Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Spelling Issues      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RatherBeDancing
Msg: 1
Spelling IssuesPage 1 of 1    
Yes, we all complain about them, and I'm no stranger to the typo, so here's something that will help us all. If you download the Google tool bar, it comes with a Spell Check option!!! This will check your spelling as you are typing, and on the occasion that it does check automatically, you just right click and choose "spell check this field forcibly."

Honestly, if I get an email that states that I am "butaful" or worse, "buttyful," "gorgus," and that I have "saductave" eyes, it just turns me off. And if someone claims to be very "pashonit" I really don't even know how to respond outside of "you're doing what on what?"
 guys4theforums
Msg: 2
Spelling Issues
Posted: 6/27/2008 9:19:44 PM
I must be lucky or something. Seems like the women that I email with are fairly good spellers. I don't really care if they are perfect spellers or if their grammar is off. As long as I can understand what they're saying then it's all good. I'm sure if they typo they might have other hidden qualities that outweighs any typos or misspelled words.
I really wouldn't want my friends to think they had to do a spell check just to communicate with me. I'm just happy they email me . "Period"
I get a kick out of these people that pop into these forums and make fun of a misspelled word or a typo. I'd rather hang out with someone that couldn't spell than someone thats constintly making fun of people.
It's a funny circle isn't it Miss !
 designingwoman
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Spelling Issues
Posted: 6/28/2008 10:58:23 AM
Some people whose native language isn't English find spelling to be a real challenge. If someone is originally from another country, give them a break!! A misspelled word here and there isn't the worst thing in the world. I do however find excessive textspeak harder to read than normal writing. Someone who is constantly making fun of people should be referred to as a bully or a jerk.
 godliketoaster
Msg: 4
Spelling Issues
Posted: 6/29/2008 2:43:59 AM
All the cool people use firefox.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Spelling Issues
Posted: 8/23/2011 1:14:16 PM
I didn't know that, when Fire Fox puts a wiggly red line under a word ... that they ALSO provided options if you right click ... WOW ... all this time, I've just been trying DIFFERENT combinations till I hit it right! wow ...

this forum is just soooo informative ...

thanks ...
 SunnyBlueSkies23
Msg: 6
Spelling Issues
Posted: 8/28/2011 3:32:59 PM
{Some folks are just typo personalities} I couldn't agree more!
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 7
Spelling Issues
Posted: 8/28/2011 3:36:40 PM

The problem is spell check is american it doesn't like colour and has no honour. It can't spell correctly either.

The default setting is American, but you can change it to English.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Spelling Issues