Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > Parasail over Newport & Frolic at the Balboa Fun Zone - Sun. Aug.10th      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HBPatti
Msg: 1
Parasail over Newport & Frolic at the Balboa Fun Zone - Sun. Aug.10thPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)

LET'S GO
P A R A S A I L I N G

It's summer let's get together and frolic at the Balboa Fun Zone

Sunday, August 10th
10am to ?????
Balboa Fun Zone
Newport Beach, CA 92661

~*~BALBOA FUN ZONE~*~

*Check out Balboa Fun Zone double click above*

PARASAIL OVER NEWPORT & MIX and MINGLE!!!! You don't have to parasail to have fun! We can all hang out and have lots of fun!

HARBOR CRUISES of NEWPORT BAY

FROLIC IN THE FUN ZONE: Arcades, Bungee Trampoline, Ferris Wheel, Merry-go-Round, Food Booths, Cool Shops, pizza, corn dogs, ice cold lemonade, hamburgers, ice cream, soft water taffy, cotton candy and tons more stuff!!!!

SUNDAY BRUNCH 10am - 2pm at Newport Landing next to the Fun Zone

BEER, WINE & SHOOT POOL at the NEWPORT SALOON

~*~NEWPORT PARASAIL~*~

*Check out NEWPORT PARASAIL double click above*

~*~DIRECTIONS TO NEWPORT PARASAIL~*~

*For directions to NEWPORT PARASAIL double click above*

PARASAIL:
* Single or Tandem
* See Newport Beach from 500 feet in the air!
* U.S. Coast Guard licensed captain will take you on an ocean adventure of a lifetime!
* Entire ride lasts 1 1/2 hours.
* 10 to 15 min. 500 feet above Newport
* $80 per person or 6 people at $66.66 each
* $40 to ride in the boat, pay a few dollars more and go up, up & away!
NOTE: these prices include a $5.00 gas surcharge.
* Boat of 6 leaves every other hour from 10am to 6pm staerting at 10am then 12noon, etc.
If you are planning on parasailing please tell us what time you want to go starting at 10am...first come first served & we're starting at 10am! (6 people per ride)
located at: NEWPORT PARASAIL, 510 E. Edgewater, Newport Beach California, CA. 92661 (949) 673-7200
YOU CAN CALL AHEAD AND MAKE YOUR PARASAIL RESERVATION

HARBOR CRUISES:
* The Fun Zone Boat Company curently offers 45 & 90 min. narrated cruises to the
harbor, homes, yachts, sea lion tours and whale watching
* 45mins. $14 & 90 min $$17, Senior (60) 45 min. $11 & 90 min. $13
* Group of ten or more $2 off each person
* Kids are $7 and under 5 are free

SUNDAY BRUNCH:
* $27.95 per person
* Specialty Drinks & Martinis, Beer & Wine
* Newport Landing, 503 E. Edgewater, Newport Beach 92661
* 10am to 2pm inside or outside seating next to the Parsailing & Fun Zone
* Gets busy call ahead for Reservations (949) 675-2373

BALBOA FUN ZONE:
* TONS OF FUN STUFF TO DO
* Bungee Trampoline, Ferris Wheel, Merry-go-Round, Arcades, Games,
Food Booths, Shops, Clothes, Purses, Boutiques & more!

NEWPORT SALOON:
* Opens Sunday at 10am
* 700 East Bay at Washington (1 block from Fun Zone)
* Beer, Wine, Sandwiches and Pool Tables
* Anyone wanna show the girls how to shoot pool?

PARKING:
The earlier you get to the Fun Zone area, the easier it is to get parking.
METERS: There are a lot of meters but they use a lot of coins...nickles, dimes and quarters...18 mins. for one quarter, it can add up to a lot of change for a few hours parking.
BALBOA MUNICIPAL PARKING LOT: Located accross the street from the Fun Zone and best of the parking. Located at corner of Palm and Bay.
COSTS FOR AUTOS: 50 cents for 20 min. or only $8 for the whole day up to 24 hours.
MOTORCYCLES: 25 cents every 20 min. or $4 for the whole day up to 24 hours.
Parking may be the problem depending on what time you plan on arriving for our Frolic in the Fun Zone.

