offer your support and help. I'm sure I will need it, I just don't know for what at this time. To the people that have already signed up, thank you. This is a beginning of a great party. The Ladies are already telling me we need more men, as for me I am not sure about that. I kinda like having all of you for myself. ha I promise, though , I will do everything I can to get the men to come. We are going to have a special prize for one luck man at one of the intermissions. We will also have one for a woman. I ask all of you to be gentle with me because this is my first time and I am "old", s o humor me a little. lol no Bring It ON. If I can assist you in any way possible I am ready. Please register to let us know you are coming. We just want you to have the time of your life. Your Host: Chuck Davis
 numlet
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/26/2008 8:07:52 AM
Good Morning Margi: We already have 20, that would be 21 including me, that say they are coming, I think that is great since there are 3 more weekends to go before our party. I have had several phone calls and emails from friends saying they will more than likely attend but too early to say right now. We are definately going to have a good party and there will be some surprises also. I would hate to be a MAN that finds something else to do and miss the opportunity of dancing with all these ladies and maybe finding someone very special. And, Yes, The band plays the music most if not all of us grew up with, they also mix their selections up so all of us get to dance to tunes we like. Thaks Margi A Yelow Rose to You Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/26/2008 9:05:07 PM
Hey CJOY Glad to have you sign up. Out list is growing and it is still awhile till the party. If we can help you in any way just let us know. You ladies are sure looking good . Contact me any time. Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/27/2008 5:43:52 AM
Hey Gang: I take a few hours off to sleep and come back and we are already up to 30 signees. If it continues like this until party time the legion might have to knock out some walls. All you people that have indicated you are going to sign up, please do so. We want to see your smiling faces in growing list. All you POFers int the surrounding towns need to get on board. You are welcome and everyone needs to visit the Capitol City once in awhile and the Club is really easy to find.
To Michelangelo, Lealea, Jan and Divalady Welcome aboard. This will be a great party with people like you attending. Welcome Aboard. Chuck Davis
P.S. If we can be of assistance to you don't hesitate to ask. AFTER ALL IT IS YOUR PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!
 sarg461
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/27/2008 6:47:00 AM
Well I just have to say I had so much fun at the last one that there is no way I'm missing this one. I have invited several members down here in my area to attend (sorry guys ) they where all ladies. LOL just looking out for no. one.
 numlet
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/27/2008 8:37:06 AM
Hey Sarg: Way to go> maybe you will bring a lady that will be interested in me. I need all the help I can get. Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/27/2008 8:45:08 AM
Hey, Ellentoo there is always room for a lady like you---- So welcome to the party and with much funfair and ado----- We Are all ready and glad you are too. I'm on the border line of being silly this morning, No, I think I have already crossed it. 31 and counting. You ladies had better be glad the party isn't tonight. Seriously Elllen If there is anything we can help you with just let us know.
Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/27/2008 1:15:17 PM
Thanks Margi: We have 33 posted and as of now 15 are guys. I would like to welcome Ggapple from Little Rock, gals he is a Phd. and Blackhawk all the way from Granada Miss. on board, Welcome Guys, You won't be dissappointed. If we can assist you in any way let us know. You are right Marge, about not being enough of chuck to go around. I have seen how you girls dance and guys it is frightening, So come help me out. Better have your guns loaded and your powder dry. Chuck Davis
 danmck1
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 2:29:31 PM
POF Party was great, Yes I am a man, whats wrong with you guys, lots of good looking woman, drinks music, go get some dance lessons, throw away ball caps and sneakers, these woman will surprise you, Also lots of good friendship to be made. See ya at the next party,P.S. It would be great if we could get some dance lessons going, anybody got a interest
 numlet
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/29/2008 4:01:36 PM
Hey Jd, I am delighted to see you sign up, Guy you and I had more fun than the law allower at the last one, We should just about now be getting out on bond, Right? I think with guys like you Re-upping the ladies won't be a problem. We may get so many we might have to have them wait in the parking lot and bring them in in shifts. You remember though, I am going to sit behind you again and keep my eye on you, Lets Go Fishing. Glad to have you and that is for sure. You just made a lot of people happy.
I am going to supper right now You all take care for awhile and talk among yourselves .Tea time will keep you company inmy absence.
Thanks Guy. for now. Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/29/2008 6:09:21 PM
Hey guys you are going to have to wait on me a little I am old and slow, I will at this time welcome, I coach cats, sware, roho, neon star, and little girl 46 to the Pof party on July 19, Thanks all of you for signing up. We are delighted and pleased with your early interest. Thanks Guys I am humbled. We are going to have a great party and I am here to help you with any problem that I can help you with. No Guys, I cannot get you a date with any of these beautiful ladies. But I can promise you if you ask one of them to dance you will probab ly be accepted. Then: Instructions, Talk nice to her and be cool and you might get your own date. The reason I won't be able to help you is beacuse I will be working the new ladies, They don't know me yet.
GOOD FISHING CHUCK
 numlet
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/29/2008 6:33:10 PM
Hey Shellia has offered us a challenge as I take it. She challenged the women to bring so many men to the party we would have to dance with other. WELLLLL, Shellia, If I understand you right I for one am giong to keep my eye on the sign up and if all these men strart showing up I am going to the air port or some other public building and stand in front of the Ladies Room and sing up Ladies. So There. Chuck
 Pandy
Msg: 14
Moderator Notice
Posted: 6/30/2008 5:55:50 AM
1)Parties have been approved at this venue, providing that no host or co-host profits from the event or takes money directly, and that no host/co-host is gainfully employed by the venue. ALL cover charges, fees, purchases must be paid directly to the venue.

2) Married users are allowed the same rights and privledges on this site that singles are.
Discrimination will not be allowed in either the threads or the events.

