Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > WATER has MEMORY ! ! !      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 1
WATER has MEMORY ! ! ! Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Dr Massaru Emotto is a Japanese researcher who began investigating the properties of water from different locations on earth to discover how it is effected by various conditions. In 1991, he and his staff began freezing water samples and observing the resultant ice crystals under a microscope. He published the results of his work in several books, one of which is MESSAGE from WAter. He was able to photograph and demonstrate how pollution affects the health of water. This in itself is not too surprising. However, the astounding discovery he made was that water picks up the consciousness of people arond it, it has capacity for memory.

Pure natual water, when frozen, has beautiful and completely formed ice crystals similar to those of a snowflake. As it becomes polluted, the ice crystals become increasingly deformed and fractured. They look unhealthy. Dr Emoto found that enviromental pollution is not the only thing that affects the structue of water. He has PROVEN, through THOUSANDS of photographs, that words spoken to water, or even writte and placed on a water container, clearly change the structure of the water as reflected by the ice crystals formed from it. Harsh words like "YOU FOOL" or, "YOU MAKE ME SICK" or, "I will KILL YOU" render the ice crystals incapable of forming in an organized manner. On the other hand, positive uplifting words such as "LOVE" and "THANK YOU" result in crystals as beautiful as the finest pieces of jewlery. Opposite words such as "ANGEL" and "DEVIL", "SOUL" and "DEMON", "LETS DO IT" and "DO IT" Showed the same results of organization versus disorganization. Similarly, sounds from different music selections of folk and classical versus heavy metal did the same.

The researchers then experimented with prayer. Water that was spoken to consciously in prayer, blessing, or appreciation invariably resulted in organized, healthy and alive looking ice crystals. Is it any wonder that most religions of the world have practises of blessing their food before eating it? We may have thought of this as simply a religious ritual, but the positive effects of giving thanks and blessing food(expressing love to it) are now clearly obserable from a scientific viewpoint. It is also explains why plants that are spoken to with words of love, encouragement, and appreciation, grow better.

Since our own bodies are about 70 to 75% water, and the air aruond us contains water vapour, this would mean that our thoughts and words determine the quality of the water molecules making up our bodies, food and air. The emotions we choose to have and to express, plus those of others around us, are picked up by water molecules and become part of us for etiher harmony or disharmony, psychologically and pysiologically.

As Dr Emoto put it, "Water is a mirror reflecting our minds." Its takes on the consciousness of individuals as well as that of groups around it, and ultimately, that of the world population. As we ingest the resulting waters through eating, drinking, and breathing we are affected either positively or negatively.

What we learn from Dr Emoto's Work.

- Our thoughts, words(sounds), colour and emotions have an influence on water.

- Love and graditude are the emotions that cause water to structure itself most perfectly.

- Love is more than a sweet feeling, it is energy, and it is the ultimate creative power
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 2
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/1/2008 7:01:16 AM
http://www.masaru-emoto.net/english/ephoto.html

here is a picture of the ice crystals.

its very beautiful and a new one will be posted every month.

https://www.hado.net/watercrystals/index.php

if you hold cursor over picture as it comes up it will tell what what the meaning of the crysals are..like if it was from war or love etc....
 Green Sangha
Msg: 3
view profile
History
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/2/2008 10:11:32 AM
I've read about Dr. Emoto's work. I've always believed that thoughts do interact with reality in the form of a morphic field which creates causal links. It makes me rethink the negative energy I put out toward people I disagree with, like Bush. It also reaffirms a Buddhist philosophy that encourages us to approach life with mindfulness and loving-kindness. I wonder if the increasing chaos and violence in the world is partly fueled by those who feed it purposefully (Bush, et al) and by those of us who oppose what we see from a spirit of disharmony and anger. I haven't been able to shift out of this paradigm yet, but I am trying. The images of the water crystals being affected by thoughts and written words is a powerful message to us all to be mindful of how we use our energy in the world. I think I'll pause and bless the cup of tea I am drinking now!
 desertrhino
Msg: 4
view profile
History
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/4/2008 1:03:11 AM
Can't be duplicated. It's therefore just an amusing fraud.

