Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Test #1 for Obama Supporters      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Metreau
Msg: 7
Test #1 for Obama SupportersPage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Question #1 on Oil
How does Obama plan to lower oil prices? and make gasoline more affordable.. and do you think his plan will work.. and how long will his plan take?

He plans to impose a 50% windfall profits tax on the oil companies, which is what I agree with. As much as folks consume gas nowadays, Exxon should easily recoup that.

Question #2 on Taxes
Is Obama proposing to raise any taxes? Has he sworn to not raise taxes? How does he feel about the previous tax cuts? Does he propose to raise taxes that you feel comfortable with?

As stated, Obama will roll back the tax cuts for the wealthy folks and cut them for the middle class folk. Why would he swear not to raise taxes if he's gonna hike them up on wealthy? Besides, it's been known that Obama disagrees with the tax cuts, as they obviously benefit the rich. And finally, Obama has proposed some necessary tax increases (don't know every last one as I haven't had time to read up on them), and AFAIK, those are taxes that help people like Obama(in the wealthy 1% bracket). To know that he plans to raise taxes on people like himself says enough right there.
 gentalltheway
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Test #1 for Obama Supporters
Posted: 6/28/2008 1:53:00 PM
Question # 1:
It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. All he has to do is to remove the threat of war and oil prices will come down by half within the first year alone and he knows it very well.

Also, he will have to support all States that are willing to force the automobile industry to produce zero emission cars (again) as they did in California in the 90’s until the federal government (bushie) decided to get involve to scrap the project by suing the State. Bushie didn’t want electric cars around…I wonder why???

I also believe that he should provide grants for groups working on different alternatives in regards to oil and protect them from any or all possibilities of either being bought out or forced to cease whatever they are doing because some groups (oil companies) will do anything possible to shut them down. There’s been plenty of fantastic ideas in the past 20 years and all just vanished once oil producers got involved.

Question # 2:
Forget all the election promises and bullshit. Someone will have to raise taxes to attack the debt created by the bushie league of terror. Anyone who thinks that he is a miracle worker is a complete fool. He will have a hell of a challenge to deal with and no matter how some may look at it, raising taxes is in part, a way to work on the main problem. People have to pay for electing such a dumbass government….TWICE!
 cotter
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 2:24:42 PM
"nefarious101" wrote ...
Since I'm one of the few....totally bi-partisan and completely open to both sides type person on these forums...I will take it and then it will give a good cross section of what the American people as a whole believe.
LMFAO .....

**OT** ...
I'll get back with you on my answers. First I have to stop laughing about the above post, gather my thoughts. Someone please tell nefarious to stop posting such funny stuff ... or I'll never be able to come up with my answers to the test.
 flyguy51
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/28/2008 2:50:48 PM
Question #1:

Saudi Arabia has already agreed to ramp up production. Add to that that the skyrocketing costs have essentially lowered demand significantly. Less demand=lowering prices. So, in the short term, gas will go down, or at least stabilize a little.

As for Obama, he will probably put tighter regulations on futures speculation, raise the minimum wage to increase the buying power of those hardest hit, and invest more heavily in alternative fuels. He will require automotive manufacturers to make more fuel-efficient vehicles. I'm not certain, but I think he's also for nuclear power. The way I see it, we are dying of emphezema, and everyone is complaining about the high cost of cigarettes. The US needs more long-term thinking.

Question #2:

Obama will raise income taxes on those making over $230K/year. For everyone below that, taxes will decrease. He will probably increase capital gains and estate taxes as well. Hopefully he will spend way less money on Iraq, no-bid contracts, and companies like Blackwater. His tax hikes and cuts/non-increases in war spending hopefully will help to pay down the debt, so that we don't have to borrow so much from China, print more money, and pay so much in interest on the debt. These things have contributed to the devaluation of the dollar, which has contributed to the high cost of gas. Full circle!
 MacKevinized
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 3:35:11 PM

Question #1 on Oil
How does Obama plan to lower oil prices? and make gasoline more affordable.. and do you think his plan will work.. and how long will his plan take?

