Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Green tea .....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 satx78218
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Green tea .....Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
http://search.ebay.com/matcha-organic-powder_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40
 SpiceyCougar
Msg: 3
Green tea .....
Posted: 6/30/2008 11:17:19 AM
Try loose leaf green tea instead. It will give a better flavor actually.

Any tea specialty shop will have it or even online. They may also have several recipes for tea drinks.

If you have a Whole Foods or World Market... even Trader Joes. All of them have loose leaf teas.

My weakness is Lavender Tea Lattes from a local tea salon.
 satx78218
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Green tea .....
Posted: 6/30/2008 3:15:16 PM
This is a joke, right?

if not, brew loose tea just like bagged tea.
 SpiceyCougar
Msg: 6
Green tea .....
Posted: 6/30/2008 4:13:23 PM

How would you use "loose leaf" green tea? Just add it to milk... ?? wouldn't i have to brew it first? Sorry if I sound crazy, just no experience w. loose leaf.

No no... it's not crazy. Nor is asking for help when you need it. It's cool, really :)

Yes, you would brew it. You can find metal infusers or some chinese tea pots come with a small infuser.

You want to put the loose leaf into the infuser. Put simmering water (never use boiling water for green tea. It makes it bitter). A chinese proverb that I follow says that your water should look like it has fish eyes in it. That is how you know it's ready. Let the leaves brew for about 4 mins (depending on the quality of the tea).

THEN add it to the milk or the milk to it.

P.S. Ever thought of getting plain protien powder to put into it? That may help with the other issue you've had.
 SpiceyCougar
Msg: 8
Green tea .....
Posted: 6/30/2008 8:48:29 PM

So im quessing u make the tea like regular hot tea and add milk and then pour over ice.

Yeap!!!

So perhaps I could just use my mango tea.... flavorless protein powder....skim milk... and poor over ice.

Absolutely! Or any tea you like actually. Mango is very refreshing. Mint is a GREAT tea for summer and it helps with cramps.

You could even add vanilla protein powder to make it more latte like.

Once you start learning what you can do with tea, you're going to want to start experimenting all sorts of ways. ALSO... once you get the hang of loose leaf green, oolong, black, or chai tea.... you will actually turn your nose up at Starbucks.

Might I also suggest looking for a Bubble Tea place around you? *I* hate the tapioka pearls, but if you like iced milk tea, you just may fall in love with these.
 trance__dreamer
Msg: 9
Green tea .....
Posted: 7/1/2008 10:42:00 AM
where i live, there are lots of asian supermarkets, which have an abundance of teas!

however, i don't really enjoy drinking tea. i just drink green tea in the winter (sometimes) for the supposed health benefits. =P
 SpiceyCougar
Msg: 11
Green tea .....
Posted: 7/1/2008 3:44:56 PM
I am to tea the way lots of people are to wine. Always trying different ones and learning what I can about it.

I do not drink pop, haven't for years (unless it has vodka in it, but that too is rare)... and rarely drink dairy milk. Have stopped buying it for my house. So the tea is kind of a guilty treat. Only, it's more guilty when I add honey Which, is a whole other passion of mine.
 satx78218
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Green tea .....
Posted: 7/1/2008 5:25:44 PM
Green tea, is an amazingly, multiply powerful and healthful drink.

google "green tea" and "ecgc"

One recent report showed that adding lemon juice to green tea, aka lemon tea, greatly increased the uptake of green tea's phyto-chemicals. Rather than junk it up with all kinds of fake stuff and sweetness, learn to appreciate simply tea + lemon.

Green tea contains caffeine, another amazing plant chemical.

After a strenuous workout where glycogen is depleted, taking caffeine with carbs after the work greatly increased, up to 4 hours later, the speed and completeness of restoration of muscular glycogen.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/07/080701083456.htm
 satx78218
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Green tea .....
Posted: 7/30/2008 12:16:31 PM
Boil water (not the tea), then put the tea into the water and cover it up with insulating towel.

Drink in 5 minutes or so. Making tea is so hard to figure out, huh?

And don't forget the fresh-squeezed lemon juice, into the cup, not the pot of tea.
 tjrogelio
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Green tea .....
Posted: 7/30/2008 12:44:14 PM
Actually satx, there is a difference when it comes to green tea as compared to other teas. First bring water to a boil, then take the water from the burner, and let sit for a couple of seconds. Do not pour boiling water over green tea leaves, and once you do, do not cover. Only let the tea steep for a couple of minutes or so. If you let it steep too long, green tea tends to become very bitter.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 18
Green tea .....
Posted: 5/12/2011 1:06:27 PM

Green tea contains caffeine, another amazing plant chemical.

^^Not all teas; right? I just had some (my 2nd cup today EVER) and it states decaf on the packaging. Now I'm confused.

I've never been a lover of tea of any kind (hot or cold). However, they state that green tea is good for you, so I'm giving it a shot. It's not as bad as the first time I drank it. So maybe there is hope for me afterall!
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 19
Green tea .....
Posted: 5/14/2011 5:23:14 AM
Milk or dairy block many of the health benefits of tea.
Don't steep to long..

