Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Strangest thing you've ever caught yourself saying      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TravelingHomebody
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Strangest thing you've ever caught yourself sayingPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
What's the strangest thing you ever caught yourself saying? You know, those moments when you hear it come out of your mouth and think, "There's something you don't hear every day!"

Mine: "Ew! Now I've got a hand all full of tiger snot!"
 bearwoman1959
Msg: 2
Strangest thing you've ever caught yourself saying
Posted: 7/11/2008 7:53:04 PM
Uh, I keep referring to Groucho Marx as Marco Grouch. Can't seem to get it right the last few years. It always gets laughs anyway. I don't mean to do it, but it happens.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2008 9:55:02 PM
August 26, 1978: Found myself standing in front of family and friends saying "I do."

Haven't been tempted to say that again.
 godliketoaster
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/11/2008 10:15:42 PM
In a recent discussion with my friend in a public place I said "I can't believe Danny Glover lives in my ass!" really loudly. I meant to say it quietly....
 Greyfeld
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2008 1:28:16 AM
How about, "No, I would rather get to know you before we have sex.."

Kick my own ass for that one
 whothehellknows
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/12/2008 3:01:36 AM
I declined someone's invitation to have a sexual fling. Very attractive woman and if the opportunity had presented itself a few years ago I would have been all over it. Just wasn't what I was looking for at the moment and I knew I would be happy just having a fling with her.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/12/2008 9:35:06 AM
I accidently called a girlfriend by an ex girlfriend's name....No sex for like a week. Oops!
 TravelingHomebody
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2008 3:52:09 PM
Ah, Windchick, the joys of motherhood!

Once a friend of mine was chewing on a match and I "hooked" it out of his mouth without thinking. The look he gave me was priceless.
 The Artful Codger
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/13/2008 6:17:08 AM
It's not so much what I said, but who I said it to...
In April I ignored an incoming call from a relatively new client while I was speaking long distance with a favourite 77 year old aunt.
My aunt and I had a nice long chat, and when I hung up the phone I immediately called the client back.
After a brief exchange about the job I was working on for her, as we traded goodbyes, I thanked her for the call, told her I'd be in touch -
and like I had just done with my aunt...I said "I love you", and hung up.
 Cautious33
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/13/2008 8:32:53 AM
Being the one that usually makes everyone around me laugh....there is always something different coming out of my mouth like...... GodBless you for Snoughing (sneeze and cough), Did you just snart?? (sneeze and fart), and yes I have a corrupt sense of humor and for some reason my words come out bass akwards sometimes and that's too funny, sad thing is all my friends understand it, guess we have our own language :)

And the one that my mom almost fell off the chair over, I was talking about someone taking a dirt nap......I guess that's not the best way to say someone has passed.
 yna6
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/13/2008 8:54:18 AM
Way too many to list...between old folks, kids and a quirky sense of humour, you never know what is going to come out of anyone's mouth around this place!
The usual answer to "What are you eating?" is "It's mine, I found it!" hehehe...
 nebula22
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/29/2008 6:34:37 AM
There was two gorgeous gals who would only party with me at the local bar.
They would ignore all the other guys and was really put off by their advances.
After two weeks these gals asked me to go outside with them and I did.
They told me they was leaving for Michigan the next day and asked me to go to their hotel and spend the night making love to both of them .
I thanked them for the invite and told them that I also felt the same .
But then I told them I was married and wouldn't cheat on my wife..
They was amazed to have a man turn them down and said they wished they could find a man like me.
Now I know that my ex-wife had always been a liar and a cheater..
Am I STUPID or what?
 bamagal63
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/29/2008 11:50:36 AM
My son used to watch Spongebob Squarepants! I would get the name wrong..I would sometimes call him "squarebob spongepants"...lmaooo...he would go..mom thats not righttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha
 MTramble
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/29/2008 7:13:52 PM
Oh Cautious33! Ive got to remember those! I love the Dirt Nap! lol

Mine aren't funny, but others are..

