Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Texas  > Do you date interracially?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sunnychic78
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Do you date interracially? Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
i've only really dated one black dude... but after a couple of weeks I decided he was a bigger girl than I am and dumped him...

I' m not suprised he came out of the closet a few years later....

But I've never really had the chance or had the inclination since to date interracially.

I'm usually only attracted to white guys.... Not all the time but 99.99% of the time.

So I just go with that.
 TheL0grus
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Do you date interracially?
Posted: 8/26/2008 3:06:42 PM
I don't really have a choice. I'm mixed Korean, Italian, Polish and German. Anyone I date would be considered interracial from a sociopolitical stand point.
 magonohoney2
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/6/2008 5:36:55 PM
Yes. I do date interracially. Because, as what my aunt-sisters stood for and died for what has been passed on from my generation to generation is to always be strong minded and stand up for what you believe in. So, I feel my African -American men has not been able to accept the African-American Female strong personality.So therefore, alot of African-American Females find that acceptness outside their race, that African-American Females feel loved, accepted for their beauty and for their strong ,powerful personality from someone outside their race,and when you feel loved, beautiful, from someone and mix it with a strong, powerful mind, you have nothing but, strong and good love.
 magonohoney2
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/8/2008 3:33:24 PM
I have to say you are right and If there were alot more like you, especially here in San Antonio, Tx were it is to over- populated with hospanics it would be so much easier to try to understand people. And by the way I think you are very handsome.
 teknishn
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/11/2008 9:49:12 PM
Heck no! There is only ONE race this guy will date! Homo Sapien!

Now... as for what ethnicity I'll date... no preference. No one I know (close friends or family) would have a problem with me dating an ethnically "different" person. I'm about as "white" as it gets, but I'd never turn down a date with a gal based on the color skin she was born with. I love 'em all!

t.
 bldrnnr67
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/16/2008 10:13:22 PM
As the lyrics go..."free your mind, be colorblind."

I've always answered that question with, "My race is human, if you are outside of that, I'd have to think about it."

I've dated a very wide variety of backgrounds and ethnic makeups over the years. Family hasn't always approved of most the things of done, including my first marriage. I'm more interested in my happiness, however, and whoever I am dating than what my family thinks. In the end they still love me, even if I'm a bit eccentric and more open minded.
 faith2565
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 2:34:25 PM
Honestly, I have only dated black men on a serious level.

I have gone out with other men. If my sons were to marry outside of the race it would not bother me at all.

I have one sister and two step sisters and two step brothers. I am the only one that has dated only black men seriously. I often wonder what would it be like if I would open my mind. My entire life is and has been interracial.

I guess I have not met anyone outside of my race that made me just stop.

But, then I have been practicing celibacy for almost 10 years, so I am not the one to ask. I have been so busy going to school, raising my sons and living life. My sons tell me it is time to step outside. They are going to put me on a television show and force me to date.

Have a blessed day!
 jb1966
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/19/2008 2:03:04 AM
no i would not.i dont belive in it.if the lord wanted us to date interracally he would have mad one race.
 faith2565
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2008 7:08:23 AM
Well I guess I must go on a date.
 wadexoxo
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2009 8:27:28 PM
Do you date interracially? Yes
How long have you dated interracially? for about 15 years
Has your family's reaction been good, bad, or ugly? Who Cares!! It's my life
If you've lived/worked in other places, is Dallas like most other places in terms of the reception you get when you appear together as a couple? I and hopefully my counterpart could care less about what others think, or say or the look. The best way to deal with these people who have personal problems is to glance at them, and smile.. They don't know how to handle this.
 faith2565
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2009 10:48:34 AM
I am thinking seriously about it.
 odbwab
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/12/2009 5:16:12 PM
yes,and guess what we got married,OMG what have i done.guess what my son does also,and i have a beautiful grandson by him and his wife,guess i didn't bring him up right according to the racists,well KMA.

you date ,marry,or whatever who you feel good with.if you say you only date your own race fine,but don't look down your nose at the people who do,its thier choice not yours.my family has not ever had a prol with it.

oh when the the little woman and i get the" look" we kiss and touch even more .
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/16/2009 8:31:51 PM
Yes, I have for 15 years now, and since I am a self-supporting, mature adult over the age of 21, I don't give a damn what ANYONE thinks about my choices except ME!
 Cajunangel
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/18/2009 10:52:36 AM
I don't... but it's not because of race or society, as the gentlemen stated above. It's my preference and what I'm physically attracted to.

We all have our own preferences of what we are attracted to and what we look for in a person we want to date.
 RobWulf
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/19/2009 3:40:46 PM
In simple words, yes.

I see no reason to deny feelings for another person just because they are a different skin color, now if the have a tail or flippers its off. I only date humans.
 HtownGreek
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/24/2009 8:46:36 PM
yes ok that was too short.. so 'yes'
 ljohnson79
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2009 1:10:50 PM
Why would you care what others think about you and someone of another race, color, or creed, for that matter?

You define your significance.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/22/2009 2:28:29 PM
i only date decent white women who only date decent white men.
 Solitairesway
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 2:21:42 PM
I totally agree with truly blesses. But I am open to the right individual, regardless of color.
 WFforDarkMate
Msg: 101
Posted: 5/9/2012 8:17:07 PM
Have dated only interracially since teen years. not attracted to white men. my family doesn't care.
 WFforDarkMate
Msg: 102
Posted: 5/9/2012 8:19:35 PM
actually there is one reference to interracial dating in bible. moses' sister and brother objected to his interracial marriage to a midianite, and God gave her leprosy and removed the brother from his office as pastor until they repented of their prejudice and sin and accepted his wife. kind of clear that God don't play the 'race' card.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2012 10:51:55 PM
"God don't play the race card....."

I LOVE IT!
Show ALL Forums  > Texas  > Do you date interracially?