Have a nice day.
 Jiperly
Msg: 5
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/4/2008 4:41:21 AM
>>>He has PROVEN, through THOUSANDS of photographs, that words spoken to water, or even writte and placed on a water container, clearly change the structure of the water as reflected by the ice crystals formed from it. Harsh words like "YOU FOOL" or, "YOU MAKE ME SICK" or, "I will KILL YOU" render the ice crystals incapable of forming in an organized manner. On the other hand, positive uplifting words such as "LOVE" and "THANK YOU" result in crystals as beautiful as the finest pieces of jewlery. Opposite words such as "ANGEL" and "DEVIL", "SOUL" and "DEMON", "LETS DO IT" and "DO IT" Showed the same results of organization versus disorganization. Similarly, sounds from different music selections of folk and classical versus heavy metal did the same.

Doesn't that imply that water understands and reacts to the English language? How is it that water can show an understanding of a human construct? And if I wrote "Dirty" on 20 jars of ice, shouldn't all the jars be identical in shape and structure?
 d0rene
Msg: 6
view profile
History
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/4/2008 11:33:38 AM
Fantastic book, kind of erases the old rhyme of "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." Yes, they will. Anyone who has ever had someone pin a negative label on them knows that. Once someone really sticks a label on you, you have to fight to keep from living up to it.
 ~Serendipity
Msg: 7
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/4/2008 3:23:21 PM

Can't be duplicated. It's therefore just an amusing fraud.
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 8
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/4/2008 11:31:37 PM
The Thing you have to keep in mind, is that its not the words that the water comes to understand but the feeling, emotions and energy we give off with those kind of expressions. I mean there is alot of energy in hate and anger. There is good energy with postiive words and love, affection. If you really think about it alot of people bless the food before they and and bless the water, call if HOLY water.

If you have come to understand anything about physics then you would know that we are energy. Every about us is energy. SO with our energy we effect pretty much everything around us.
 Is too hot
Msg: 9
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/5/2008 3:35:05 AM
This is absolute fluff. Not only can it not be replicated, it can be proven false and has been many times. The effect of impurities on crystalization has been known for a long time now. We use this phenomenon when we pour salt on ice and snow to melt it. The water is not reacting to a stimulus, merely following the laws of physics.

This thread is full of new-agey incorrect views of physics. All I can say to those people is open a book. No, wait, open a physics book, not a water memory book. What a pile!
 desertrhino
Msg: 10
view profile
History
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/5/2008 7:26:03 AM

As shocked as I was, this guy has published his results in a peer-reviewed journal.

While Explore *is* a peer-reviewed journal ON PAPER, it's only because they've "dumbed-down" the pool of what they consider "peer." It's not actually reviewed critically or scientifically by physicians or scientists, it's reviewed by New Age Healers and such. Not that there's anything wrong with New Age Healers, it's just that none of them are physicians or scientists in an accredited field, etc... I wouldn't expect any mainstream physicians to be publishing their research in that particular journal.

The "research" is not critically reviewed, and again, can't be duplicated; hence, it's just an amusing fraud.
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 11
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/7/2008 9:02:58 AM

peer-reviewed journal I'm asking for a credible source

Ok to be honest im not even sure if there is one out there that has not been effected by some kind of money cash flow by some company that only wants to see positive comments about the products they deem to be good for humanity.

Take for example the FDA who is in the pocket of the big pharma companies. All the peer reviewed magazines or whatever else having to do with peer reviews or a Dr who put up their rep for money so then they give postive feedback for any pill being pushed leaving out all negative side effect giving only a few minor ones.

Now really who is to say what is credible when most of the respectable companies you rely on for approvals are only giving positive light on products being paid for. Now there is alot of evidence you see all kinds of articles about ties with Pharma and FDA. Even your Govt is being paid to passed in order to push more pills down your throat because they care.
 Is too hot
Msg: 12
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/7/2008 10:52:14 PM

Take for example the FDA who is in the pocket of the big pharma companies.

Serious accusation. I'm sure you have the evidence to back it up. Care to share?

