Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are there two extremes of internet dating.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Are there two extremes of internet dating.Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I dunno. I know they're out there, but I don't put up with the ones who want to keep emailing - eventually, I get bored, and suggest a meeting, or they just disappear. For the guys who suggest sex right away, I either don't reply or block them if they are being offensive, and don't even give them a second thought. So we might be encountering the same amount of either, but in my mind, I still feel like the majority of people I interact with from here are in the middle.
 superdrew
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Are there two extremes of internet dating.
Posted: 6/28/2008 10:15:50 PM
The two extremes I've experienced are a) reluctant to go out even after emailing for a month, or b) Read Delete.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/28/2008 10:55:03 PM
~OP~ I agree. Sad as it is. I guess you have to find someone that you really fit with if you choose this as the means to actually finding something you might be looking for. It takes a lot of patience, effort, time, etc. I do think the 'real world' might be easier if in a more populated area than where I am, but it's still tough ~ no matter what venue you choose. JMO
 clasact
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 6:54:51 AM
This whole process is an exteme.

You have to get used to the process, being that it's out of the norm really. Everyone has their own way(s) of dealing with how they decide who and when to meet. It's whatever you feel the most comfortable with doing.

There are some who want to email/IM you death for a very LONG time and have a fear of stepping out from behind the monitor. Those........you are better off without. Then there are those who want to meet after 2 emails. There has to be a happy medium somewhere.
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/29/2008 7:24:01 AM
yeah its really weird how i cna tlak to a girl and she will be so reluctant to go out with me. we like eachother why wait? We are not children talking to pedophiles we are all adults 18 and up looking for dates. And if you see soemoen and liek their picture or what they wrote or talked and you seem to like talking to eachother why not go out? Then I get the dates who are prudes becuase The previous guy was a jerk or they were not over their previous relationship. And then you got your 25-30 year old virgins who are scared of sex. I am like WTF? a virgin at their age?

Oh and not to mentiont he women whoa re not over their previous relationship or are not emotionally stable enough to get into one in the first place. Get your crap in order before you go on a dating site. Some of us actually want to be with someone.

I jsut say end the craziness go out , have a good time, have sex with eachother, use protection and don't cheat. no drama just fun. If you dont; like eachtoehr then don;t date. and don;t be afraid to give someone a chance if they reach out to you and are decent looking.w e cna;t all be super models. And some of you are slobs and need to take care of yourselves better.
 flyingiguana
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 4:01:01 PM
have the best of both worlds. one month of emails = sex
 URLOVEY
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 4:11:11 PM
I don't mind a months worth of emails, but if they are talking about marriage in the second email, yet still haven't mentioned a real date, I get annoyed.
Quick sex is easy, online or in the street.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 10:51:20 PM
Is it really just here? I think often you either aren't feeling it or you really click. If it is the latter, many people have the tendency to jump in with both feet because I guess there is a sense that there is a live one on the line and you better hurry up and grab them.

Many times in life things either seem to be feast or famine. You cannot get a date for months and suddenly you have a couple of people interested, or you go on numerous dates and while they are not bad, nothing really sparks your attention.

Patience and a healthy attitude are about the only things you need to have and eventually the right person crosses your path.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are there two extremes of internet dating.