Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Movie Recommendations - seen anything good lately?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 printerman7033
Msg: 2
Movie Recommendations - seen anything good lately?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
The Bucket List is a good one. Watched 10,000 B.C. over the weekend with my son. Nice action in it.
 Unfold
Msg: 3
Movie Recommendations - seen anything good lately?
Posted: 6/29/2008 12:49:14 PM
A friend recently gave me a great review of the comedy; Forgetting Sarah Marshall. It is in the dollar theater now so I would assume its on DVD or will be very shortly.

I intend to see it soon.
 amybbad*
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/29/2008 2:16:34 PM
Yes fold, my daughter gave me a good review on that one also. We recently saw The Strangers at the movie theater and it stinks...agreed by 2 adults and 2 teens. We may go see The Happening later tonight. Also Reign Over Me with Adam Sandler is on Cinemax. Not a normal Sandler movie and we found it by accident. Great movie if you are going through the guide and see it on.
 63how
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 5:03:14 PM
For a whacked out movie that I think is one of Josh Brolin's better performances, watch "No Country For Old Men". "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" is hilarious as well as "Ready to Rumble". "A Home of Our Own" with Kathy Bates is pretty interesting as well. burtorange.com has some reviews every once in awhile.
 John4EverYours
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/30/2008 6:57:28 AM
Wanted was pretty good, walle will make you LYAO.
 harleycwgrl74
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/30/2008 11:00:16 AM
Chuck and larry was great!

In the past month I have seen these NEW movies(remember I have a 12yr old):
Kung foo Panda
Wall-e
The Incredible Hulk

Kung foo panda was ok, not as good as the disney pixar films. It has some cute moments and a good moral to the story. I would reccomned it for younger children then my own.

Wall-e, I seen this as a double feature over the weekend at the drive in.... Disney ~ Pixar does it again!! This is a great movie, one that I would pay full price to see again. Adults and kids will be laughing out loud throughout the whole movie.

The incredible hulk, was the second feature after Wall-e. I thought the last hulk movie was horrible! This one was actually pretty good. Action and a story line that wasnt too far fetched. Even if you dont remember the series or have ever read the comic, you will enjoy this one! (there is even a cameo of the original hulk ~ for those of us old enough to remember!)
 DesertFox3
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 8:15:39 AM
Michael Moore's "Sicko"
 amybbad*
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/1/2008 8:36:12 AM
We also went to a double feature a couple nights ago...Cowboy, Cody and I. Iron Man was the first one and Incredible Hulk was the second. Incredible Hulk wasn't too bad, but it was kind of ruined for us because we saw Iron Man first. Now Iron Man was an excellent movie, we all loved it. Robert Downey Jr. does a fantastic job in this movie. It had drama, action, comedy and even a little bit of romance. I like a movie that does not get slow throughout the whole thing and keeps your interest...that was this one. And as an added bonus for us ladies, Downey is dirty, sexy hot plus kind of charming. Probably the best movie I have seen in the theaters so far this year.
 climbsagain
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/1/2008 6:19:53 PM
Movies on DVD . Good movies I watched this past 2 weeks. LITTLE ATHENS was very interesting. THE LOST CITY is also worth watching. Ladies you will like Andy Garcia in this film. Summer movies for the most part are just that. sad to think we are watching movies about comic book heros. Forgot to list BEOWULF. Enjoy!
 DesertFox3
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2008 6:42:07 AM
I seldom go to the theater, especially the first run movies.... $8 is just gotten too high.

LITTLE ATHENS was very interesting.

I have that on my 'to see' list, but can't find it at my local video store/library.... must have seen the previews because I noted it.
 tallman5000
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 12:49:42 PM
Hi Granny
I go to action type movies with my son (rayster43110). So far we have seen Indiana Jones, Ironman, a nd Hancock (aka drunken superman!!) If you like those kind of movies then you will not be disappointed in any of them.
I'll see Sex/City when I can get it at the library
Tallman
 climbsagain
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/21/2009 5:56:21 PM
Went to see " Taking Woodstock" which turned out to be entertaining. I recommend that all of the fish in the vast POF pond of love view the movie for a light evening of giggles and laughter.
 Kingrock Freezo
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2009 11:07:53 PM
inglourious basterds.... it will probably win an oscar

men of honor.... deniro and cuba gooding jr. were great.
 climbsagain
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/23/2009 3:47:12 AM
Kudos to Inglorious **stards. Perhaps not as good as Pulp Fiction. This movie will keep you guessing and is really very funny. Brad Pitt doing his Marlon Brandon act is the best Brad Pitt in years! Need to see!
 SpinachSalad
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/23/2009 10:07:28 AM
Since someone else brought up Mama Mia, I feel I need to chime in here. I have to admit that it was a pretty good movie, given the fact that it was created from a hodge-podge of songs written more than 20 years prior to the writing of the script. Pierce Brosnan singing was something that literally made me sit on the edge of my seat - in the "holy crapples, that voice is really coming out of his lips and it's a bit uncomfortable to watch and listen to" sort of way. I find it awesome that Meryl Streep was able to do all those dance moves at almost 60 years old. It was enjoyable enough to watch that I went out and purchased Abba Gold.

But don't tell anyone...our secret.
 wideband
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/24/2009 6:20:02 AM
I've heard from friends that District 9 is excellent just for it's allegorical take on Apartheid alone. I've seen Terminator: Salvation, Transformers, and Harry Potter this summer. Terminator and Transformers are worth watching if you want something that requires as very little thought as possible. In fact, I'm fairly convinced that Terminator actually discourages it. There are a few points in the movie where I was left actually wondering how anyone gets paid actual money to write something so stupid. Harry Potter was excellent but too much of the book was left out.
 wideband
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/24/2009 8:21:44 PM
Oh yeah, I saw the new Star Trek and enjoyed it, but not as much as I hoped. The cast was awesome and I definitely look forward to another one.
 SpinachSalad
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/25/2009 6:13:11 AM
Yes, I can't forget the new Star Trek movie. I have to admit that I'm a bit of a trekkie, so seeing potential origins of all the original characters was really great. Definitely exciting!
 Kingrock Freezo
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2009 8:29:17 AM
for those who just want to laugh for 2 hours.... watch ... the hangover.....
 e*Musing
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/25/2009 10:13:54 PM
Avoid "The Reader"...not one of Kate Winslett's or Jeremy Iron's best by a long shot. Shot too much like a bad documentary and frankly, I prefer the memory of Kate's naked body from Titanic rather than the frumpy frau she was portrayed to be in this flick.

carrriebear
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/30/2009 11:58:33 AM
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is great!!

I also saw the toy story and toy story 2 in 3-d and that was the best 4 hours I have spent in a very long time!!!

My boyfriend just saw Whip it and said that was a good as well....
 ~Lone Ranger~
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/18/2009 7:15:48 AM
I also saw District 9 Sat and give it two thumbs up-----someone will have to teach me thumbs up
 Classie Sassie
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/19/2009 11:38:35 AM
chappy I agree The proposal was awesome, it was good for males n females 2 c.
The Hangover, so so times were boring expected more. Going to see This Is It on 10/28 hope it is good, anyone else have tickets yet to see it?. Great forum
 wideband
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/21/2009 5:59:00 AM
I would strongly recommend AVOIDING the Nicholas Cage movie "Knowing". It was god awful.
 sleprok
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/22/2009 4:04:12 AM
i'am all for a good laugh ghost of girlfriends past
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Movie Recommendations - seen anything good lately?