MISC INFO:
A few of us are planing on getting there early and hanging out together. There are wooden benches on the Boardwalk so you can bring breakfast with you and linger with the rest of us while we sit and "people watch". there are plenty of little stores and booths for shopping and food.
An ATM machine is in the Fun Zone to get access to more money, we never have too much money lol! and there is also a Cold Stone Ice Cream shop...yum!!!!
It's going to be a casual and fun Sunday, if you have any questions please email me (HBPatti) , Rita (Rosey604) or Don (mugwumps1948) and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Let us know if you are planning on parasailing and what time group also how many guests you are planning on bringing. If you have any questions please email me and I will get back to you.

WE WILL MEET BY THE THREE BENCHES IN FRONT OF THE HARBOR CRUISESS DOCK AND ALSO LOCATED IN FRONT OF THE FUN ZONE! PARASAIL NEWPORT IS TO THE LEFT OF THE BENCHES AND ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FERRY. It's always fun to meet new people and hang out for a few hours! Some of us will be there at 9AM, if you want to come early!
HBPatti
Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

bert11369

Canuck43

chs_senior06

filthy_cute_coquette

HBPatti

Heatherjj

hotgeek

imk22

Kaiser28

mugwumps1948

mykesull

ocscorpio18

poison63

Rosey604

salsarockroll

stugotz72

sweetsouthern/tn

variablex4

weewee4me

yoursminenours

20 people are attending
 Rosey604
Msg: 2
Parasail over Newport & Frolic at the Balboa Fun Zone - Sun. Aug.10th
Posted: 7/13/2008 7:23:48 AM
Hi Patti,

Really looking forward to this event!
Note to all going - get there early....parking is very difficult!!!
 Rosey604
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/13/2008 7:26:25 AM
Did I mention that I wanted to co-host ????
 HBPatti
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/13/2008 11:17:33 AM
Hi Rita,
Thanks for your help...you are now a co-host!
HBPatti
 Mugwumps1948
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2008 12:31:49 PM
NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO

I refuse to help co-host such a fantastic, outstanding, wonderful, stupendous, exhilarating, phenomenal, and FUN event.

DON'T SAIL PATTI
DON'T SAIL PATTI
DON'T SAIL PATTI

Does it make sense to jump out of a perfectly good boat and sail above Newport Beach?

YEP

OK, go ahead and put me as a Co-host
 HBPatti
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/13/2008 3:09:05 PM
Hi Don,
Thanks for helping to co-host this fun frolic, of course you will be taking photos of the fun...Right? Don and Rita, we did have a great time in Newport several weeks ago and want other POGFers to also enjoy the fun and frolic at the Fun Zone in Balboa...OK Don...when is your event to host...Rita, I'm still waiting to hear about your Redondo Beach event!!!!
When you parasail...it's from a trampoline at the back of the boat and the wind makes you go higher and higher...you never touch water unless you are so happy from flying 500 feet over Newport that you want to jump over the side of the boat into the water to celebrate...isn't that so Don???? lol!!!!
HBPatti
 salsarockroll
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/13/2008 10:30:11 PM
I have been waiting for this.
 kaiser28
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/15/2008 12:59:50 AM
Hi Patti,

I have been waiting for this. Count me in again on this one. Patti, I have a pic of you and Steve and me from the skydive I will give you when I see you again. I may be bringing 3 guests. Will know more later. This will be an awesome summer day together.

love ya,
Julie
 RedsHaveIt
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/15/2008 6:09:51 PM
This sounds like so much fun!! I don't know for sure, but definitely going to try and make it.
 sparklineyes
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/17/2008 10:55:25 AM
I would love to attend sometime, unfortunately I won;t be able to attend this one.. :( I am in Centarl Cali, fresno area, anybody close to me?

