Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > It's about time George Bush got the respect he deserves      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Buffalonian
Msg: 5
It's about time George Bush got the respect he deservesPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
The ballot argument against naming the sewage treatment after George W. Bush:
Sewage treatment plants take what is smelly and unhealthy and after the course of processing it, discharge what is frequently safe enough to use. With Bush and the government he runs, the reverse process happens.
 GOD.IS.A.BULLET
Msg: 6
It's about time George Bush got the respect he deserves
Posted: 6/26/2008 3:42:23 PM
A bush out house wouldn't be complete without Dick Cheney toilet paper and a Nancy Pelosi toilet brush.
 Miss W
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/26/2008 4:55:22 PM

the George W. Bush Sewage Plant.

I love it! As the OP said, so appropo! A library would be comical.
 readyornot57
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2008 3:28:26 AM
Why name a sewer plant after him?
Why not just name S##T after him?

"I have to take a bush."
"I laughed so hard, I bushed my pants."
"He needs an enima to help him bush."
"Bullbush!"
"What a bushy day."
"My dog still hasn't learned to bush outside."
"Don't step in the dogbush."
"This coffee tastes like bush!"

Now of course, this ruins the meaning of what bush really stands for
so we have to find new words to replace those meanings.
 mungojoe
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/27/2008 6:32:37 AM

Why not just name S##T after him?

Because that would be giving sh*t a bad name.
 h0ldfast
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2008 6:48:35 AM
Is naming sewage plants after politicians a positive step toward improving the country? I can't see how this will really make any kind of difference, but if it is the best thing that the people of San Francisco can come up with, power to them.
 cotter
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2008 6:59:21 PM

No one is concern with the amount of water that would be wasted on such a flush?
Who says it has to be a "fruitless" flush?

LMAO ... people can save up all kinds of "good stuff" to flush at that time.

It's not all that gross to save up from the night before ... right? Then at just the right moment ... they can "shower" Dubya with all kinds of really good stuff ...

There isn't enough sh!t out there to do him justice ... but folks sure can try ...
 GOD.IS.A.BULLET
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/27/2008 7:59:33 PM
They should name the place where all the dead soldiers 4,113 americans and the 1,225,898 Iraqi's that have been murdered in this war the George Bush's "Oil's well that ends dead" cemetary

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/
 Del Monty !
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/27/2008 8:38:37 PM
Maybe Bush will ask "The Great Sidemouth Grouch,Duck (ka-boom)Cheney" how to spell the words "right from "wrong"....since he apparently has asked Cheney on nearly every major foreign policy blunder for the last several years. Heck....several members of Bush's own Republican Party in Congress shy away from him now. Even they know deep down inside that he is a total screw up and an imbecile. No President since Nixon's darkest Watergate days has suffered that degree of ignomity from his own party! Hmmm...wonder how many will ask him to make campaign appearances for them this Autumn? Not unless they want an albatross around their necks ! Ah yes...then we shall see the true loyalty litmus test !!!
 GOD.IS.A.BULLET
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/27/2008 8:43:36 PM
Well tonight he just declared the United states in a state of emergency and her comes world war three.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2008/06/20080626-4.html

Executive Order: Continuing Certain Restrictions with Respect to North Korea and North Korean Nationals

White House News

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.) (IEEPA), the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.) (NEA), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code,

I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, find that the current existence and risk of the proliferation of weapons-usable fissile material on the Korean Peninsula constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States, and I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat. I further find that, as we deal with that threat through multilateral diplomacy, it is necessary to continue certain restrictions with respect to North Korea that would otherwise be lifted pursuant to a forthcoming proclamation that will terminate the exercise of authorities under the Trading With the Enemy Act (50 U.S.C. App. 1 et seq.) (TWEA) with respect to North Korea.

Accordingly, I hereby order:

Section 1. Except to the extent provided in statutes or in regulations, orders, directives, or licenses that may be issued pursuant to this order, and notwithstanding any contract entered into or any license or permit granted prior to the date of this order, the following are blocked and may not be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise dealt in:

all property and interests in property of North Korea or a North Korean national that, pursuant to the President's authorities under the TWEA, the exercise of which has been continued in accordance with section 101(b) of Public Law 95-223 (91 Stat. 1625; 50 U.S.C. App. 5(b) note), were blocked as of June 16, 2000, and remained blocked immediately prior to the date of this order.

