Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Daycare wants more than it was worth....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kelowna_Gal
Msg: 6
Daycare wants more than it was worth....Page 1 of 1    
Hi there, I manage a daycare and thought that I could offer my two cents. I work in a licenced group daycare for Infants/Toddlers. Our children range in age from birth to 3 years. Our fee for full time care (5 days a week) is $850.00/month (this is an avervage cost here in Kelowna). Our daily fee is $45.00/day. Some families are able to be fully subsidised but most have a parent portion to pay. Also, our rates are based on days not the number of hours that a child is at daycare. The cost is lower for children who are 3 years and older.
Just a note to people looking for child care...anyone can take care of children and get money from subsidy. It's up to each individual to decide what they are going to charge for fees. That's something that you have to discuss with each center or at home daycare. We tell all of our families to at least pay something while they are waiting for the subsidy to come into the center (which usually takes around 6 weeks). This way, if they are fully subsidised then we owe them a credit and if they owe a parent portion, they are already paying and not ending up with a huge bill. Also, we have everything in writing. Very important.
 wanderbaby
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Daycare wants more than it was worth....
Posted: 7/4/2008 12:11:24 AM
do you have any documentation other than your word that you'd like to make payments and she refused? do you have a copy of the contract that you signed? If she agreed, then you bring it up to the judge that she accepted that you can only pay her for the few hours she's watched your kids.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Daycare wants more than it was worth....