Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do you really care WHERE a man approaches you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ca-soldier
Msg: 1
Do you really care WHERE a man approaches you?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I hear alot of stories about guys who approach women in places such as grocery stores, fast food places, coffee shops, ETC. Sometimes women will blurt out "Im not here to meet men!" (out of Midol I suppose lol). Im sure no guy goes into these places thinking " she must be here to meet guys" Also, ive heard "youl lfind it when your not looking" Does this not apply to women? Anyway, im just wondering, do you ladies really have to be actively looking, to be open to meeting a man? and do you really care where he meets you at?
OB/GYN clinic, and funeral parlors excepted!
 SpiceyCougar
Msg: 2
Do you really care WHERE a man approaches you?
Posted: 7/8/2008 3:44:08 PM

and do you really care where he meets you at?

Sneaking up behind me as I walk home from work at 4am might be a bad idea. That might get you a broken nose.

Sorry to bring this up and be cheesey... but watching Sex and the City taught me that that you never know where or when that "one" will run into you. It's helped me keep my mind open to the "who knows".

So, what I am saying, as long as you aren't sneaking up behind me all sneaky-like... go for it :)
 BrokenMemories
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/8/2008 3:46:10 PM
As long as I'm not at work, I couldn't care less.
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/8/2008 3:49:00 PM

As long as I'm not at work, I couldn't care less.

Damn, just took away my favorite spot to corner ...er, umm .. I mean, to meet women. Poor cashiers and waitresses are forced to deal with men like me everyday! I'd almost feel sorry for them -- but I don't!
 ca-soldier
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/8/2008 3:54:51 PM
[As long as I'm not at work or in class, it doesn't really matter to me.]
ok and if you are at work or class...he cant meet you because????
I hope your soulmate isnt the one trying to meet you there
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/8/2008 4:02:52 PM
Not if I like him, no....HOW he approaches me might matter more, but mostly I'm cool with it...but it's also pretty rare...

..unfortunately I am the type to approach those I like, so if he's approaching me it's probably because I'm not interested.

P.S. Finding it when you're not looking is how I met half the guys I dated...so yeah that's pretty accurate.
 foufillefou
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/8/2008 4:16:04 PM
I'll be honest, that can make me nervous when that happens in places I don't expect (eg. browsing for books, gorocery stores...).

In general I'm always a little suspicious, since they know what I look like and what I buy, obvious conclusion is they want to lure me away, rob me and then make wallets out of my skin.

When I get approached on the street and it's dark and I'm alone, I do get scared and that's when I radiate my keep away vibes as hard as can be.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 4:51:14 PM

funeral parlors excepted!

the local funeral director (owner) winked at me as he was getting out of his suv and going into the funeral home. hmmm, do you think that maybe that was his way of flirting with me to let me know that i'm going to get laid by him? (laid out that is).

if a guy is going to approach me then so be it, that's up to him. i'm not going to yell at him for a little friendly conversation or a flirting wink or smile...i have to be nuts. there's also been a few times when i went to the market i would start a little flirting conversation. after that, he went his way and i went mine and never seen each other again...not yet anyway.
 aspiring_angel
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/8/2008 4:56:26 PM
OP I always thought it was tasteless to approach a lady at her place of employment. I mean, she's there to work and it doesn't create a very good impression, should her boss hear of it.

All that aside, I met my S/O at work ~ LOL. He politely asked for my number and called me after my shift. Very tastefully done :)
 ca-soldier
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/8/2008 4:57:24 PM
yes country.girl he was flirting!!! but some of us cant approach you!
 ca-soldier
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/8/2008 4:59:00 PM
[No, OP, accosting women everywhere YOU feel the urge and the interest is not okay. Yes, women do care.]
i didnt know "hi how are you" was considered acosting someone. Im glad ive found not ALL women are as abusive as you!! Also, pepper spray in this situatoin would be a felony, just to let you know
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 5:02:01 PM

yes country.girl he was flirting!!! but some of us cant approach you!
nahhh, he wasn't flirting with me....just being nice.

now, what do you mean by some of us can't approach me....because you're out west and i'm clear across the state? throw me a message in private if you like.
 TravelingHomebody
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 5:24:14 PM
I'd not care where. I had a wonderful dinner once with a man I met in a bookstore. We started discussing the books and made our purchases and walked to a restaurant, right that evening. And he was KOREAN and ordinarily I'd not give a Korean guy the time of day. (Cultural thing. A man of Korean descent born in the West would be another matter entirely.)

