Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > would guys date a female cop?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 borntoski683
Msg: 2
view profile
History
would guys date a female cop?Page 1 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
hmm. Good question. I've never been in that situation. I think I might be inclined to try it out, seems exotic and exciting. Kinda hot actually.

But the reality is that I might not like it that much in the long run, if there is a long run. The reality is that most police officers, bless their heart and thank god for this, live a life that is a bit idealistic in certain ways. I think it takes a certain type of personality to be cool with that way of life and having a partner that lives that way. That is on top of the stresses and pressures of knowing that your partner is going to work every day with a gun on her belt.
 mcbobly
Msg: 4
view profile
History
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 7/12/2008 12:08:38 PM
Sure, I don't see the problem with it. For those that can't handle it then fine, they wouldn't have been a good match then anyway. I don't see it being any more difficult than dating any other women, just the job is the only difference.
 StarreGazer
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/12/2008 12:34:20 PM
Personally, I would have a problem dating ANY woman who risked her life for a living, whether she be a cop, firefighter, or in the military. It's bad enough when a loved one dies by accident, but I can't tolerate deliberate exposure to danger on a daily basis.
 superdrew
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2008 1:35:16 PM
OP, It sounds like the guys you're talking about are a bit insecure. But some very practical questions come to my mind:

1) If I were dating a cop I would be *extremely* curious about her job. I would want to know everything. Would it be irritating to have your date constantly interrogating you about cop stuff, and stories from your day at work?

2) What if someone is taking you out to dinner for the evening, and he starts driving a tiny bit over the speed limit. Do you tell him he has to slow down?

3) If you wind up dating a decent guy (responsible person, good job, good personality match for you) but once in a rare while he likes to smoke pot. Does that put you in a difficult position?

Does your police training address the above issues?
 GregFireman
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/12/2008 7:50:37 PM
Yes, I would date a female cop. I am going into firefighting. Cops and firefighters and nurses and doctors and so on.... we all work together. I dont have a problem with it. Especially cops because we are called to the same scenes a lot, and we see the same stuff.... the level of stress doesnt phase me at all.
 single1965
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2008 9:01:52 PM
Sounds to me like most of the guys you meet must already have a rap sheet. It shouldnt make any difference what you do for a living (except maybe a couple). Your job wouldnt bother me one bit. Im sure you will find someone.
 isoU
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/13/2008 2:33:11 AM
God .. that is a dream of mine ... Any woman that can take a controlling position in society is so attractive to me.

I have dated teachers, professors, accounts and many nurses. I have never been able to attract a female cop. Some ladies I have spoke to have suggested that Female COPS might not be Interested in males. Maybe it is me but dating a cop would be fabulous just to be able to live in her world. Even if it was vicariously.

I must admit I would be have anxiety with the possible loss.
 gtomustang
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/13/2008 5:31:29 AM
"The only reason why I wouldn't date another cop is because most of them are players. They are dating like 5 girls at the same time or are married with children and have a girl lover on the side. I know, I know you guys are probably gonaa say that you gonna find that everywhere, but trust me, it more common in men who work in law enforcement. "

>>>consider WHY law enforcement attracts this type of person, and you can understand why most men say they wouldn't date a lady cop. These male cops aren't playin' b/c there are so many badge whores (i.e., interested only in the uniform and the alleged security and thus status it suggests) that they can't turn down the possibilities offered.

There are some good cops, who choose the job b/c of the DUTY involved in it. Others are seeking something else personal, and that is shared with players.
 amaze me
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/17/2008 10:17:42 AM
I've had the opportunity in the past, and frankly those dates went nowhere-fast. There's a mindset to being a cop. Most of them (male or female) see the world in black and white. Good guys and bad guys. But thats not the real world--the real world is all sorts of shades of grey.

The other issue I have is that cops hang with other cops, so the problem is compounded. When I go to say a bbq with a girl I'm dating her friends for the most part are gonna be from all sorts of walks of life. Not if she's a cop...that bbq is gonna be solid blue..and so is the conversation. Boooooring
 SwampHunter
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/17/2008 1:09:31 PM
There's one I know I would if I had half a chance! lol Then again my dad was a cop when I was a kid, so I know how they are... I'd be fine with it... even if she could out shoot me!