All the peer reviewed magazines or whatever else having to do with peer reviews or a Dr who put up their rep for money so then they give postive feedback for any pill being pushed leaving out all negative side effect giving only a few minor ones.

Now, that's pretty funny. Not only is that a Federal felony but it's also grounds for malpractice and license cancellation. Would you care to name names? Did you also know that many science journals have blinded peer review so that the reviewer does not know the author? You sure are one funny fella! Anyone who doesn't know you would think that you are irresponsible and ignorant for making these types of accusation but you and I know better, right?

Now there is alot of evidence you see all kinds of articles about ties with Pharma and FDA. Even your Govt is being paid to passed in order to push more pills down your throat because they care.

More funny stuff! Please stop! Articles but no prosecutions? I wonder why that is? Could it be that you're either misunderstanding the articles or the pulp you read is reporting irresponsibly?

For Ed's sake, why would the FDA talk to the people it's regulating anyway? That's not right! Regulators and industry should communicate only with shadow puppets.

Please keep posting this stuff. Laughter is the best medicine!
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 13
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/8/2008 5:43:45 AM
Ok well all you have to do is look, its not that hard. Unless of course you like living under rose coloured glasses. If the FDA truly cared about people then they would not pass thru the drugs they do on a regular basis or allow them to do direct to consumer marketing. They do alot of scare tactics on products and the peer reviewed Bs is paid for by them.

Sure i can state that allllllll day. They pay Dr and who ever else they have to buy off in order to sell the pills they are pushing at that time. Look at the link i have from the start of this post.

I could find a hell of alot more but why bother you wont be satisfied either.

This all breaks down to Money, you cannot process anyone who is worth Billions of dollars and if you do not realize this fact then you will forever walk around like the world everything is peachy and there is never war to make more money for the banks.

Here is the topic

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts10347243.aspx
 quietcowboy
Msg: 14
view profile
History
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/8/2008 6:21:36 AM
Ok well all you have to do is look, its not that hard. Unless of course you like living under rose coloured glasses. If the FDA truly cared about people then they would not pass thru the drugs they do on a regular basis or allow them to do direct to consumer marketing. They do alot of scare tactics on products and the peer reviewed Bs is paid for by them.

If you think FDA regulation process is flawed, take a walk in to your local "health store". Totally unregulated. Long as its "natural", they can promise anything(with no science to back up their claims), damn the side effects(its natural so there can't be any right?).

FDA approval process is lengthy, but not perfect. Most drugs never make to market because they fail during the FDA approved trials. Nobody wants to get drugs approve that cause harm, but it happens from time to time mainly due to the fact that there can be a wide range of reaction to a drug. Drug companies wine and dine doctors for the opportunity to educate them about their drugs. Most doctors work long hours and struggle to keep up with advancements in their field, so drug companies are competing with what little free time that the doctors have to sell them on their products.

I'm so sick of reading about the evils of corporations, government, and scientist that I could scream. Corporations anymore are mainly public own. Heads of corporation & government change constantly. They have families and friends just like anybody else and like anybody else their motives and ethics are much the same as anybody else. The first day of their new job they don't change into the capitalist that are portrayed in fiction.
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 15
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/8/2008 8:36:47 AM
Ok well do you realize that your body is electric and absolutely NO PILL they make that is synthetic will ever cure anything besides dsitracting your body from the pain. NOthing that is made to cure anything only deal with the symptoms of the disease. The word DIS-EASE is made for a reason, your body is at Dis - Ease. Your body needs live fresh foods or at least foods that come from live organic foods that are able to active the bodies immune system or white blood cells in order to fight off anything that would pose a threat to your bodies survival.

If you know ANYTHING about human body you will know we are made up of ATOMS AND MOLECULES. The physics of our bodies are ENERGY. WE RUN OFF IT as our spine run signals up and down your spin to your brain. Now the pills they push on you do nothing other then cause your body to use resources it has stored in order to get rid posion you put in your body.

