Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Most horrid, painful way to die?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 untamed one
Msg: 3
Most horrid, painful way to die?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Arthur Jarrett , chased off a cliff by a large crowd of nearly naked women in motorcycle helmets ...
Padre : " Arthur Charles Herbert Runcie MacAdam Jarrett, you have been convicted by twelve good persons and true… of the crime of first-degree making of gratuitous, sexist jokes in a moving picture."
 ~JustSimplyMe~
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Most horrid, painful way to die?
Posted: 7/27/2008 4:38:58 PM
Seeing as how my father dies when his house burned down, I have a feeling that would be the worst way to go.
 You go first
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/27/2008 6:10:32 PM
Wasn't there some ye olde execution for traitors that involved peeling off all their skin? and then if the shock didn't kill 'em, they were disemboweled? and if THAT didn't kill 'em, they pulled their arms and legs off with ropes attached to horses? Holy Braveheart, Batman..... ew.
 You go first
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/27/2008 6:39:57 PM
Suddenly I have the image of the Black Knight in Monty Python's Holy Grail movie.... "c'mon, it's just a flesh wound........"
 rockondon
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2008 12:56:01 AM
forgetting your wife's birthday.

Seriously though, burning is so cliche. I've read of some far more interesting ways that people have died (well...killed)
Being hung up naked and spread eagle, and having someone take a chainsaw, start at the groin, and work their way down. Apparently you live until it reaches the heart.

Being tied with a spear below you, so it slowly goes deeper inside you as gravity pulls you. Takes a fairly long time.

Handcuffed, hands behind your back, and a cage on your head with two starving rats inside. The exciting part is when they eat away your eyelids so you can watch them come for your eyeballs right after.

Buried up to your neck and covered in honey next to a colony of fire ants.
 rebel777
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/1/2008 3:06:23 PM
I think just out of respect this thread should no longer be.
 Xavery
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/1/2008 5:20:48 PM
Okay - this is what I think. The most terrible way to die would be like one of the 6 million Jews died during the Holocaust.
 Merrylass
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2008 6:01:48 PM
I suspect being stabbed and having your head cut off wasn't a whole lot of fun.
 Xavery
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/1/2008 7:58:32 PM
I think I just thought of a really awful way to die - at the hands of Hannibal Lecter. Remember "Silence of the Lambs." Remember in one of the sequels - I think the 2nd - when good old Hannibal was eating that guy's brains out while the guy was still alive and sitting at the dinner table. I think that might be the most horrid way to die.

And then there is a real life event that occured in Manitoba this week. Someone was riding a Greyhound bus and the guy beside the rider started stabbing him or her and sawed of his head. I am not making this up.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

And I swear I am not a morbid person, but with a question like this what do you expect?
 Xavery
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/4/2008 8:08:31 PM
FAS - You didn't have to read the thread.
 Cynderella
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2008 11:36:12 PM

forgetting your wife's birthday.

Yup had to kill a few ex's for that one...it was only horrific for them.
 flyin-high
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2008 9:43:15 PM
64% of all dead people surveyed said that they would prefer a gun shot to the head over being burned alive.

If we don’t like it the first time, do we get a “do over”?
 Xavery
Msg: 51
Posted: 8/6/2008 9:57:44 PM
^with all due respect, I believe it is 67 per cent.

Years ago, a lifeguard told me that people who have nearly drowned experience it as pleasant. He told me about this woman who could not swim and almost drowned. She liked the way drowning felt when she started to lose awareness. After this, she developed a phobia of water and was scared that she would go back in the water and try to drown to recreate the sensation of drowning.
 flyin-high
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2008 11:57:02 PM

she developed a phobia of water and was scared that she would go back in the water and try to drown to recreate the sensation of drowning.
I’ve heard that before. My understanding is that huge amounts of adrenaline and other chemicals are released which cause that sensation of euphoria… drug addicts typically die chasing that same feeling.

I apologize for the inaccurate stats… dead people are so unreliable!
 Webstad
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2008 4:54:35 PM
I think anything out of the Saw movies would be tops in my books. Anything where you are either being torn apart in full consciousness, or forced to tear yourself apart in panic, knowing that if you fail you will be blown to pieces. Being eaten alive from the inside would be quite painful too.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Most horrid, painful way to die?