Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > UFOs - I hate to say      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 1
UFOs - I hate to say Page 1 of 1    
but..........

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24070088-13762,00.html

"FORMER NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens exist.
And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned "we would be been gone by now".

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

I've been a UFO buff and amateur researcher for a couple of decades now and it's about time someone with real credibility had the guts to cpme out and tell the truth. Anyone who bought into the ridiculous nonsense the military came out with after Roswell is simply naive.

I hope that, now, serious scientists (not on the inside loop already) will come forward and demand the truth. You would be amazed what information and technology the defense department has squirreled away. The people have a right to know considering this is the single most important scientific revelation in the history of the earth. NOW what say you?

marita_b
Msg: 2
view profile
History
UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 7/12/2009 5:55:49 AM
does anyone really believe that we could have taken thousands of years to finally get something to fly,.....and in a mere hundred plus years get to where we are today with the technology most of US don't even comprihend how to use??????

I mean honestly people,.....

but how nice would it be to have one rumour that wouldn't go away finally be confirmed in the positive,....can I live that long
 marita_b
Msg: 3
view profile
History
UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 7/14/2009 8:03:16 AM
I just hope they hurry up and take a bow before we stupid humans destroy each other over stupid things like,....
my God better than your God,...or killing each other for oil,...

or

maybe that's what they are waiting for,.....whoah ha ha ha ha
 Outdoor2
Msg: 4
view profile
History
UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 7/18/2009 1:19:34 AM
"Stunningly claimed"?
The hubris to claim we are the only ones is far more stunning!

If *they* have the ability to see us without us seeing them perhaps they're waiting for *us* to grow up!
 marita_b
Msg: 5
view profile
History
UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 7/20/2009 10:33:15 AM

perhaps they're waiting for *us* to grow up .

I know if I was them I would consider us far too volitile and predictable,...
and if they have been paying attention to global politict,....they know that we lie to get what we want,...and that the friend we embrace one day , may just be the leader of the country we invade tomorrow,... if it suits our purpose,.....likewise the enemy we consider today might just be our frind and ally tomorrow,...

so if we can't trust one another,....what makes us think an alien would,...or indeed should?
 MotownSingleGuy
Msg: 6
UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 7/21/2009 8:58:39 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the number of UFO sightings has gone down in roughly equal proportion to the number of camcorders going up?
 marita_b
Msg: 7
view profile
History
UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 8/7/2009 7:16:55 PM
these folks might disagree,...

http://canadaufo.blogspot.com/2009/01/canadian-ufo-sighting-reports-551.html

HBCC UFO Research* and *UFOINFO* together have received 551 written and audio UFO sighting reports from January 1, 2008 up until December 31, 2008 and in 2008 we received more reports than we did in 2007.

and that's only Canadian sightings

but the reason may be the same,....now that I think of it
 susan_cd
Msg: 8
UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 9/19/2009 8:53:38 AM

HBCC UFO Research* and *UFOINFO* together have received 551 written and audio UFO sighting reports from January 1, 2008 up until December 31, 2008

Which proves nothing other than 551 written and audio reports were received.

Anyway, it's a little known fact that bigfoots ( bigfeet?) produce a gaseous form of bioluminesence; that's what the unexplained lights in the sky air
 msquared
Msg: 9
view profile
History
UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 9/21/2009 12:18:55 PM

Perhaps, but she wasn't showing this to prove that 'we are not alone'. She was refuting a claim that the number of sightings have gone down since camcorders became common.
 susan_cd
Msg: 10
UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:11:35 AM

"FORMER NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens exist.

To paraphrase Carl Sagan, "great claims require great evidence". Dr. Mtchell can claim whatever he wants to, but that doesn't prove anything. Religious people around the world claim there's a god of some type,but that isn't proof of a god existing.