Laurie Ann ;D
 Heatherjj
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/18/2008 12:24:05 PM
Going to try to make it Sounds like so much fun!!!!
 yoursminenours
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/19/2008 12:38:11 PM
Hi Patti,
Count me in and put me in a boat! I want to fly! Is there going to be a set table for the brunch of POF'ers? That would be great! Have another member signing up today too...Love the POF events!
 HBPatti
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/19/2008 11:20:29 PM
Hi yoursminenours,
No, there's not a group set for the brunch...it's really for anyone who wants to try it...it's kind of pricey so I don't know if the people parasailing will have the brunch. Knowing a lot of the people who have already signed up for the parasail (most did the skydive June 8th) I think they are planning on parasailing and probably will be in a group hanging out at the fun zone and then go to Newport Saloon. The people already signed up are really AWESOME, friendly and very "real". and we hope to add a lot more friends to the group...I have many new friends from the POF events. We are looking forward to meeting you and your guest.
HBPatti, Don and Rita
 yoursminenours
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/20/2008 11:41:53 AM
Thank you Patti for your reply. Good info! Are you already taking reservations for the parasailing rides? What times are available? I know another POFer who is going to sign up to sail also. Please reserve a ride for me.
Sounds like a wonderful day~I can't wait! I have attended one POF function and loved it and am signed up for two more already. You are right when you said that there is a nice group of people. I have referred many that I know to this site. I have a friend whos brother was just recently married to someone that he met on this site. Awesome!
Have a lovely day!
Lori
 HBPatti
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/28/2008 10:14:17 AM
Those of you who want to parasail....YOU CAN CALL AHEAD AND MAKE YOUR RESERVATION!!! Call Newport Parasail and say you are with the POF group:
(949) 673-7200.
HBPatti
 could it b u 1
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2008 8:11:59 PM
Hi HBPatti,
I'm going to do my best to make this event. Ive only been on here a few weeks,so I hope to meet some new people. I can't do the Parasailing,due I just had lower back surgery a few months ago,but I hope to hang out and mingle...thank you
 HBPatti
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/4/2008 8:18:19 PM
Hi could it b u 1,
Not everyone is parasailing but with the hot weather a few of us decided to just get together, hang out and do an event where we can meet new friends...every event I have gone to, I have met great people and now have many new friends...Please join us, we look forward to meeting you!
Take care,
HBPatti
 Mugwumps1948
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2008 10:33:14 AM
Hey all you non flying wimps........

CHANGE #37 1/2 THE BOAT GOES OUT EVERY 2 HOURS......LET'S GET ON THE 10 am BOAT. There is no 11 am boat. The next is at 12 and other folks have that one already

Make your reservations for Parasailing early.

There are 3 so far for the 10 am boat we need 3 more!!!!!!

We can get to know each other and say HI on the boat or after the ride

That way we can get a discount is if there are 6 in our group, on the boat, at one time.

See ya in the air
 salsarockroll
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/7/2008 12:09:32 PM
I signed up for the 10 am. boat. They had no clue about a POF group.
 HBPatti
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/8/2008 12:18:58 PM
I am also signed up for 10am! I will be getting there about 9am...if anyone wants to join me early!
HBPatti
 kaiser28
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/8/2008 6:16:26 PM
Sorry Patti,

I won't be able to make it on Sunday. I hope you all have a great time.
 HBPatti
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/9/2008 12:20:36 PM
As of 12noon Saturday there are still 4 openings for the 12noon Parasailing group.
HBPatti
 salsarockroll
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/10/2008 8:02:53 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm sorry I missed this event. :( I had signed up and was ready to go, unfortunately I pulled a muscle on my leg on Saturday, which prevented me from joining you. I called the parasiling place and left a message. I hope they passed the message on. I was looking forward to seeing all of you again. I'll just have to wait for the pictures to be posted and join you at the next event.
 Mugwumps1948
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2008 9:53:11 PM
Sorry you were injured. You missed a great event. Take care of yourself...... maybe next time.

Don
 Mugwumps1948
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2008 9:53:55 PM
Pictures posted

Enjoy
Show ALL Forums  > California  > Parasail over Newport & Frolic at the Balboa Fun Zone - Sun. Aug.10th