Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Afghanistan Troop Deaths Surpass Iraq Deaths... Is that improvement?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flyguy51
Msg: 2
Afghanistan Troop Deaths Surpass Iraq Deaths... Is that improvement?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Iraq invasion = red herring over the real threat-- do you feel safer? You shouldn't.

When asked by congress "Are we safer?" Petraus himself admitted, "I don't know."

flyguy51
Msg: 4
Afghanistan Troop Deaths Surpass Iraq Deaths... Is that improvement?
Posted: 7/3/2008 12:06:13 AM
Cheers to you, Crash. You have posted about a major topic in the world today that has rendered most POFers speechless. I guess this supports the assertion that Afghanistan is this generation's "forgotten war"?

faith2565
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2008 10:48:50 PM
It is time to go, but do it with grace.
 satx78218
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 3:35:44 AM
the big "improvements" in Iraq in 2007 were

- the ethnic cleansing by Shiities of Sunnis in Bagdad was being completed, totally independently of, in parallel with the dubya escalation. Any Sunnis or anti-Maliki Shiites have been balkanized behind numerous Berlin walls separating neighborhoods.

- Petraeus began arming Sunnis and paying 80K of them $300/month, $24M month. "peace for money" never works, solves nothing except some quiet during the election.

- the US military greatly reduced its patrolling and kicking in doors looking for bad guys, a tactic that characterized the surge escalation at the beginning. That pisses occupied people off, radicalizes them, turns them into terrorists. So the US military mostly stays home and uses UAVs to blow up/shoot up bad guys, inclucing any civilians in the vicinity.
 gentalltheway
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 12:15:47 PM
That was before the Taliban harbored OBL who as you know was the mastermind of attacks on our country in 2001 so the US was right to go after the Taliban..we can't give the Taliban a free pass for harboring the mastermind who killed so many of our innocent people and was also responsible for many other attacks on Amerian embassys and ships..etc..

“Before the Taliban harboured OBL”??? Are you sure? Right...so I guess the 43 millions that Bush gave to the Taliban in May 2001 doesn't really count? I mean, knowingly that Osama bin Laden still operates the leading anti-American terror operation from his base in Afghanistan and allegedly launched two terror attacks on American embassies in Africa in 1998, how would you call that?

Hmmm…maybe I am wrong…what do you think?
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Afghanistan Troop Deaths Surpass Iraq Deaths... Is that improvement?