Add a peppermint leaf or grated orange zest for some summer flavor.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Green tea .....
Posted: 5/15/2011 6:29:09 PM
Green Tea helps melt body fat. Very good antioxidants. Also V8. Great antioxidants. I know, you ladies don't understand why men love V8. It's all in the juice.
 GirlyMuscle
Msg: 21
Green tea .....
Posted: 5/17/2011 8:30:09 AM
V8? Yeah okay, sodium city. Good grief. Hot tea plain ( Ginger & Green taste good to me ) & water is the way to go. Burning fat is a result of what we eat. Protein and hard work. Mainly diet.
 _xxxxxxxxx_
Msg: 22
Green tea .....
Posted: 5/17/2011 9:21:24 AM

It's all in the juice.

yes, if i want half my daily limit of carbs in a glass of bile that spikes the blood sugars

"V8 contains 10 grams of carbohydrates per 8-ounce serving"

Good grief. Hot tea plain ( Ginger & Green taste good to me ) & water is the way to go.

^ huzzah!!
 UnixGrand
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Green tea .....
Posted: 5/17/2011 5:30:59 PM
They sell V8 [Low Sodium]. For women, it may be more carbs then your able to have in a day..... but men need more carbs. My BMI is now at 4%. Not bad for someone who drinks low sodium V8, and Green Tea [Diet].
 GirlyMuscle
Msg: 24
Green tea .....
Posted: 5/17/2011 5:46:24 PM
4% my azz. Sorry dude, impossible . At least with the photos you show now....LMFAO Holy crap. And yes v* makes a low sodium...now ya bring it up? Like the ab coaster, etc? Get real. BMI or body fat??? You are not at 4% either way. LOL And it is not an issue of men needing more carbs vs women. WTF????? LMAO
 UnixGrand
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Green tea .....
Posted: 5/17/2011 5:53:06 PM
I see a control freak. Bang Bang.... ;) BTW... lay off the steroids. Try doing it naturally.
 GirlyMuscle
Msg: 26
Green tea .....
Posted: 5/17/2011 5:56:54 PM
Oh wow calling me a steroid user. yeah, okay. Come up with something better Mr Ab Coaster. Go suck down more sodium & sugar to sport that so called 4% BMI. LOL
 _xxxxxxxxx_
Msg: 27
Green tea .....
Posted: 5/17/2011 6:06:42 PM
They sell V8 [Low Sodium]. For women, it may be more carbs then your able to have in a day..... but men need more carbs. My BMI is now at 4%. Not bad for someone who drinks low sodium V8, and Green Tea [Diet].

one too many v8 cans to the cranium methinks . .

dewd, sodium isn't the enemy, sugar is
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 28
Green tea .....
Posted: 5/17/2011 6:22:37 PM

My BMI is now at 4%

4%?

Are you talking BMI - Body Mass Index ?

Because saying it is 4% makes no sense.

Now if you are talking about Body fat that would make more sense ofter than the fact if you where at 4% you would probably be dead so either way color me confused.
 satx78218
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Green tea .....
Posted: 5/20/2011 3:56:01 AM
Green tea as "fat burner" is a scam. You can't increase your basal metabolism enough and/or long enough to burn significant calories.

The only reliable way to lose significant fat is a caloric deficit.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 30
Green tea .....
Posted: 5/27/2011 7:45:50 PM
Milk or dairy block many of the health benefits of tea.

Yup...in fact mixing dairy with any antioxodant decreases the value of the antioxident.

Love all types of tea...bagged, loose...it's great.

I have never heard anyone who knows good nutrition say to drink a v8 (or any processed shelf stable food). I thought anyone who knows nutrition would know you want you antioxidants direct from the source, not processed to be able to sit on a shelf for months on end and not go bad. The fact it CAN sit on a shelf for months and not 'go bad' should be a good indication that those fruits and veggies in there are accompanied by preservatives and chemicles. Eat real fruit and veggies man!

However I guess if the choice was strictly between soda and a v8, I guess Id choose the v8.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 31
Green tea .....
Posted: 5/28/2011 4:32:22 AM

but men need more carbs.

^^^^^^^^^^WTH????????? OMG.

You do mean protein I would hope assuming most men have more muscle to feed than the average woman of the same age/height.

Exceptions to the rule exist of course.

My BMI is now at 4%.

YOU'RE DEAD..............

Do you even know what body mass index is?

Op drink your green tea with milk or cream.
I suggest you don't as I said on page one ..It will interfere with the health benefits of green tea.
Put it in coffee instead..try some coconut oil.

Some people will never GET it.

You want to lose fat..Change what you eat.

Hmmm...If you're 6 feet tall and have a BMI of 4 that would mean that your current weight is 29.5 pounds.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Maybe that's brain weight? LOL
 UnixGrand
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Green tea .....
Posted: 5/29/2011 11:07:44 AM
The number was 7.4 , and it was BFI. I was not able to edit the post once I hit enter. Everyone makes typo's, except for the PERFECTOS. Excuse me.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Green tea .....