Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How big is it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Greyfeld
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How big is it?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
The same reason 90% of women won't tell a guy her dress size.
 thewalrusx
Msg: 5
How big is it?
Posted: 7/22/2008 5:36:53 PM
Well if the guy is small I'm sure you can understand his embarasment. there's certainly no more immasculating comment than isults about his penis.

On the otherhand some girls will turn down sex (and justifiably so) from guys when they learn how big they are.

So its hard to be just right for every women.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 9
view profile
History
How big is it?
Posted: 7/22/2008 6:21:10 PM
If I try on a hat, I know how big it is. You had sex, and you DIDN'T know how big it was?
I really don't know what to say about that.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 11
view profile
History
How big is it?
Posted: 7/22/2008 6:35:05 PM
We don't usually buy things for that region so we have no reason to KNOW the size?

I think if we get comments like "you're hung like a horse" or something similar we have a pretty good idea we're bigger then the average bear, but beyond that...who takes out a tape?

How did YOU find him?
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 12
How big is it?
Posted: 7/22/2008 6:36:43 PM
If it was great and you were both satisfied, who cares how big it is?? i've never asked a man that question, but have had a few tell me 'upfront' about their endowment!

h0ldfast
Msg: 14
view profile
History
How big is it?
Posted: 7/22/2008 7:33:13 PM

Is this something that we are not supposed to ask?

Yes. "Is it in?" is another question you might want to avoid.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 21
How big is it?
Posted: 7/22/2008 10:14:45 PM
OMG to funny!!!!!! This reminds me of my first boyfriend, once night we had been going at it for awhile and he just stops and runs out of the room...so I was like where are you going and he says "Im going to get a tape measure this is the biggest I have ever seen my****.

I had no idea how important****size is to men but since then I have found that those who are willing to share the information (unasked for) are proud and those who dont..arent. I have also found those who *Thought they were the biggest and thereby the best...werent...

Its the person, the chemistry that is important..not the size of the****..but I also feel he thought if he told you 5 inches if you would think differently of him than if he told you 8 inches...he sounds like a wise man to have not told you anything.
 mcbobly
Msg: 25
view profile
History
How big is it?
Posted: 7/22/2008 11:11:42 PM
Hmmm, you have both become FWB's, you haven't seen it yet? What the hell does it matter if you were both satisfied, as you said you were. Geez, just be happy you have someone you can be with and enjoy the experience.
 TheWeekdy
Msg: 31
view profile
History
How big is it?
Posted: 7/23/2008 6:15:42 AM

???
you didn't see it?
how the?
hmm...

Yeah seriously?!

What?
 WpgGentleman2
Msg: 44
How big is it?
Posted: 7/24/2008 4:13:35 PM
Back in 1976, before AIDS, before even herpes became prevalent, I knew this girl, a nursing student. She would bed guys and measure them, length and circumference. Her goal was 100 guys in a year, and by mid-October she'd met her goal.

No way you could do that now and not catch a lethal disease I expect.

I can't imagine what a woman would do if I pulled out a tape measure in bed.
 WpgGentleman2
Msg: 45
How big is it?
Posted: 7/24/2008 4:22:27 PM
If you look at female human breasts and compare them the breasts of great apes or monkeys you'll see they are many many times bigger. For C cups and up, in non-nursing, non-pregnant women, very little of them is mammary gland. Mostly they are fat.

Mostly of a human breasts volume is like a rooster's comb or a peacocks tail. The function of all the extra fat in the breast is sexual attraction.

Which is why a chimpanzee or gorilla mother has no trouble breast feeding with her normally AA breasts when the time comes.
 abelian
Msg: 47
How big is it?
Posted: 7/24/2008 7:07:02 PM

Is this something that we are not supposed to ask?

You can ask, so long as you don't mind getting a ruler and measuring it yourself.
 Frisky Monkey
Msg: 54
How big is it?
Posted: 7/25/2008 1:05:31 AM
No, 90% of women won't tell a guy her dress size cuz she's overweight.
 WpgGentleman2
Msg: 66
How big is it?
Posted: 7/28/2008 1:22:54 AM

Is there a standard method of measuring this item?

It varies by country and culture.

I've read, in the USA black men traditionally measure along the underside, and while white men traditionally measure along the top. The average underside measurement is 9 inches, and the average topside measurement is 6.5 inches, blacks being on average 1/10 of an inch longer either way.