If you really believe the Govt and FDA and who ever else is making money off ignorance and misinformation then go right a head and swallow as much of those pills as you can by all means its the saviour of our lifetime this is why 100s of 1000s of people die as a result of the WONDERFUL and beautiful science the FDA spins out. Why natural supplements killed less then bee stings a year or even with in the last 5years.

Have a wonderful day :D

E-BOOK

http://books.google.ca/books?id=4idMNpe04qgC&pg=PA11&lpg=PA11&dq=Human+body+ATOMS+AND+MOLECULES+energy&source=web&ots=jyg8AE7SEU&sig=tZX7ARgCPl01a9srbU70wz2ZB3c&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result

http://www.emc.maricopa.edu/faculty/farabee/BIOBK/BioBookCHEM1.html
 quietcowboy
Msg: 16
view profile
History
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/8/2008 10:20:30 AM

If you really believe the Govt and FDA and who ever else is making money off ignorance and misinformation then go right a head and swallow as much of those pills as you can by all means its the saviour of our lifetime this is why 100s of 1000s of people die as a result of the WONDERFUL and beautiful science the FDA spins out. Why natural supplements killed less then bee stings a year or even with in the last 5years.

More damn the man stuff

I'm guessing you don't have a shred of proof for any of this, or at least a shred of proof that is the result of controlled studies such as those regulated by the FDA. I'm also betting that if you have cancer, std, deadly infection, etc and your doctor sends you to a health store for a miracle cure, you will immediately get another doctor.
 d0rene
Msg: 17
view profile
History
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/8/2008 7:45:43 PM
It all boils down to what you choose to believe. Whether you choose to place your faith in science and chemical based pharmacology, or whether you choose to believe the spirit is stronger than physical. Even science knows about the placebo effect of a sugar pill.

I choose to believe that intention and words have an effect on their environment. The negativity that is spoken or shown on TV and in society tends to get reflected back and magnifies in a continuing cycle - the opposite is also true. Speaking positively and giving encouragement brings back the same. YOU FIND WHAT YOU LOOK FOR.

As for the FDA and the government: Drug patents, taxes paid on sales, taxes paid for services, the immensity of the American insurance and health care coverage that trumpets major miracles of how injecting one chemical into this test tube (patient) can cause this chemical reaction that tends to snowball because of side effects when they take another drug to counteract the effects of the drug they are taking for this. Hippocrates first rule, "Do no harm," seems to have fallen by the wayside.
 Is too hot
Msg: 18
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/8/2008 9:25:03 PM

Ok well do you realize that your body is electric

You have a very fundamental misunderstanding of matter, young man. Your links took me to two chemstry sites. The body is not electric. Matter is made of more than electrons. Pound for pound, you have more neutrons and protons in you than electrons. Even the bonding that you posted about is not electric. It's electronic. Look it up.

You really either need to listen better in science class or go back to school. You misunderstood those lessons.

Modern science has people living longer adn healthier lives. Your ignorance won't stop that so why continue it?
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 19
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/9/2008 6:06:53 AM
Interesting reply.....Well now yes i sent it to you in order to understand that yes we are atoms and what not.

here read this

<div class='quote'>The atom is one of the most fundamental particles in ordinary matter. A chemical element is determined entirely by the type of atom it contains, which in turn is determined by the number of protons, electrons and neutrons that constitute the atom. An atom consists of a dense nucleus, consisting of positively charged protons and >>>>> electrically <<<< neutral neutrons, bound together by the strong nuclear force. Surrounding the nucleus at a distance some 10 000 times the nuclear diameter, are the negatively charged electrons, constrained by their electrostatic attraction to the nucleus. When the number of protons in the nucleus equals the number of electrons, the atom is electrically neutral; otherwise it is an ion and has a net positive or negative charge. An atom is classified according to its number of protons and neutrons: the number of protons determines the chemical element and the number of neutrons determines the isotope of that element

The basic mechanism is using ions (charged atoms) or other charged particles, like the negatively charged OH-molecule in basic (as opposed to acidic) environments.

Creating charged particles usually means that you get a positive charge for each negative charge that is created, so the main work in maintaining the charge is to keep positive and negative charges separate.