Question #2 on Taxes
Is Obama proposing to raise any taxes? Has he sworn to not raise taxes? How does he feel about the previous tax cuts? Does he propose to raise taxes that you feel comfortable with?

Gee, how hard could that be?

#1. http://www.barackobama.com/issues/energy/

#2. http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/

If you really want to know, go read for yourself, but I hope you don't and keep making those erroneous assumptions you do, they're quite entertaining.

I figured it's more fun for you to get your information from the pundits rather than the candidates themselves, it makes for many of those 'blond moments'.
 PocoLoco44
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/28/2008 4:46:16 PM
Obamanomics does not understand how business works, he's never ran anything! this is why flip flops on everything he says! He has no clue how to drive oil prices down! he has no clue how to govern with respect to taxs, If you tax the rich the poor will pay the rich control the economy and pass those tax hikes regulation cost increases onto the little guy you and me! If he goes after big oil to take the so called wind fall profits big oil will simply pass the cost onto the consumer! That's economics 101.. most who support obama really have no clue what his agenda is because he doesn't really know him self, each day it changes.
 PocoLoco44
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/28/2008 7:39:57 PM
Ms.Glamour,

every question asked of him or his policies is framed as baiting...lol and when you point out the truth they have your post and you deleted..it's what they do!

He has no stance on anything yet promises everything, remember he speaks so well

Why he just makes me feel good all over....
I'm voting for Owhats his name because I believe everything he says what ever that is...
 designingwoman
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 8:58:42 PM
Yep, you get what you pay for! When taxes are cut then everything goes down the drain. Excellent research that makes a valuable point--the rich should pay their fair share, as should corporations. I am tired of people who think that low taxes is the most important thing of all. They fail to see the big picture and the role of taxation within our society. It's just outright unrealistic to expect things to run smoothly with overly low taxes. This Bushboy borrowing and spending must be kicked to the curb, and the rates that provide for better economic growth put back in place.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 3:48:58 PM

You failed to read the instructions..so you receive a "0" I asked for an interpretation in your own words not to be directed to a website. I made no assumptions so your comment is inappropriate.

Here I want back to the original instructions and read

I'm gathering this information so we can all become more informed on what Obama's plans are.. Some of us are undecided or unfamiliar with Obama's plans for the future related to my questions.

So admonishing me for misinterpreting your instructions means you didn't want real information..

If you want fodder for your admonishing. you need to be less shallow.

[quote[.. that's what I've been afraid of.. drilling now is so important to our future.. it's going to take decades to come up with an affordable alternative to fuel.. an alternative that we all can afford ..not just the rich Hollywood green elities environmentalists who can afford to buy hybrid cars.

No it isn't baiting at all.. I was asking people to think and give their interpretation on where Obama stands on 2 questions.. the more we know where candidates stand on issues the better empowered we become as voters. And if the candidate doesn't deliver.. we'll remember that at re-election./quote]

and this is a bait thread for you to toss your snipes at those you perceive as liberal.

I don't need to write an essay to say get your Obama information from his site if you want to know what it is.
 designingwoman
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 8:29:31 PM
Thank you Nighwing for your excellent post!! The government must step in to stop the likes of Enron, private health insurance companies and Big Oil from their greed. That golden era saw the likes of FDR, Truman, Ike, and Kennedy. Those presidents were fine leaders who moved our country forward. Even LBJ was pretty good. The neocon movement has been the downfall of our country, and we must vote out every single right wing flake right out of office. We progressives must stand together and work toward getting more honorable politicians in office who want to move this country forward. Barack Obama will be one of the greats like FDR through Kennedy. Hopefully we'll continue to see other greats afterwards to keep our country rolling and strong!

GO OBAMA!!
 faith2565
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 9:12:25 PM
Yes We Can, Yes We Can
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Test #1 for Obama Supporters