Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > Younger men, Older woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TattooGrl4U
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Younger men, Older womanPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I just want to know what people think on the subject of, Older woman dateing younger men. I would also like to know the views on what guys think of this and the ladies out there. I know that alot of guys out there would think it is the coolest thing in the world to date a "couger" as they call it, or a MILF. But come on now, can you keep a relationship? And why is it that woman think that it is not right for a woman to date a younger man? I would like to hear everyones view on this.
 Ferruginous
Msg: 2
Younger men, Older woman
Posted: 7/5/2008 9:06:08 AM
Personally, I don't think there's really anything wrong with it, as long as the 2 people involved are happy with. (unless the "younger" man happens to be 13 or something

know that alot of guys out there would think it is the coolest thing in the world to date a "couger" as they call it, or a MILF. But come on now, can you keep a relationship?
Personally, from what I've noticed, a lot of the people involved in these types of relationships, (both young guys and old women), have no real intention ofmaintaining a lasting relationship.

My own personal experience with this site:
(I currently just keep my profile hidden most of the time, and don't try meeing anyone new).
But a couple years ago, when I 1st had a profile on this site, and did try getting to know new people through here, I almost never got contacted by a woman my own age or younger. But I got regular emails from women about a decade older than me.
From that experience, I get the impression that there is a large number of women on this site in the "mid-life crisis" stage of their lives. After having children young, and spending their 20s and 30s being married with kids, they reached their 40s, got bored with their marriage, and decided they'd start contacting younger men on the internet.

I did make friends with a couple of the women from that age group, but I usually ignored most of the messages I got from that age group.
I got the impression that most weren't looking for anything, other than a meaningless fling with a guy 10 years younger to boost their self-esteem as they dealt with menopause.
I suppose that if a guy was looking for some short-term "cougar action" for a quick thrill, it would be a perfect situation for him. But if a guy is actually hoping to find a sincere relationship, he'd likely have better luck with women closer to his own age.

I do realise that doesn't apply to every single woman of that age group. But I do believe it applies to a majority of them.
 supermom1955
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Younger men, Older woman
Posted: 7/9/2008 7:14:57 AM
I don't think there is anything wrong with an older women in a relationship with a younger man. I knew a guy who married a women 20 years older then himself and they are still happily married. I have basically always have dated younger men by a couple of years younger then myself and have alway found they treat me with more respect then the older ones. All the guys my age or older I have found seem to not want to do much in way of entertainment etc and don't have much energy lol. Younger guys have that energy and can keep an older women feeling young sexy and wanted for more then just sex.

Right now I am in relationship with a very caring man who is a decade and a half younger then myself and he treats me as his equal as I do him. We love each other dearly and have been together for the past year and everything is great between us. It started out as a long distance relationship but has now come full bloom as we are together now. Where it goes from here is that we are both wanting a life together forever but neither one of us knows exactly if that will happen as you never know what the future holds for either one of us be it a separation, death etc, but we would always remember and cherish each other and the love we shared.

And NO ferruginous it is not a"mid-life crisis" or "to boost my self-esteem". I was over my mid-life crisis and have loads of self-esteem so I don't need a younger man to help me with that. As a matter of fact I find that guys my age or older can destroy a women's self-esteem if a women lets them. Then again men also go through mid-life crises and choose to be with a women a decade or two younger then themselves and no one thinks that is wrong for a guy to date a much younger women.

I give a thumbs up to all those older women and younger men who are dating or in a relationship even if it doesnt last. It shows that now-a-days they can be open and honest about it and not be ashamed and have to hide it.
 Gwynforu
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Younger men, Older woman
Posted: 8/20/2008 12:51:13 PM
I think age should not be a factor. Why label people with age or anything for that matter? If we are hoping to connect on a deeper, spiritual level then labels should be discarded.
 jeeperspeepers
Msg: 5
Younger men, Older woman
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:06:21 AM
I have been approached by younger men for some time now. I was never comfortable with dating anyone more than a couple years younger than myself. However, more recently I am beginning to accept the fact that there are men as much as 15 years younger than me that are very interested in me, and I find them charming, intelligent, attractive, etc. I have only dated one person much younger than me, so far, but because I look and act younger than my age, younger men are starting to appeal to me. I have found that some men just prefer more mature women. They tell me they have always dated women older than themselves.
Is this true or am I being fed a line of bull?
 buzzjava
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Younger men, Older woman
Posted: 9/24/2008 5:08:08 PM
AS a "young guy" no i don't think it's a problem.