This is usually done passively by semi-permeable membranes, which will only let one kind of particle, but not the other, pass through. If the particles that can pass the membrane are positive, they will carry a net positive charge to the other side of the membrane and leave a negative charge behind.

The body also has active ion pumps, usually complex protein molecules, that can carry ions through a membrane even against a repelling force, and ion channels that can quickly admit lots of particles through cell walls.

A combination of these mechanisms is used throughout the body to first maintain charges and then move them at appropriate times, which creates a current.

We know from physics that any moving charge creates electromagnetic waves, and the waves created by the heart muscle and the brain can then be picked up by EEG machines.

I think this sums it up. How do you think atoms work. I think you might have clean off the oil you used to wipe your glasses for a more clearer view on this. thanks

http://www.celtoslavica.de/bibliothek/electricity.html

I think this deserves its own post
 quietcowboy
Msg: 20
view profile
History
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/9/2008 6:14:23 AM
Its too hots reaction to your links was the same as mine. The information in it wasn't at all pertinent to the discussion - neither is the quote you pulled from it.
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 21
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/9/2008 7:46:27 AM
There could be 500 hot reactions but that does not make you right. Just because others might agree with your view does not effect the information.

Its like everyone saying that water is acid and melts your insides. 5million could think that but it does not make it true.

Anyways i started this in another topic
 Is too hot
Msg: 22
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/9/2008 6:36:11 PM

Well now yes i sent it to you in order to understand that yes we are atoms and what not.

Thanks but you needn't have bothered. I've got a degree in science and I know full well what an atom is and what ions are. However, that was not your original claim. Your original claim is that electricity drives everything in our bodies and that is absolute nonsense. There are many non-ionic substances that have profound effects in the body.

Otherwise, everything you've written in this post is correct, per se. Taken together, you make breathtaking illogical jumps. You need to keep magnitudes of order in mind before you proclaim that everything is electric or that the electromagnetic waves have sod all to do with anything in your body. Also, only the nerves carry enough current to register on an EKG or an EEG. Muscles don't. And an EEG is the measurement of brain activity, not cardiac activity, so you made a boo-boo there.

Like I said, your knowledge of science is deeply flawed. You need a refresher course, that is, assuming you ever knew this stuff.
 Is too hot
Msg: 23
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/9/2008 6:43:32 PM

I find it interesting that people will put so much faith in peer review.

I think you're talking about plain old review, not peer review although I do agree with your statement.

Peer review is where another professional of similar or greater expertise (a peer) reviews a paper submitted for publication for novelty, usefulness, completeness, etc. Passing peer review does not in any way confirm the findings or statements in the paper. It merely means that the paper is saying something new and presenting new data that is complete and contributive to that science. That's all it is. Most people trust the peer review process insofar as somewhat of a guarantee that a trained expert has read it and found no monkey business.

Review of a chemical is usually an exhaustive review of all the data known about a chemical such that MSG has been declared safe in that a normal dose will not cause a negative effect in a human. All substances are toxic but you have to find out what the FDA used as it's reasonable dose. Yes, you can kill someone with MSG as you can with any other substance so it has to be taken in the context of a reasonable exposure.
 ThePigWhisperer
Msg: 24
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/9/2008 8:16:18 PM
If anything it all proves very strongly the one thing that I do believe in...THOUGHTS BECOME THINGS.....
So...excuse me, I have to go talk to my water now (what have I got to lose??)....I just wonder what would happen to the molecular structure of the water BOTTLE if we let Al Gore talk to it?????
 Is too hot
Msg: 25
WATER has MEMORY ! ! !
Posted: 7/15/2008 9:16:52 PM
At one time you may have been killed for believing the earth is round. now that everyone believes this, you may be killed for believing otherwise.

No, there are still people around who believe the earth is flat or that it is hollow. We don't kill them. We don't even want to kill them. But we do leave them very, very alone.

So, why show such hostility and certainty for something you may just not know about?

Some of these claims are doing serious harm to society and some individuals. They may look innocuous or even silly in this venue but many of these absurdities are doing real harm.

Ah, yes, I too have memories of water.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > WATER has MEMORY ! ! !