Mark
 nasty51
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2008 6:27:24 PM
Someone's job would never put me off someone if I liked their other qualities.
 nevadaphil
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/18/2008 1:35:44 AM
Sure!............Why not date a cop? But I seriously doubt any LTR would be in the cards,for me at least!
 platypus_man
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 4:11:28 AM
Another generalization coming; sure, 'some' guys will date lady officers. Some won't. I would, but I've found that even women who go into macho professions are only looking for macho guys. I used to think that those women might understand guys in female dominated professions, and maybe they do. But even if they accept it, they're not attracted to those of us who appear in any way less masculine. Double standards live on. We're expected to still be attracted to you, but not the other way around.
 Cantankerous_Hermit
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/18/2008 6:56:51 AM
Sure, especially if she had access to the evidence room. Filled with goodies to delight any mans Christmas wish list. The question is, would she date me after a search on the NCIS?
 Orlando000
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/18/2008 7:01:53 AM
It's always been my dream to meet a lady cop. If you have any single lady cop frends, would u get in contact with me? rolandap@hotmail.com
 da5thletr
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/18/2008 9:07:22 AM
LOL are you serious? Guys would date a female statue... My brother is a cop and my best friend's wife is a cop and she was a cop while they dated. She is a fine person, a great friend, and an excellent wife to my friend... The majority of the time it depends less on the job and more on the people involved. In this case, the people involved are you and the type of men you choose to date...
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/18/2008 9:35:16 AM
Hell yeah! Police women are cool! Whimpy and shallow guys are stupid to let that bother them! Have that woman check me out (larry2135) I cant believe thats an issue! It just shows that she has guts and caracter! Some women are in the military! These Dumbasses (the guys) watch too many movies! Thats cool! That leaves more oportunity for me! larry2135 ( I cant believe people are that stupid)
 tv710
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 9:48:45 AM
Ive dated two female cops. One a detective the other a nyc cop...Great girls ! No issues there. they were both real nice and not "cop like"...meaning arrogant, ect.
 HappyGreySquirrel
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 10:06:56 AM
OP, I do wonder about:

"yeah so your gonna use those handcuffs on me tonight?"

Yet your profile is headed "bullets and bracelets"?
 FloridaMusicMan
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/18/2008 10:34:43 AM
I spent many years in and out of the Military wearing a badge.Tough way of life and tougher on your partner.Alot of Officers try to match up with someone doing the same job.Again very tough.Some make it and some dont.All I can say is thanks for your dedication to your career and best wishes in your search.
 dcamnc
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/19/2008 10:58:46 AM
I'm one, so of course I'd date one.
 madskillz99
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 11:01:51 AM
In your case, a tough female cop from the Bronx, hellz yeah I would date you. But then I'd never dated a New Yorker before.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/19/2008 2:09:52 PM
I would not; male police officers are very high are very high on the list of those that get divorces and commit spousal abuse. I'm sure female cops have big issues too.

Its a very stressful job, plus there are obviously those cops that are not good ones. It leads to tons of stress on and off the streets. I wouldn't date one in a million years.
 bigshrek
Msg: 69
Posted: 7/20/2008 1:17:29 PM
Date 'em? Heck, they're MARRIAGE MATERIAL!!

Let's see...you can take her to the range and enjoy a whole day out there with no kvetching except for when ya run out of AMMO!!

When you see a bad guy doing something felonious you both get to race to see who shoots them first!!

Mixed martial arts practice gets rather...intense...especially the grappling! Gotta love proper foreplay!!

Cuddling up on the couch & watching "Dexter" on TV and pointing out where he screws up.

And female cops do have one little bad habit, they DO want a guy that most closely resembles their nightstick...not so much in length, but circumference!!

And if she happens to be a K-9 trainer...your yard is the safest EVER!
 Skipe Townne
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/20/2008 1:35:32 PM
Absolutely. positively. they make wonderful dating experiences, just bring your own handcuff key and tell a close friend where you're your going in case things get rough.

actually dealing with perverts and deadbeats all the time. my female cop friends require extra special handling and the dates were all a normal guy would expect especially the foreplay.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > would guys date a female cop?