My sister was talking about cars and how her boyfriends dad is fixing a hotrod and my uncle is doing a mini.
We were out the back discussing the coolness of these cars, and it was brought up the last car done up was something like a willy, my sister couldn't remember the name but was sure that was it. My grandmother piped in with 'yes, your uncle had one of those as well, wonder if it was the same type? you should ask him".
Next thing my sister yells out "HEY ****!? DO YOU KNOW WHAT A WILLY LOOKS LIKE!?" hehehehe
 ~~~PlayNice~~~
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2008 4:30:10 AM
this wasn't me, but i thought/still think it was hilarious!

i was getting my hair done recently and sent a male friend to In N Out to get a burger. i asked him to order it 'animal style', which apparently he wasn't familiar with. he laughed and joked about how that sounded all sexual but when i assured him i was serious, he and his male friend left to get burgers.

they were in the middle of a conversation when they pulled up to the drive thru window and he asked the cashier, "can i get a double double doggy style?"

the cashier looked at him flustered and asked, "Sir, do you mean animal style?"

as he apologized profusely, his buddy could do nothing but laugh. whew, still cracks me up!

asianpeachqTea
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 9:43:22 PM
Awesome Forum & even though old. Hope it keeps up.I cannot think of.. strangest things that I have said/done etc.Thinks silently...But these Posts certainly make me LOL.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 5:39:03 PM
When I heard me saying to myself:

"If I just had a pill that would shut off ALL my feelings, I could make everybody happy".

What a wake-up call! I really did some deep thinking, and made some major changes shortly thereafter.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 11:57:46 PM
thanks for reviving this old thread, Asian Peach ... these are HYSTERICALLY funny ... I laughed till I had tears in my eyes ... perfect after an otherwise rough day ...

funniest thing out of my FRIEND'S mouth ... we were teen-agers, in the wash room at Me & Ed's Pizza ... hundred years ago or so ... when, suddenly and without warning, the sink fell off the wall and landed on my toe ... my toe was bleeding, there was water squirting all over the floor ...

we hurried out to tell the manager before the entire restaurant was flooded ... after I'd explained how the sink landed on my toe and that I was injured ... my friend piped up, quite seriously, "and she didn't put her knee in the sink or anything."

what? I mean ... really ... WHAT? she just kept looking at me and saying, "well, you didn't ... you really didn't!" I'm lucky the manager didn't make me pay for his stupid broken plumbing ...
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 1:46:12 AM
Miss Molly Maude Chan You are very Welcome!=DGlad you think this Threads good & wrote in it.I have been re-reading Forums etc & found some spectacular ones.Hopefully thats OKay.Sorry you got injured aiya all those yrs ago(lol only100 yrs or so)& yet maybe your friend was just too shocked at what had happened to otherwise not say any thing.Ah.Well Thankfully you were OK..& you didnot get into trouble. Now..were you two teens saying any scary chants to the loo's mirror & thus the sink just..fell..one would be terrified at the cold rushing water suddenly all over & the noise when you got your foot hit ouch oww..no more pizza there.Now you know.. a whole lot more.Have a safe smart & plumb free day.By the by..would you now offer to repair it?All the best to you & all..& by all..I mean it all.Right down to the wee sinks,&good friends
 Julietsdestiny
Msg: 26
Posted: 3/14/2012 7:53:42 AM
"Gee I didn't expect to see that".....A text I sent my now (Of course) EX whom I discovered was wearing a naked woman the last time I saw him!
In my younger day's I probably would have used fierce words or thrown a brick through his window or caused a scene of some sort, but NO I just walked away in tears and then sent that text msg.
I feel better knowing that I kept my composure.
 VADERPRIME
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/14/2012 8:46:11 AM
"If you keep making that face. it'll freeze like that"
"don't eat raw cookie dough, you'll get worms"
..I'm passing down my mothers wisdom..;-)
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 12:29:30 PM
AhemI think I can top your mother's
sageadvice..I heard a mother tell her children they cannot eat anything red lest they get hyper.No catsup no licorice no jam etc.Hopefully she meant red dye.oh&Eating raw Orient noodles gave you worms.Didn't quite stop us though.Never heard a bout rawcookiedough.I never got to try..someone always ate it first.& second.&Last.I was often stirring soup.Now on consideration of swallowin bubblegum & it resides in you for up to 12 yrs was it..what would you tell a wee kin of yours when they eat bubblegum icecream..
& then there was an incident outside as I was walking few yrs past..2ppl arguing a male & lass.She swore saying fcuk jiggles & the manlaughed & called for a clown.Idk what he meant by adult clown though..weird As Clowns are evil & scary anyways.
I heard of the freeze your face phrase,that didn't stop some till they
actually got frozen..they freaked but
soon their'faces'went normal again but they often say they look diff.
 Rokei57
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:34:58 PM
My ex walked me up to the sporting goods counter at Walmart and asked the clerk if he could "borrow" a gun and one bullet....said he'd give the gun right back.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Strangest thing you've ever caught yourself saying