Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > looosing yr sex drive      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Change Of Pace
Msg: 5
view profile
History
looosing yr sex drivePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Have to say I lost it when my marriage was on the skids, but came back quickly once I knew we were both happier apart and the separation was sorted...as others have said...talk to someone professionally that can help.
 WeAre1
Msg: 11
view profile
History
looosing yr sex drive
Posted: 7/5/2008 6:20:17 AM
i would do some internal serious reflection first and ask yourself what's going on? you seem fine with your present lack of libido, but your b/f does not....
seems you have some options - one idea is to find a compromise with your b/f you are both truly happy with. you mention you don't want it all the time anymore. well, all the time to me is excessive also....sort of loses its magic sometimes, too much of a good thing.
do you love him? is sex for you a manifestation of that love, or is it just sex?
there is much to this subject. please seek help on whatever level you both need to if you truly love each other and want this relationship to work, for it does not sound like it is in its present state.
 cloudthree
Msg: 26
view profile
History
looosing yr sex drive
Posted: 7/5/2008 1:27:51 PM
At 43 you should be at the peak of your life. This could be a medical condition that needs a professional opinion. Women have told me be this can be a wonderful time in their lives, as they usually are well grounded and know what they want in life.

Intimacy is an important part of most relationships, but not the be all end all. A solid friendship with trust, loyalty, and respect, is for me a big plus in any relationship. Some of us are wired to be more romantic and sensual, others less so.
An outside medical opinion would not hurt in this case.
Good Luck......
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > looosing yr sex drive