Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How important it is for you to have a man who is confident?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Miklai
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How important it is for you to have a man who is confident?Page 1 of 1    
How important it is for you to have a man who is confident and always knows what he wants rather than having a man who doesn't always knows what he wants?
Is it true that women always seek a man who can make her feel that she belongs to him?
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 2
How important it is for you to have a man who is confident?
Posted: 7/6/2008 2:24:49 PM

Is it true that women always seek a man who can make her feel that she belongs to him?

Maybe I misunderstand what you mean, but I do not want to belong to anybody. To me it shows better if the guy is confident in relationship and himself that he does not have to feel possesive.
 _Icon_
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/6/2008 2:41:59 PM
I'm not getting the confidence = possesiveness thing, either.
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/6/2008 2:51:20 PM
Question #1 part a- Very. Confident and c0cky are very different. Ability to reason through a decision instead of picking something and not backing down. Very few women want to feel like we have a slave or a pet that has to be on a leash to know where we're going or be told what he wants to eat.
Very few women like a guy ordering for them, too. So you have to find your spot between controling pr1ck and lap dog. Confident people can still learn. C0cky people pretend like they know everything and screw up more.

Question #1 part b- Always and never are pretty much the same: words you should avoid in generalizations. They're generalizations, so accept that first, then realize even in general, people are different.
Not even the Chirsitan god ALWAYS knows what he wants. pffft. Why would we expect someone to always know everything? I don't care if he thought he wanted a particular fridge when we get to the store, I want him to look over the others just incase there is a better one. I don't want him to go straight to one website when buying the fridge, I want him to shop around. (Purely examples, if I do most of the cooking I'M buying the fridge.)

Question #2- If you are looking for a woman suffering from battered wife syndrome: yes.
As Alexy already mentioned, it is not a common trait in women to want to feel owned. We'd like to feel that we belong together and a lot of women want monogamy, but ownership is not the only relationship people can have.
 clasact
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2008 3:12:46 PM
Confidence ranks right up there with intelligence to me. I love a confident man.

However, you stated in your O-post "always knows what he wants". I don't subscribe to people "always" knowing what they want, I would have to question that.... the word "always", sometimes it takes more thought in certain instances.

Confidence can sometimes be mistaken for arrogance and those who often mistake this in that person, are more often than not, people who lack confidence themselves.
I have found people who lack confidence are those who cannot make up their minds about much of anything.

And no, I don't want to "belong" to anyone. I'm not a possession or an object to be owned and a man who is confident within himself wouldn't feel the need do this.
 gentlemanforLady
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/6/2008 5:10:52 PM
most men worry about not being man enough. and the truth is we will always have this doubt even if we seem confident on the outside.
 clasact
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2008 6:18:35 PM

As for belonging, I would hope that each would have a feeling of belonging to the other and that this would be wholly unrelated to anyone asserting their 'rights' as a partner. Feeling like you belong to someone (or somewhere) does not mark you out as mindless property, it's a feeling of home, comfort and rightness: 'we belong together'.
Well, now that you put it this^^^way, I guess I interpreted it in a different manner at the time of my above post as to the word, "belong". And I shouldn' t have, because I have "belonged" before in this way. You're right as "rain", *rune* I guess I just had a lapse in my thought process today is all.....................
 _Red_
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/6/2008 7:44:42 PM

More important then money but less important then great sex.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/6/2008 9:27:15 PM
It's vital for me. Confidence is something that oozes out when it's for real and is a royal pain in the azz when it isn't. For me, he needs to be "whole" and that instills confidence (at least I think so!)
 xeot
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2008 9:45:01 PM

OP it's important to me that a man be confident. That doesn't mean always knowing what he wants, that means knowing himself as a person, and knowing he is basically a good man despite his weaknesses.

I wish that were the accepted and functional definition. Sadly I haven't found it to be.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How important it is for you to have a man who is confident?