If we struck up a conversation and it was going well, I'd not care if we met directing traffic around a car wreck. Though I think picking up girls at a funeral would be a bit tacky.
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/8/2008 5:25:53 PM

do you really care where he meets you at? .

I do not want to be aproached at gym or when I am studying. There is some true to what TDZ girl says. The guy should not only think of his desire to meet but consider if girl is busy or if obvious she does not want to be aproached.
 TravelingHomebody
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 5:27:14 PM

In general I'm always a little suspicious, since they know what I look like and what I buy, obvious conclusion is they want to lure me away, rob me and then make wallets out of my skin.

Well don't go into a dark alley with him!

I walked to a nearby restaurant with a guy I met at a bookstore and we had a lovely evening. Sadly, our phones and email servers had compatibility issues and we had trouble connecting again. He could only get through on my work phone which meant he could only get me when I was busy, and when I tried to call him I'd get a recording in Korean I didn't know how to respond to.
 TravelingHomebody
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 5:31:03 PM

OP I always thought it was tasteless to approach a lady at her place of employment. I mean, she's there to work and it doesn't create a very good impression, should her boss hear of it.

I'd not mind meeting a guy at work, either a co-worker or (since my job involves taking kids out in the community for activities) somebody who just happens to be in the same place I am. Most likely a guy from another agency taking a kid out to the same place!
 ca-soldier
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/8/2008 5:46:22 PM
[That is unless we planned it out that way..... ;) ]
Bad girl!!! lol
 SpiceyCougar
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/8/2008 6:37:30 PM
[That is unless we planned it out that way..... ;) ]
Bad girl!!! lol

Yes! You should spank her when you sneak up behind her.
 MajorThomas
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 6:39:29 PM
If you're a hot guy, most women don't care where you approach them.

I would imagine most guys wouldn't care either where a Hot babe approached them.

Basically is there physical attraction? if there is approach! The signs are pretty obvious when someone sees you and is interested.
 Mrblackromance
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/9/2008 12:30:21 AM
I pretty much will walk up to a women I am interested in anywhere. I usually walk up to them and say excuse me, I can tell from the reaction where I go from there.

If it is not a negative reaction. I usually am very straight forward and say, I couldn't help but notice your hair, eyes, walk or whatever it is that has attracted me to them. I will then ask if they would like to get a jamba juice or mocha and have a chance to get to know each other.

Works extremely well at both my gym and the Borders down the street. The worst I get is thank you but I am not interested. But almost all of the ladies appear to be flattered by the attention.
 sara-bi
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/10/2008 1:57:41 PM
Why should a woman care where she is approached? I'm still waiting for the memo that says the right man will ONLY approach you when YOU want him to
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/10/2008 6:22:44 PM

(out of Midol I suppose lol).

OP, I think that line will win a girl over no matter where you go.
 xeot
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 7:55:52 PM

Not if I like him, no..

Honest comment of the thread right there.
If a guy is attractive enough he can approach any woman anywhere and it's okay.
Now uglier guys well they aren't supposed to talk to women... ever. :)

That aside, I've been told it's not ok to approach a woman when:
She's at work.
She's shopping or running errands.
She's at bar or otherwise out with friends.
On the bus, train, plane, etc.
Basically any place that isn't a 'dating' event, and even then it's sketchy.
I've even been yelled at by women for holding the door open for them after I passed through it.

Msg #12.... That's the very reason I've become more reluctant to stop and help any woman under 50 years old.

This society is rather sick and needs help IMO.
 Frankycadillac
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 9:04:40 PM
there is a device here in NY that has changed catcalling and approachability forever. its called an ipod. if a girl wants to be left alone, she clearly states so with her ipod in her ear.

Quite handy for men and women.
 Caper143
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/10/2008 9:12:34 PM
I think you can meet anyone at anytime as long as you are open to it. All a guy has to do is watch a girls body language to know if she wants to be approached or not...we're not that hard to figure out. For example...if we are wearing sweat pants with our hair up, no make up and our mind is obviously pre-occupied....then we are probably not interested in doing anything other than the task at hand.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do you really care WHERE a man approaches you?