3)Your personal squabbles are your own. I do not wish to hear who is a bad person, who you feel is behaving inappropriately, etc. I am here to keep the threads clean and make sure both the thread and the party remain within POF rules. If you have personal issues with other users, take them up in email with each other. I am not a referee for your personal arguments with each other. If another user offends you in email, simply block them.

4)Party threads are for the planning of parties and the discussion of party details. They are not chatrooms, they are not podiums to air your personal preferences, gripes, or moral codes. If you wish to discuss something OTHER than the party, post a thread with a valid topic, or take it to individual email.

5)Party hosts and co-hosts are held to the same standard of rules adherance as everyone else, and they have no more "power" or sway with moderators than any other user. Anyone who wishes to have a post or a thread reviewed for rules adherance in a timely manner may do so.

Those who cannot adhere to POF posting rules will find their posting privledges curtailed,
so please do review the rules and posting guidelines before you hit the post button again.

Pandy

You may resume posting on this thread.

numlet
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/30/2008 4:59:48 PM
I would like to welcome the following five new signees to the party, Bean Countess, Casper Girl, Law Dog, LR Dancer, and Tanyar, Thanks guys for signing that bringas you bring our total to 60 counting me. If we can help you in any way let us hear from you. Good Fishing Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/30/2008 7:51:15 PM
Glad to have you join us ms maddie. If you have any questions or anything we will be glad to help you. Hope you can make this one. Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/30/2008 8:12:36 PM
Welcome to blueboyee, mlmclass, terecuse, msmaddie, adn drhardwun, We are glad you have decided to join us. We are here to serve you. We now stand at 64 signees.
Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/1/2008 9:26:44 PM
First I would like to welcome the following 5 people aboard. Joliet, Mdlangh13, Carolyn nt, Southren Prince, and Mike 72801 Thanks Gals and Guys, Looks like we are going to have a good turn out. There are now 71 that have posted their intentions of coming July 19. 2008. 34 Men and 37 Ladies. Let's Keep it Rolling and Good Fishing

NOTE:::::The legion is planninga Bar B Que Dinner from 6:30 to 7:30 . The Bar B Que will be prepaired locally and will include sides. The Price isn't decided yet but I will be reasonable We will post that later.
ALSO: We are at this time checking with Comfort Inn and Holiday Inn Presidential on special room rates for POFers. We will post this as soon as we get their an prices. These Hotels are close by and have shuttle sevice, but the shuttle only runs until 11:00 pm I have been told, Maybe we can negotiate a final run around midnight. Details Later. Watch the post. Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/3/2008 11:48:37 AM
NOTICE:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::NOTICE::::::::::::::::::::NOTICE:::::::::::::::::::NOTICE
WE HAVE POSTED THE ROOM RATES AND OTHER ACCOMODATIONS THAT SOME OF YOU HAVE BEEN ASKING ABOUT::::::::::::::::::::::::

::::GO TO HE HEADER ON PAGE ONE AND READ THE NEW POSTS: THANKS::::

numlet
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/4/2008 6:27:46 AM
Welcome Honey Nurse and Thanks for all your labors for the party. I'm looking foreward to seeing you at the party. Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/4/2008 10:11:11 AM
We have 3 more new signees. Welcome Aboard Steve327, Pammy Moore and Whisper Jewell, We are glad you signed up. We stand a 81 and counting. The capacity of the Club is 320 lets see if we can exceed that. Atta Boysand Atta Girls to everyone. We still need some young ladies for the guys that have signed up that are 35 and below. Two Full weeks to go. Lets Go Fishing:::: Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/5/2008 12:46:52 PM
Hey guys we now stand at 41 men and 44 women signed up to attend. Some of you ladies that are holding back on regestering need to post your pictures so we can keep encouraging men to come. We need some young ladies for the young guys. Help us out by signing up. 2 more weeks to the day till fishing time. Sharpen your hooks and use your best bait. Let"s get ready to Fish.
 numlet
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/6/2008 11:32:30 AM
Hi Sweetcheeks: where did you get a name like that? Never Mind. Yes , you can bring friends with you. We would kinda like to know the head count before the party so we can get a handle on how many we might have. We have capacity for 320 and It is unlikely that we will exceed that. We would like everyone to regester but that is not a requirement. As far as dress code, There will probably be everything from Jeans to Business Suits. There is a lot of information in the Header on Page one of the Party Profile. We will be posting other information there as it becomes available. Keep checking it every day or two. Thanks Chuck Lets go Fishing
 numlet
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/6/2008 5:44:53 PM
Hey Diva lady: Pof does not require people to sign in or wear name tags. We will have these services available for every POFer and we would like you to sign in but that is your choice. It really doesn't matter if others come to the party, that just makes for more people having fun. As for POF members, they can bring thier guest and they do not have to be members either. Thanks for the question and We are glad you are planning on being there. Chuck Lets go fishing
 numlet
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/7/2008 7:53:33 PM
Hi Bible Reader: Your friends can certainly sign up and sign our register. It is only a record of who attended the party. It is for me. they can sign up for membership in Pof if they have access to a computer. Some libraries have computer internet access for free or you could let them build a profile on yours if it were feasable. Thanks Chuck

Also: We have just surpassed the big 90, We are at 91. We would have been there before now if it wasn't for some casulties we have suffered for verious reasons. We will be over a 100 by the end of this week. We all need to give ourself's a slap on the back for a job well done. I am proud of everyone. Atta Boys and Atta Girls to everyone. While I am at it WELCOME Theresa, glad to have you, Ir Porkchop, Thanks guy, Sunshine Blues. Glad you are coming, and No Tag Line get ready to Fish.
Show ALL Forums  > Arkansas  > POF Party, Little Rock AR, July19, 2008, 6:00p.m. Legion Club