Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Meeting Up In Person      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cheezychuck
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Meeting Up In PersonPage 1 of 1    
I have been on this site for a few months trying to do the whole dating thing. Now i don't have to much of a problem getting the chatting session going. But the problem is the actual meeting in person thing. Is this normal? I'm sure these females get approached by guys in there normal day life. So what's the difference between the net, then meet, then just random meeting someone?
 dannyr0697
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Meeting Up In Person
Posted: 7/27/2008 10:25:49 PM

Wonderful opinions LADIES above in this "Ask A Girl" thread!!

Too funny. There sure are a lot of "ladies" in need of a shave on this "Ask A Girl" thread.

Good one forumbuddy!!!

L8TR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 3
Meeting Up In Person
Posted: 7/28/2008 10:51:24 AM

So what's the difference between the net, then meet, then just random meeting someone?

For me, it's not about safety. When I meet someone in real life at random, the attraction is established before I even start talking to a guy...it's much easier. There's no rejection, because you weren't looking, and you usually never talk to someone you're not into in the first place, nor do they ever talk to you if they aren't into you...at least not with the intention of dating them.

Online you can talk to him first, then find out you have no attraction to him at all (or for those who are on the other end, they won't be attracted to you)....and it happens quite frequently. You begin to figure that in the end, most will end up this way...
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Meeting Up In Person