I as well try to go for older people. why

I have a good job and moving a head in my life

most females my age, can not say the same

hell i don't know any one my own age that has a passport.
 sk1960
Msg: 7
Younger men, Older woman
Posted: 9/27/2008 5:32:34 PM
Ok - so I've never done it.... but have to admit guys my age for the most part - are pretty sendentary.... but what difference are we talking here? I am 48 - how young is too young? I know that if they are close to my kids ages -25.... then it is way too young.... at least for me... as to type of relationships - hate the "cougar" word - really hate seeing "milf"..... if age is not the issue then why use those words....

Confused here.... looking for some answers...
 Laniru
Msg: 8
Younger men, Older woman
Posted: 12/30/2008 3:14:18 PM
I like older women, less issues.
 mystuff00
Msg: 9
Younger men, Older woman
Posted: 2/27/2011 7:47:07 AM
well I enjoy dating younger men and not because it has anything to do with my midlife crisis or menopause, they just tend to look after themselves better and dont have all the baggage and hangups that divorced older men do. They are more fun.
However, my experience is that these younger men tended to whine and complain more and lacked the social manners that the older men have. It is really a turn off when the man complains how much it cost for the date. But this can apply to both groups.
I dont think you would know what a woman was all about anyway and perhaps that is why you cant get a date.
 a_lonewolf
Msg: 10
Younger men, Older woman
Posted: 7/15/2011 10:36:07 PM

I don't know what to say.

You could pinch their cheeks and say "oh you're so cuuuuute!"

I don't know, I'm at the age that if I message older ladies, I get the cheek pinch thing, or if I message younger ladies, I get the creepy guy thing. fml

Jayne0927
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Younger men, Older woman
Posted: 11/17/2011 4:38:30 PM
While I admire older men for their power, knowledge and he ability to make you happy in other ways, there is nothing NOTHING like a younger man. This is something new to me. I don't know why (my profile is very innocent), but I get messages from younger guys, much younger guys, and they are hot!

I was very trepidicious at first, but once I met my first young man it was like nothing I've ever experienced (I was very oppressed in my young years). Just the feeling of abandon, touching a hard body and have him so interested in mine. It went on and without going into detail, I was most satisfied.

Only once after that did I meet someone younger, though he lied about his age by 10 yrs., we met, had dinner, a nice conversation and, well, oral sex prevailed. I was not ready to have intercourse with him. Since I have seen him and the sex was FANTASTIC!

I just can't imagine me going back to an older man with a big belly, medical problems and erectile disfunction.
 Jayne0927
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Younger men, Older woman
Posted: 11/17/2011 4:47:55 PM
While I admire older men for their power, knowledge and he ability to make you happy in other ways, there is nothing NOTHING like a younger man. This is something new to me. I don't know why (my profile is very innocent), but I get messages from younger guys, much younger guys, and they are hot!

I was very trepidicious at first, but once I met my first young man it was like nothing I've ever experienced (I was very oppressed in my young years). Just the feeling of abandon, touching a hard body and have him so interested in mine. It went on and without going into detail, I was most satisfied.

Only once after that did I meet someone younger, though he lied about his age by 10 yrs., we met, had dinner, a nice conversation and, well, oral sex prevailed. I was not ready to have intercourse with him. Since I have seen him and the sex was FANTASTIC!

I just can't imagine me going back to an older man with a big belly, medical problems and erectile disfunction.
 Jayne0927
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Younger men, Older woman
Posted: 11/17/2011 6:39:18 PM
I believe I already posted this, but was a no-go. I have always been with men a few yeard older than me. Has worked for 47 yrs. Always a one-man woman. But since we have separated and I am "free" so to speak, I find I have had many younger men e-mailing me. I mean - young. At first I was kind of apprehensive, but as time went by, I thought I'd give it a try.

