Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > 4th of July recipe ideas      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 maddisson80233
Msg: 5
view profile
History
4th of July recipe ideasPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
How about that red, white and blue dessert with the strawberries and blueberries?
The recipes can be found almost anywhere and is very festive.

Have fun!!
 Spicy G
Msg: 7
4th of July recipe ideas
Posted: 7/2/2008 9:29:10 AM
@ Naughtical... where does the Guinness and spices come in... you don't say in your recipe, you just say to boil the shrimp in water.
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 8
4th of July recipe ideas
Posted: 7/2/2008 9:44:41 AM
Maybe you boil the shrimp in water and just drink the beer?
Is it like making a two beer roux?
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 9
4th of July recipe ideas
Posted: 7/2/2008 9:49:58 AM
I always make the Loaded Baked Potatoe salad...but what I wanna know is, what's your recipe for the sausage cheese balls?!

I enjoy being able to make a carved watermelon fruit salad as well...and since watermelons are finally reasonable in my area, I may do such! ;) (Might not be the easiest to transport...but everything is always held at my house!)
 texasbaby
Msg: 16
view profile
History
4th of July recipe ideas
Posted: 7/2/2008 2:34:35 PM
There is usually a recipe for sausage balls on the Bisquick box. The sausage is raw, mixed into the cheese and bisquick with your hands, here's when you get to play with your food! I like extra sharp cheese and the hottest sausage I can find. I make these every holiday, my family expects them.

tb
 WesternRose
Msg: 19
4th of July recipe ideas
Posted: 7/2/2008 3:45:23 PM
8 square cakes... the 8" square cakes.....place 4 on top of 4.
Glue them together with jam.....and then cover with white icing.
Red, White and Blue theme here....get some strawberries...and slice them up...get some blueberries.... make a flag pattern!

I did this for Canada Day with Strawberries...easy cake for us! only red n white.
 FindingNemo12
Msg: 21
4th of July recipe ideas
Posted: 7/2/2008 11:02:36 PM
I made an Easy American Dessert trifle the other day and it was delicious and patriotic. I got the recipe at creamcheese.com and it only took a few minutes to put together! Use a clear bowl so you can see the red, white, and blue layers

4 cups boiling water, divided
1 pkg. (8-serving size) jello gelatin, any red flavor
1 pkg. (8-serving size) jello blue flavor gelatin
2 cups cold water
4 cups pound cake cubes
1 tub (8 oz.) cool whip, thawed
2 cups sliced strawberries

STIR 2 cups of the boiling water into each flavor of dry gelatin in separate bowls at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir 1 cup cold water into each bowl. Pour gelatins into separate 13x9-inch pans. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm. Cut gelatin into 1/2-inch cubes.

PLACE red gelatin cubes in 3-1/2-quart serving bowl or trifle bowl. Top with layers of cake cubes, half of the whipped topping and the strawberries. Cover with blue gelatin cubes; top with the remaining whipped topping.

REFRIGERATE at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 22
4th of July recipe ideas
Posted: 7/3/2008 7:01:21 AM
Stlfoc....bring that and you got yourself an invite to my Fourth of July BBQ! LOL Seriously...are pickeled jalapenos less spicy, though? I can deal with some heat, but sounds like a lotta jalapeno, otherwise.

So...Turkey Turds are the sausage and cheese balls the OP is referring to? Might try that! I can sub turkey sausage for a healthier recipe and their name would be more appropriate?! LOL

I make meatballs or smokies in a sauce made out of a half jar of grape jelly and a bottle of chili sauce (NOT c0cktail sauce!) and my guests always love it...unusual, tasty, and they can never figure out the combination of tastes!
 texasbaby
Msg: 23
view profile
History
4th of July recipe ideas
Posted: 7/3/2008 7:21:36 AM
My sis-in-law used to make the meatballs in grape jelly and chili sauce, then simmered them for a long time in a crock pot. Oh my gosh, so good!
tb
 FindingNemo12
Msg: 33
4th of July recipe ideas
Posted: 7/7/2008 10:05:12 PM
I ended up grilling some mutton. The fireworks were spectacular!
 SAguy_06
Msg: 34
4th of July recipe ideas
Posted: 1/24/2009 7:41:58 AM
We just got over Christmas...Is it time to start planning for the 4th of July already?...
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > 4th of July recipe ideas