Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do Babes dig ugly guys?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why do Babes dig ugly guys?Page 1 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
Yikes, this is gonna get ugly. (No pun intended!)

I think you have things confused. Personality does not "go for a little while".
It's looks that fade, the personality sticks around.

Besides, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just because you thought he was ugly doesn't mean she does. IE I think Rob Zombie is gorgeous and most think he's beastly.
 rockchick24/7
Msg: 3
Why do Babes dig ugly guys?
Posted: 7/15/2008 6:02:27 AM
Agree Metal Vixen.

Plus, in my experience, very good looking guys know they are, and as a result are are vain, conceited and have a complete inability to laugh at themselves.

Maybe the ugly guy made her feel like the most wonderful woman in the world, maybe he made her laugh, maybe he was HOT in bed. Who knows! It's not your place to judge whether someone should find another person hot or not.

Just sounds like sour grapes to me OP.
 Stonefoo
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/15/2008 6:04:42 AM
I dont ask why, I just go with it. Some babes even dig us ugly "balb" guys!

CherylCake
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/15/2008 6:09:06 AM
Maybe they met in highschool when she was all zitty with braces. In the 80's I had a thing for geeks. One time I was in a club with my now ex, and he was coming from the bar, and this guy next to me says, "Ha, lookit that guy, he looks just like Clark Kent" I informed him that was my husband, and we both had a giggle, cuz it was true. I still have a thing for the engineer geek.But not totally.
 Traveling Man MS
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/15/2008 6:40:29 AM
I don't get upset when I see this, it just gives me hope. And it's obviously not true that "babes dig ugly guys" or I'd be beating them off with a stick. Okay, I wouldn't beat anyone with a stick, I'd let them flock to me, but it's just not true. It's a rarity when it does happen and good for them.

I'm just glad I'm not "balb", whatever that is.
 rockchick24/7
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/15/2008 6:51:53 AM

no sour grapes here! I'm a happy guy, I can get a babe too.

Well why don't you ask the girls who go out with you then?
 nebula22
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/15/2008 6:52:17 AM
I have to agree that it does make me wonder why so many gals come on to me in real life.. " computer dating is a fantasy not real life.."

I'm as ugly as sin but good looking gals like me anyway. Even gals that are so young it makes me blush.
Who knows why women do what they do???
 edster1224
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/15/2008 6:52:19 AM
First off, it's been my overall experience that while a few beautiful women will date ugly guys, most do not. Just like wealthy people typically date other wealthy people and so on. There are some exceptions but it's probably a small percentage.
Secondly, the attractive women who date "ugly" guys must have a reason for it. Perhaps the women don't see they guys as being unattractive for one. I joked about hooking up the woman I was dating once with a guy who had his body filled with tattoos and piercings. She actually thought that was attractive and I thought, "What the Hell is wrong with her?" Perhaps too, the woman doesn't see herself as being attractive in the first place. I've seen a lot of women who think they're ugly just because they're not slim. If a woman thinks she's unattractive then she's more likely to date a guy who's "unattractive" like she is.
Thirdly, do you think a person's personality is going to change? Just the fact that you even made that comment dumbfounds me! You're obviously a very shallow kind of guy. You seem to put a woman's attractiveness above all else. Has it ever occured to you that a very hot woman is much more likely to cheat and be a **** and be whiney and needy? Gorgeous women have a tendency to be pampered and to get their own way. Semi-attractive and ugly women tend to be more normal, down-to-earth and willing to compromise. What happens to you have that beautiful trophy woman on your arm whom you're proud to show off, but in private she hates sex and doesn't put out? Better yet, what if she's really attractive, but very dull and you have little in common or not much to talk about? I would much rather have a woman's who was a 5 with a personality of a 10 then a woman who looks like a 10 with the personality of a 5.

Ed
 kevinmach
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/15/2008 6:52:29 AM
Why would a babe date an ugly guy?

They don't.

I won't beat you up to badly for making this statement since you're not the only one to bring this theory forward. But think about-how often do you really see a cute girl with a ugly guy? Yeah, occasionally it happens, but not very often. It just sticks out in your mind more, known in statistics as a sampling error.