A claim is proof of nothing other than you are claiming something, it isn't evidence. Anyway, I'm sure that he is right, aliens DO exist ( it's a big universe). But have they ever visited Earth ( or our solar system)? No evidence exists to support that claim.
 msquared
Msg: 11
view profile
History
UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:36:22 AM

But have they ever visited Earth ( or our solar system)? No evidence exists to support that claim.

Then how do you explain Carrot Top?
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 12
view profile
History
UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 9/23/2009 6:32:39 PM

Perhaps, but she wasn't showing this to prove that 'we are not alone'. She was refuting a claim that the number of sightings have gone down since camcorders became common.

What I find interesting is that with camcorders, cell phones with cameras and motion capture ability, municipal cameras everywhere, digital camera with still and video capability, etc etc etc. ubiquitous in this society and many others, why hasn't the number of alien (OK, UFO) sightings gone up dramatically. Have they suddenly gone into hiding?

The math doesn't work out folks. Too many variables, small probabilities. The galaxy too large, speed of light fixed (yeah, that whole e=mc squared thing [damn, how do you superscript here?] . I'm willing to settle for an IFO, identifiable flying object. Show me the ______________.

TK
{I'm a skeptic, so sue me. I've also got more scentific and engineering education and experience than 99.9% of the mopes on these boards. I trust my gut}
 sum1reel
Msg: 13
UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 9/26/2009 4:46:26 PM

I've been a UFO buff and amateur researcher for a couple of decades now and it's about time someone with real credibility had the guts to cpme out and tell the truth.

@OP

whatever credibility Mitchell might have had before he made this statement has been shot to pieces...if these statements truly came out of his mouth, they the most unscientific, & unsubstantiated bunch of drivel i've heard from someone who clearly should know better.

Btw, the issue isn't whether or not there are extra-terrestrials but the way in which one goes about making such claims.
 susan_cd
Msg: 14
UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 5/4/2010 11:58:00 AM
Just wondering, is there a record somewhere of the # of UFOs sighted & reported ( in North America) back when air traffic in North America was temporarily grounded directly after the 911 terroist attacks?
 Soul Union
Msg: 15
UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 8/9/2012 10:44:49 PM
The signs are increasing. The lights in the sky will appear red, blue, green, rapidly. Someone is coming from very far and wants to meet the people of the Earth. Meetings have already taken place. But those who have really seen have been silent.

Pope John XXII-1935

They know,Its about time that we all know. The Cover-Ups are so blatant that anyone with any bit of common sense can see through. James Forrestal,William Cooper,JFK All killed for what they tried to expose. - julianizm

Exactly, Julianizm.

The trouble is, you're wasting your time. Too many folk on here with talk about Easter bunnies and bars of chocolates and The Hulk and rubbish like that. The fact that alien entities have been visiting this planet for thousands of years, that highly respectable people, including former President Jimmy Carter, and NASA officials, have seen UFOs of all kinds, despite the numerous scholarly books written about the subject, the old Easter bunny keeps coming up. It's all they want to talk about. The Easter bunny and the Tooth Fairy. Ah well, let them have their chuckles. They think it's funny. Give the experts on the subject their Easter bunnies. They know what's right and what's not right, and we bow to their superior intelligence.

- Peter
 marita_b
Msg: 16
view profile
History
UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 8/21/2012 3:02:23 PM
I kind of like the idea that we are the aliens and this is all some big elaborate cosmic test,...
one that I suspect we are failing miserably,.....

I find it the ultimate hubris,.....for anyone to say that life only exists on this planet and no where else especially when you consider
the millions of species each with millions of sub species in every part of this globe including places that until very recently we knew
life could not exist but does,...like the dead sea,....etc,....and yes some will say but we are talking about intelligent life,....
but then again who knows what will become intelligent in the future say 10 or 20 thousand years from now,....or it might not even take that long,...

we started with "LUCY",....there are creatures living today that have already surpassed Lucy in their development,....
none of us will ever know,....but we can wonder,....
 PGL7
Msg: 17
UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 12/11/2012 10:34:34 AM
Love the Foo Fighters!
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > UFOs - I hate to say