Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How many men vs women have been stood up?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 4
How many men vs women have been stood up?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I stood up a first date because I learn bad things about him from friend and did not want to see him. Was wrong of me, I should have cancel, but the things I learn were true so I had less guilt.
 littlehuneebee49
Msg: 6
How many men vs women have been stood up?
Posted: 7/19/2008 6:49:58 AM
Isn't this ironic that this thread should show up the day after I get stood up! This was to be our first date and supposedly we were BOTH looking forward to it with hopeful anticipation. This has never happened to me before. I don't know why I was naive enough to let myself get caught up in all the incredibly sweet things that he had said to me, but it made it that much worse when he didn't call or leave me any sort of explanation. He is a NO CALL-NO SHOW! (Isn't that right DON from Reisterstown?) It doesn't feel nice to be stood up. I would never do it to someone else. We are all supposedly adults here, if you change your mind or something comes up, just TELL the person!
 arwen52
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 2:50:05 PM
I've never stood anyone up, but I called off a first meeting half an hour before the appointed time because I found out the guy was lying about his age. It was someone from another site. I haven't been stood up by anyone from this site, but I've been stood up twice in the last two years. The first really taught me a lesson: don't give up something you'd like to do and drive a long distance to meet someone for the first time.
 Randominternetguy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 3:45:29 PM
Now this goes back 6 1/2 years, but I've only been left hanging twice in that time.

However, cancelled within 24 hours, I would have to say somewhere around 15. And so far, I haven't done either one. And I certainly hope that doesn't change.

Bob
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/19/2008 9:14:47 PM
I just got stood up tonight! Not sure why yet, but I am sure she probably had a good reason ... I mean, she has two kids and we all know how things can come up all the sudden when you have kids. No biggie, I got to listen to some good jazz music and drank a heavenly carmel mocha, heavy on the whip cream. What? A guy can't like foo foo drinks?
 Miss W
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/25/2008 9:57:25 PM

Interestingly, he's now back up on POF with two different profiles in two different cities with a different marital status listed on each site, AND he has been playing peek-a-boo with my profile.

Uh, Dude ............ WAY lame.

Hmmm...perhaps he needs to be reported to the administrators....walking away whistling and with hands in my pocket....for I know nothing about this subject.
 celts123
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/26/2008 10:38:55 AM
I have stood up once. I met some woman at a local bar / club. We went out once. Then she stood me up on the second date.
 Boricua Papi
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/26/2008 11:39:30 AM
To avoid being stood up just maintain CELL PHONE COMMUNICATION" throught the time you are going to meet! Don't just plan to meet some one at a bar or any place with no communication. "I'm on my way", "I'm here", "I'll be there in 20 minutes".

Don't just go to the place and wait hoping that person shows up. This is the age of cell phones, text messages and on the go Internet. There is no reason to just go wait for someone at a place hoping we don't get stood up!!
 Boricua Papi
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/26/2008 12:11:36 PM
My Holy Bedroom! Three times stood up by the same guy?? Self pride went on leave lol
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How many men vs women have been stood up?