(and please, please, please- refrain from chiming in about some Hollywood couple you can think of, like Mutt and Shania - that's not the same, I am talking real world here)

And because I have a theory that guys tend to settle- I actually think I see more ugly girls with decent looking guys (i.e. the guy could do better). But I don't really think either scenario is nearly as common as the OP is making it sound.

I have dated the muscle-bound, fancy car, good looking guys and they were all self centered egotistical jerks. We would go out and it was all about them, how much money they had, had all the girls looking at them, and treated me like shit. Was not fun. In my late teens to mid 20's I was attracted to that type a guy.

Now this I have seen many times. You basically treat each other like objects (or as you said, like shit). He can do this because he is good looking and has other options. You are treating him like shit by only appreciating him for money, looks, and status.

One of the things I learned over the last 2 years of dating and talking to a lot of woman, was how looks are less important to them. You know, the one about how guys are more visual but girls look for deeper qualities? Well, my experience has been that this is only half true. Woman are just as critical of looks as men are, but in a different way-it may not be the absolutely first thing they notice about you, but when they assess that aspect (eventually, they will), it better be there. And the part about them being interested in the other qualities is still valid.. you need have those too, whereas it's enough for a girl just to be cute and have a half way decent personality.

Anyway, look around mate. You're not seeing as many ugly guys with cute girls as you think.
 Seafarer227
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/15/2008 6:55:09 AM
I could be completely wrong here but, maybe it's because there's more to a person than a photo in a profile and some people (men & women alike) appreciate that.
 Fire_Sign_333
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2008 7:10:35 AM
Hmmm did anyone think that maybe the reason some attractive woman date less then attractive guys is because they may feel safer and secure. I mean in the cheating department, maybe she feels like she could trust a less then hot guy, the guy may think "wow shes sooo pretty I would never mess this up". Im not sure how many "ugly" guys with a hot babe would want to be playing the field or looking elsewhere.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/15/2008 7:42:41 AM
Oh, dear goddess--the nice men complain that they can't get any women; the young women complain because the old women steal their men; the fat people of both sexes moan because they can't attract anyone; the old men whine because they can't get young chicks . . .

. . . and now, someone can't understand why an attractive woman would be with an 'ugly" man.

I dont mean disrespect. I dont mean to sound shallow with this question

That might not be what you mean, but wait! Asking why a woman would pick an ugly, bald man over an attractive man IS disrespectful and it IS shallow, so you do sound that way. You continue to be shallow, stating you can see why a woman would be with a man for money. There are names for women who hook up with men for money, and men consistently call them those names in these forums.

cause he has a great personality? again, that goes for a little while, but long run?

I really want to believe that your whole post is facetious, but in case it isn't, have you ever stopped to consider how long good looks last? Personality and intelligence will last a lot longer than a pretty or handsome face and a nice body.

OP, I might be wrong (it happened once before) but I think your real question is why this pretty blond woman didn't immediately leave her ugly BF and come with you. There are a plethora of reasons why she might have been with him: Maybe his personality is fantastic, maybe he has an animal magnetism that you can't detect because you are a man, maybe he has a huge penis, maybe his sexual prowess is breathtaking, maybe he isn't shallow, maybe he makes her laugh until she pees her pants, maybe she is shallow and insecure and thinks she can't get an attractive man, maybe he is rich and drives a Honda Civic for other reasons.

Maybe beneath his ugly exterior, he has a heart of gold, is compassionate and kind, and is not only a nice guy, but smart and generous.

Maybe he is all things that you are not--just in a plain package.

Maybe it is because he can spell "bald" correctly and doesn't judge people by the cars they drive.

Who knows?
 kevinmach
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/15/2008 7:48:37 AM
Eazk, I am can appreciate your commitment to the Mystery Method, but there is one thing you said that's completely inaccurate.

Girls don't judge based on looks.

This yard stick of judging based on appearance is always present. It might bend a little for some other really great attributes, but very few (men or women) can date someone they aren't physically attracted too, even if it's only a little.

