Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > tummy apron... a big deal or no?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hotXXbunz
Msg: 3
view profile
History
tummy apron... a big deal or no?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I am a bbw with a bit more than just an apron....I am tall so weight is hid well, however my stomach is def not my best feature...with that being said...I find that if I present myself in a confident manner(which I am) then it is usually not a problem...I am open honest and very upfront about my weight issues and some like some don't...my feeling is if they don't like then that's their problem....be confident in who you are and what your body mind and soul consist of...
 OutMind
Msg: 10
tummy apron... a big deal or no?
Posted: 7/7/2008 9:28:51 AM
Yes is nasty. Get surgery right now.

(This message sponsored by Dr. Knifehappy MD. DDS. FLSC.)

fancynanci
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 4:11:09 PM
Doesn't anybody diet & exercise anymore??? I can't believe how many people get tummy tucks rather than lose it the old fashioned way!!!!
 KingstonBelle
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/7/2008 4:18:23 PM

Doesn't anybody diet & exercise anymore??? I can't believe how many people get tummy tucks rather than lose it the old fashioned way!!!!

No, nobody diets and exercises anymore.. obviously they don't read either
 hotXXbunz
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 12:28:59 AM
People in this post have had different opinions....again I have a tummy and am a bbw...but if that's all a partner wanted to focus on then he/she would not be of interest to me anyway....I am not a barbie(far from it)but if my partner wanted that then they shouldn't be talking to me...as long as you are upfront about your situation and don't expect everyone to think your "hot" then you have to do what's right for you...you will be "hot" to someone....

LOVE TO LIVE...LIVE TO LOVE
 guyot
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 6:54:32 AM
I think that having pride in who you are as stated by Sensual Aquarian and implied by others is a good approach. It is only one part of you, and is a reminder of something wonderful that you have done.

-Gray
 BiigJim
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2011 12:41:58 PM
I just love a big woman who is confident in herself and with her size! My answer is no! I just love a woman with a huge belly!
 want to travel
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2011 1:00:12 PM
Not at all,most real men would love you just the way you are.......
 want to travel
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2011 10:23:02 AM
I can not believe some men's (if you can call them that!) views on tummy aprons
one guy said, its ok if you're just getting laid
my ex was (is) one of the most attractive women out there, she had one,We where together for 15 years, it was never a problem,she was not overweight, she did not need to get anything fixed!!!!
 dondea
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2011 9:59:59 AM
I know the OP is long gone, but if she was still here, I would tell her: No big deal. If the guy she is with doesn't like her tummy, what else won't he like? Does she really want to be with a person like that?

I guess for some folks, physical looks outweigh personality. If that makes them happy, go for it.

To me, looks are part of who you are physically, but it's the way you carry yourself and act is what affects the chemistry. Foolish me, I married a gal when I was 24 because she was cute--now she is my ex. I learned the hard way.

In this online world of POF, that is why an informal meet or two is so important before even thinking of starting a friendship or a relationship. You gotta like and be comfortable around each other. Just sayin'....

Edit: ^^^^^Great Response DSMTraveler! ^^^^^
 dondea
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2011 10:05:06 AM
For cin____dy:

The answer for our excuse:

BEER and good food! LOL!

BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/29/2011 1:06:59 PM
OP - i wont' date or have sex with a woman who has a tummy apron.

the only time I did was after my own ex wife had our babies ... yet she wound up having a tummy tuck and had her stuff stuck back into place...

it was expensive...

but it is super unattractive...on what many times is attractive women and other times on ugly/average women.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/29/2011 3:09:10 PM

^^Doesn't a tummy tuck leave a long scar?
Middle-aged men would ask a woman to have this operation - off work for 6 weeks, no lifting, pain and discomfort and a huge scar - because you don't like to see loose skin?
WTH?

I cannot speak for middle aged men, but I can speak for myself...she was not working at the time, as I was the sole bread winner in the house at that point in our marriage...

I can deal with a low scar with a tight stomach over a tummy apron everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

I've been dating a guy who calls it a muffin top. He says women are more selfconscious about it than men. Men only look at your boobs, your ****, and your face ... not your muffin top.

muffin top is not the same thing exactly....and ya, I look at boobs, azz and face - but I also look a womans' waist as well.

when I am actually sizing a woman up, I prefer a woman with a tight waist and a nice high azz and a nice gap between her upper legs...that to me is talent....boobs can be bought and/or fixed if need be...
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/29/2011 3:45:07 PM
^^^lol it was her idea anyhow !!! and I have had surgeries, etc from time to time - so I do understand the pain involved...

and I never said the scar didn't bother me -- just that I'd deal with it over a tummy apron.

I used to say that a tummy apron was God's way of telling men (back in the day) that she had already had baby with another man, so move onto another...
 concertlover3
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/29/2011 6:05:48 PM
i lost my hard on once when i saw my first caesarian zipper rising up out of her pubes back in the 70's.

since then i've only dated girls in their 20's without children. i still do.

can't watch a Frankenstein movie without getting MAJOR SHRINKAGE.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2011 8:26:47 PM
I have a little belly, but that doesn't bother me as much as the scars that I have acquired do.

Deep cut scars; gunshot wound scars; 3rd degree burn on entire lower right leg..pretty ugly honestly.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/30/2011 9:50:48 PM
A tummy apron is akin to having a turkey waddle neck after losing a large amount of weight. Both are equally unattractive, in my book.

I've never had kids, nor have I lost a lot of weight---however, if I had, I wouldn't hesitate to get the problem surgically corrected.

There is nothing remotely appealing to me about having curtains of loose, wrinkly skin hanging from your body---unless you're a Shar Pei puppy.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/1/2011 7:46:15 AM

I wouldn't hesitate either..however, the law of gravity will effect us all at some point, and it's a battle that can only be fought temporarily, till we all will lose the war. Plastic surgery is expensive, and it is temporary, no matter what they tell you. Facelifts do fall...so do eye lifts, and any lifts. Nothing good lasts forever. Getting old sucks.

Agree on all points---however, I have a motto:

"You're never too old to look younger."

Look at Sophia Loren, not a young-looking woman by any stretch, but still beautiful in her late seventies, and will probably still look good 'til the day she dies.
 ~rain~
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2011 1:40:35 PM
If it bothers you then all means ..do something about it!! But do it for YOU and no one else!!
The person who is the right one for you will love all of you.They will accept you for exactly who you are, including all the faults you may think you have. They will think you are the most beautiful, sexy, desirable person on the planet.

Sexy is a mind thing, not a body thing.
 MikeWM
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2011 1:40:36 PM
Personally something like that would be a total and instant deal breaker I have to admit

Most of the women I have "known" in the last 10 years or so which is far from being a tiny number have had one or more kids and not a single one of them has had what you describe, so I would guess its probably more to do with weight than child bearing really

But at the end of the day what any one specific person finds attractive or unnattractive isnt really important, and I am sure there are some men floating around who wouldnt see this as an issue and might even find it "cute" as I have to admit I totally love the feel of stretch marks despite many women and men thinking theyre "ick"

So everyone is different and the only ones that are important are the ones whose preferences include you rather than exclude you
 MikeWM
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2011 2:11:36 PM
Pudendum always makes me think of a 3 year old trying to pronounce pendulum

Soz, but it just does
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > tummy apron... a big deal or no?