Scroll down if you don't want to hear the outcome . . . . Daniel was 26 yrs. old. A very nice person, who spoke Russian and didn't mind being with an older woman - ahem, ya I know. Without going into any detail, he was the best sexual experience I have ever had. Older women, don't turn them down. They may not have things in common with you and politics may NEVER be discussed, but the sex is out of this world!!!!
 Justatrubblemakr
Msg: 14
Younger men, Older woman
Posted: 11/24/2011 12:37:20 PM
well a younger man chasin a 60 yr old woman must have issues, just as u claimed not willing to go back to old men and their age related issues, what interest would there be for a young man ? wrinkles, dryness, flaky skin varicose veins etc are merely a few issues the aged woman would bring in, other than them not being able to reproduce and perhaops having money and be a sugar mama which is fine , i dont know how often the young 20 yr old will be bringing grandma out to visit mom and dad lol
 for-fun
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Younger men, Older woman
Posted: 11/27/2011 7:45:45 AM
I dont see a problem with it as long as there is a maturitylevel between the two people. I dated someone that was 10 years younger then me but realized that we did not last as the maturity level was different. Just my thoughts
 lornadb
Msg: 16
Younger men, Older woman
Posted: 1/19/2012 4:41:09 PM
Personally I dont understand why men younger than my children contact me or what they would see .. I wouldnt want to have a relationship or anything with someone i could consider my father .. that seems nasty.. But on the same hand each to their own i want something more in my relationship than just sex one can get that anywhere and its a dangerous game to play.. In my day sex couldnt kill it can now.. But I do however wonder why men label women for doing the same thing they themselves are doing .. but this has been the way it has always been.. I went out for a drink with my son and was called a cougar.. how awful for my son to hear.. in fact he set the person straight but why should he have had too.. I was doing nothing but having a drink with my son.. pretty sad that women have to deal with this throughout their lives ..high time society grew up .. young a girl is a slut and i guy is a stud ,older hes still a stud and a lady is a cougar ..maybe time people grew up
 FabioCiccone
Msg: 17
Younger men, Older woman
Posted: 5/30/2012 1:38:47 AM
You have A Cougaress that is Working the truth That women have a right to date who they want,she is orig; Sask

Our Past and Future
The Cougar or its Latin name, Femina Magnus, is defined as a 40-plus woman who enjoys the company of significantly younger men and who looks younger than her age. I challenge to find a woman among us who that doesn’t appeal to. The origin of the term itself isn’t clear; however, the popularity of the label appears to come from the 2001 book called Cougar: A Guide for Older Women Dating Younger Men, authored by Toronto Sun columnist Valerie Gibson.

Times have changed and we as women have not only changed with them but have been a large reason for this change. We not only have the opportunity to be strong and independent, if we so choose to be, we are a force to be reckoned with in both the political and business arenas. Along with these changes in the political and financial areas, we as women have also begun to change attitudes about sex, including what is the acceptable ages of our partners. Hence the dawn of the Cougar era. Hollywood itself has recognized the power of the Cougar and created numerous shows about older women dating younger men.

With all that said, for as far as we’ve come we still have lengths to go. Back in 2010 Carnival Cruise Lines dropped it’s second annual “Cougar Cruise” even though the inaugural event drew more than 300 men and women. That year Google even banned a cougar dating site from its content pages and yet has numerous sites for older men and younger women.

CougarMeow.com is here to help build upon our successes while breaking down other barriers and creating a fun place where Cougars and Cubs can meet and share their thoughts, desires and lead by example.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on what it is to be a Cougar (or a Cub). Share any of your great experiences or ones where you have witnessed a negative backlash. As we talk about these stories, we will realize that we aren’t alone in this and be able to find new ways to continue breaking down societal stereotypes.
www.cougarmeow.com/Cougarmeow_club/
Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > Younger men, Older woman