What I would agree with is that it may not be there primary motivation or a long lasting one, but it's still there and it's not really any less critical than it is for men. Choice or not.

Most of what you said is pretty accurate-- but I don't know of anyone saying, nor do I believe, that looks don't matter, or that you won't be judged on them. It's not insurmountable if you don't have them, but it will make your life a lot easier if you do.
 EagleEric
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/15/2008 7:50:19 AM
Well to be sure of your premise we'd have to round up all (or a good sample) of these beautiful babes with ugly guys. Then we'd have to have them judged by a carefully selected panel of judges to deterrmine if these babes are beautiful and the guys are truly ugly!

On the other hand, it might just be sour grapes on your part. In other words, your current babe isn't as hot as you feel you deserve? Well my advice is to keep trying.

The Eagle
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/15/2008 8:33:02 AM
everlast toronto, I didn't look at your profile before I posted my first response, but I was VERY surprised when I looked at it afterwards and saw your age as 34. The thumbnails often give no clue as to how old a person is, and truthfully, by the way you write and by the question you asked, I thought you were in the late teens to early 20s range.

If you haven't figured out some of life's mysteries--one being as to why an attractive woman would be with an ugly man--you need to start thinking beyond the end of your nose and consider the deeper meanings of life. Here are some logical fallacies based on your post that you might want to consider:

1. How many babelicious women are really with ugly men?

2. "Ugly" is entirely subjective, and what is ugly to one person might not be ugly to another.

3. Beauty fades: barring Alzheimer's and a few other diseases, intelligence and personality don't.

I am truly surprised that a man your age would even wonder about something like this.

its a discussion topic, why do people feel the need to defend and attack?

You called us ugly, fat, and bald people useless. Obviously, if we are not raving beauties, in your world, we should slink around, climb into our Honda Civics and drive off into the sunset, back to our ugly spouses and ugly kids. Did you honestly think that spouting off about ugly people would NOT get you a backlash?

A handsome or pretty face without a mind behind it is boring. It is like receiving a beautifully wrapped box only to opening it to find it empty.

And if you really want to know, why didn't you ask the beautiful blond woman why she would stoop to be with an ugly man?

I wish for you the beautiful woman of your dreams, but for the beautiful woman, I wish a man who will satisfy and fulfill every need/want that she has, even if he is butt ugly.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/15/2008 9:02:02 AM

I am ugly and good looking guys ask me out. they love my sense of humor and caring heart..
maybe she felt this way about him too

You are so not what you state here. I agree ~ sense of humor and caring heart is much more vital than the outter shell we walk around in.

~OP~ I'd much rather date a great guy in a hatchback than an azzzhole in a Hummer. Good grief. And I agree with Gwen. I didn't read your profile, just the lingo throughout this thread ~ and it suggests someone in their 20's to me (if we are going to overgeneralize/stereotype here.) Maybe it's time to take a look at your own internal workings before judging those you deem: ugly, bald and bordering on over-weight. It really does scream of insecurities when one bashes others. I taught my son that concept when he was about age 6 ~ he got it.
 ***blue***
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/15/2008 9:13:50 AM
It's the hair nebula22.

Op there is more to relationships than looks.
 OutMind
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/15/2008 9:16:21 AM
I consider myself an ugly guy. I simply do not have the looks. Yet, I have to say that I have gone out with a great number of incredibly good looking women. Once you start relating with this type of women and get to understand them, somehow you attract them. But once you've gone out with women because of their looks, you begin to look for beauty elsewhere. Yes, she has to take care of herself but you begin to seek those whose beauty is from within. Women with depth. And you know what? They are out there.
 celts123
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/15/2008 9:20:12 AM
Most women ( and men as well ) would not date someone that they think is ugly. However when there is an attractive woman with an ugly man, here are some possible reasons for it.

1. The man is rich.
2. The man became less attractive after they started dating.
3. A woman is attracted to men that many other women would consider to be ugly.
4. A woman has low self esteem about her looks.