I have no idea if that study was done in the New York, California, or the entire US. There could well be regional variations.
 WpgGentleman2
Msg: 67
How big is it?
Posted: 7/28/2008 1:31:06 AM

You got to an adult toy store. You but one of those rubbery traffic cone things about the size of a lava lamp. You ensconce it in your vagina as far as you can and measure the distance and the circumference of the cone at that distance. Now you know how LOOSE you can get. Assuming you don't need a panty liner every day, we know that you can get water-tight, so there's no need to measure tightness.

From an engineering point of view, I was thinking you'd have to fill the vagina with water, drain the water out, and measure the volume of drained water.

But that would probably include the volume of the uterus too, leading to an incorrect measurement.

The other question is, since vaginas are elastic structures, there is the volume capacity of the vagina, and the volume capacity under pressure. What would be the correct pressure for the water to be under to correspond with normal active vaginal usage?
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 71
view profile
History
How big is it?
Posted: 7/28/2008 9:33:00 AM
Grip it like you would a baseball bat, i.e. 2 handed, one over the other.

If you can still give him a BJ, then he is above average in length.

If you have to remove one hand to give him a BJ, he's average in length.

With no hands.....well...at least you won't have to worry about your gag reflex....

This is assuming you don't have freakishly large or small hands of course.

wvwaterfall
Msg: 73
view profile
History
How big is it?
Posted: 7/28/2008 8:10:39 PM

Is there a standard method of measuring this item?

I once heard a way to standardize such measurements - slide the cardboard tube from a toilet paper roll over it and measure how far it protrudes or doesn't from the end of the tube. This eliminates the debate over measuring along the top or the bottom... Relative thickness can also be determined this way. If you gotta slice the tube lengthwise to take the measurement, you're thick.

Dave
 Lifeismycanvas
Msg: 75
view profile
History
How big is it?
Posted: 7/28/2008 10:29:04 PM
is this a joke? like seriously you've had sex with this man several times yet you have absolutely no idea how big he is?
 BIGLOUMARINI
Msg: 78
How big is it?
Posted: 7/31/2008 12:50:09 PM
did you also ask him if it was in yet?
 mthomjmark
Msg: 81
How big is it?
Posted: 8/10/2008 3:57:37 PM
Usually people that say and do whatever they want and say,"thats who I am" are pretty insensitive and self absorbed.

Why would he tell you? Your question makes you look like a 15 year old. I think its EXTREMELY immature.
 whytwater
Msg: 85
How big is it?
Posted: 8/28/2008 4:54:02 PM
If, at that moment, you had asked me, I'd have thought you were a sprightly, playful wench, and invited you to measure it, with the explanation that its size was a situational thing, and directly proportional to the allure of the woman before me, and her sexuality. Then I would ask you how deep your well is, and expect the same measuring privileges. Honestly, I've never measured myself.
Maybe if I just lied to you, it would grow!
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 88
How big is it?
Posted: 8/28/2008 7:50:39 PM
Put it on the metric system??
OK__
Kilopeter
:-P

It's an old joke, but I finally got to use it here.
 sloopus
Msg: 95
How big is it?
Posted: 8/29/2008 3:03:07 PM
anything within reason is acceptable to ask. i had a female ask me and i had no problem telling her. he must be on the very small size or he not only would have told you, but it would be a big turn on knowing you were interested enough to ask.
 whytwater
Msg: 96
How big is it?
Posted: 8/30/2008 6:57:54 AM
Rebel, just took the liberty to check you out. Sox batgirl. LMAO You're a hoot! And a woman straightforward enough to offer up a butt shot without being asked? With ample wit and hippie flair! Very difficult to believe you are not inundated with offers.
As for OP, she's doing just fine, as playful women usually do.
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 98
How big is it?
Posted: 8/30/2008 9:14:32 AM
Was he a wannabe Plumber in Ohio (I still swear my Jack Russell has a bigger one). Some men claim to have big tools...and are embarassed to say the truth I guess. I don't think it is a matter of us ladies should not ask...we are just as curious as some guys are about us and our body parts...the guy I had met and thought was "the one" used to tell me it was like the size of a dill pickle. It was more like a mini Gherkin...(those tiny tiny ones, and no I am not kidding) and I am sure it was out of pure embarassment......I actually added my swimsuit pic just so someone can get see how I am built on top...I have no problem discussing my body, it just depends on who I am discussing it with...:) How is it that you were laying there with him and not have a general idea of the size???
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How big is it?