Sec. 2. Except to the extent provided in statutes or in regulations, orders, directives, or licenses that may be issued pursuant to this order, and notwithstanding any contract entered into or any license or permit granted prior to the date of this order, United States persons may not register a vessel in North Korea, obtain authorization for a vessel to fly the North Korean flag, or own, lease, operate, or insure any vessel flagged by North Korea.

Sec. 3. (a) Any transaction by a United States person or within the United States that evades or avoids, has the purpose of evading or avoiding, or attempts to violate any of the prohibitions set forth in this order is prohibited.

(b) Any conspiracy formed to violate any of the prohibitions set forth in this order is prohibited.

Sec. 4. For the purposes of this order:

(a) the term "person" means an individual or entity;

(b) the term "entity" means a partnership, association, trust, joint venture, corporation, group, subgroup, or other organization; and

(c) the term "United States person" means any United States citizen, permanent resident alien, entity organized under the laws of the United States or any jurisdiction within the United States (including foreign branches), or any person in the United States.

Sec. 5. The Secretary of the Treasury, after consultation with the Secretary of State, is hereby authorized to take such actions, including the promulgation of rules and regulations, and to employ all powers granted to the President by IEEPA as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this order. The Secretary of the Treasury may redelegate any of these functions to other officers and agencies of the United States Government consistent with applicable law. All agencies of the United States Government are hereby directed to take all appropriate measures within their authority to carry out the provisions of this order.

Sec. 6. The Secretary of the Treasury, after consultation with the Secretary of State, is hereby authorized to submit the recurring and final reports to the Congress on the national emergency declared in this order, consistent with section 401(c) of the NEA (50 U.S.C. 1641(c)) and section 204(c) of IEEPA (50 U.S.C. 1703(c)).

Sec. 7. This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, instrumentalities, or entities, its officers or employees, or any other person.

GEORGE W. BUSH

THE WHITE HOUSE,

June 26, 2008.
 EarlzP
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2008 8:54:54 PM
President Bush should get his day in court where his innocence or guilt can be determined by a jury of his peers, let history record that he was found innocent or guilty and then that appropiate action was applied
 Del Monty !
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/27/2008 8:55:26 PM
Georgie declareth in 2001...and Georgie taketh away in 2008. Oh yeah,of course the North Koreans can be trusted now. Sure ! Has amnesia struck in epidemic form at the White House? Less than a year ago, they were nuclear sabre rattling all over Asia and the rest of the world..scaring the crap out of Japan,South Korea,etc. because of that mentally unstable numskull with bad hair, Kim Jong-Il......and now they are playing nicey poo? Heck..I'd play ball too with the USA if I knew that I now had the knowledge to build a nuclear weapon... or get one from my accomodating neighbors China or,our KGB buddy Putin in Russia if I wanted one. Hey...maybe the Commie Koreans have some extra barrels of oil they could sell us? Perhaps.perhaps?
 IslandDreams56
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2008 9:23:50 PM
One caution I would like to put forward, he is still the president
and he's just crazy enough to want to go out in a blaze of, hmmm......
never mind.......
He now has an honour that he has truly earned.
 Tucker
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2008 9:33:32 PM
On behalf of your Canadian Friends I say the following ,
Bravo
 cotter
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 6:45:40 AM
"Badger Bill" ...
(Message 2)
No one is concern with the amount of water that would be wasted on such a flush?
(Message 24)
Well, If no one is concern with the amount of water that would be wasted on such a flush.

How many more times are you gonna ask that question ... ?????? Somehow I find it hard to believe that you're really all that concerned about the waste of water, but since you've stated the question twice now ...

Will it make you feel better (be of less concern to you) if we all promise to save up our Sh!t from the day before so that the flush won't be a waste of water?
 Outdoor2
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 7:58:50 AM
B.U.S.H.

Backwards
Utopia
Sig
Heil!
 cotter
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 7:29:54 PM

LMAO ... the flush heard 'round the country ... SWOOSH ... and he's gone.

If we could just be rid of him so easily ... sigh.
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > It's about time George Bush got the respect he deserves