Some people have stated that men care about looks more than women do. IMO that's not true. Women generally care about looks just as much as men do. Most people will care about looks to some degree although some people ( regardless of gender ) will care more about looks than other people will. The major difference is that some women would date an ugly man if he was rich. I also think many people would date an average looking person because of personality.
 _Icon_
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/15/2008 9:26:23 AM

They pick the guy that they actually like, not one that looks good (prompting many “I don’t believe she’s with him” remarks from other jealous men)

Forget about it...or go ask her out...but for god's sake, be a man about it.

Pretty much, yeap.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/15/2008 9:45:29 AM

Hi Gwen, I like reading your posts and think your great.

I am fantastic, but that is beside the point. :)

the older I get, the more I see how brutal the world is. people are mean, selfish, and I dont beleive that people will forgo a persons looks cause they are so great.

You are the right--the world is brutal, but as I grow older, I see the necessity more and more of just simple kindness. People who are attractive and mean deserve each other. However, I have met as many "ugly" and mean people as I have attractive mean people. People are shallow, regardless of how they look. I just read the profile of a man who is fat and has vacuous, empty eyes--you would term him "ugly"--yet whom does he seek? A "sexy, attractive" woman.

but you cant deny that people are treated differently based on their looks

Of course people are treated differently because of their looks; I used to weigh 250 pounds; I know from experience how unattractive people are treated. But what is it we strive toward? Is is outer or inner beauty? Is it a gracious and lovely soul with a warm and inviting personality, or is it a face and body? When we speak of attractive people sticking to their own "kind," what are we promoting? Should we be thankful that our children are good-looking because we want them to be treated differently, or do we want them to develop that soul and personality?

Shouldn't we be striving toward a world where people are not treated differently because of the way that they look?

And I am not without my own shallowness--looks DO count. I would not date an obese man for several reasons, but if I saw a beautiful woman with a fat man, I wouldn't wonder why but think that there is something in him that she sees as . . . beautiful.

But if he is crass, nasty and rude, I would think that he is rich and he is buying her; again, they deserve each other

your statement says you took my word very personally, for that I'm sorry, nothing was aimed towards you

Nah, I didn't take it personally because although I am a bit plump, I don't consider myself unattractive. Some people might think I am ugly; others would think I am not. Some people would take it personally, though, and my crusading spirit takes up the banner.
 rogerrabbitrr
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/15/2008 9:46:00 AM
OMG!!!!
My profile headline reads "God's gift to females"
Think I should change it to shallow & vain?
 SwampHunter
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/15/2008 10:10:13 AM
Man OP - that was pretty shallow...lol I'm one of those guys... I've dated some beautiful women, but I'm obviously not Brad Pitt or George Clooney either... The secret? It is understanding that many beautiful women care less about how hot you are, or how much money you make, and more about how you make them feel when they're with you...

Also - when you're a hot guy, and your relationship goes south, do you sit around and wonder, "What did I do wrong?", or "What could I have done better?", or "What changes do I need to make so this doesn't happen again?" Probably not. Why bother!? Just snap your fingers and "presto", you have a new girlfriend... Well, not all attractive women are that shallow, or that willing to put up with a shallow man...

Mark
 JamesP166
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2008 10:23:03 AM
People hate it when people get so into themselves - -

just like a really hot woman that knows it, Her clothes, her hair style, etc. They way she walks, We can see her a mile away - - - and men flock to her - - - I let them and go my way.
As she is not my type - - - she knows she has her pick and if she tires of you - - there are 50 or more men ready to take your place - - - - be ready to open your wallet.

And women see the same in men - - - -they know the type. - - - -
The ones that brag about money, Know how to play a woman, are into themselves - -
Like Ladies - - here I am - - - come to me, and let my pick which one that I like for the weekend - you can be assured of being pleased - - -

but where is the aspect of life beyond - - the surface - - where is any sharing and relationship development - - - is this all beyond these people - - - it seems to be .

Jim P.
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 52
Posted: 7/15/2008 10:24:44 AM
Why does it matter to you? For all we know she might have thought her boyfriend was absolutely gorgeous, or looks don't matter to her. Women pick men for a variety of reasons, all of which won't be apparent when you see a couple walking down the street.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do Babes dig ugly guys?