Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Saturday, Sept. 6th 2008 ~ 8:00pm      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 1
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Saturday, Sept. 6th 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ FunkyTownPage 1 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Saturday, Sept 6th @ FunkyTown

Important Update (last updated 9/6/2008)! The open and closing times along with the cover charge have changed beginning Sept 5th. So make sure to check out those items so your not surprised! Also some people are going to be meeting for dinner prior to heading out to FunkyTown. If your interested in getting a bite to eat and meeting some of the members prior to going to FunkyTown. This is where and the details:

Buffalo Wild Wings
9490 E. Highway 350
Raytown, MO 64133
816.313.BWWW (2999)
Approximately 6 pm until 7:30 pm

FunkyTown is reopening and it's time to get our funky fix in. Therefore, once again we are going to head back out to FunkyTown for another great POF meet & greet event! Not only is this weekend the re-opening of FunkyTown, but it's also the opening weekend of the NFL season and in week 1 our Chiefs start out in New England against the Patriots. Start making plans now to come out and join us and make some new friends, meet some familiar faces and help celebrate the September birthdays and the opening of the NFL season. The color of night will be the colors of the Chiefs. But make sure to check out the dress code posted below! These events are a great way to celebrate your birthday, and you know POFer's are always searching for something to celebrate. Anyone and everyone are always welcome to come out and hang out. Come and join in on the fun, have a drink, do some dancing and have a lot of laughs.

FunkyTown is the best mix in town! You can party with old/young, fat/thin, guys/girls, every combo possible. Fun to go alone or bring a group. The zoo is where you go to watch the animals... FunkyTown is where you go to watch the people. This place is the bomb! Especially, if you like the retro type music of the 70's and 80's. They serve appetizer type food, and it's pretty damn good. The drinks are reasonably priced, and they are not skimpy on the alcohol. You get your monies worth when you party at FunkyTown. They have a "Stairway to Heaven" area which is a sofa-filled balcony area that over looks the dance floor. The dance floor is huge and has two go-go style cages for you dancers to strut your stuff in. Two bars... lots of bartenders and waitresses. Everyone fits in at FunkyTown. It's a really great place to party. Therefore, start making your plans to come out and join us. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come out and join us to have a few drinks, dance their asses off and partake in lots of laughing. So grab your friends and head on out and join us for some fun. Relax, mingle and make some new friends. No pressure, no expectations.

Time & Location Details :
8 pm to close 1:30 am!
FunkyTown
8300 Blue Parkway, Kansas City, MO. 64133
You'll end up turning onto Blue Pkwy Drive off of E. 63rd St. and then follow it around to the Funky Town entrance.
(816) 737-3865

Seating: We have 100 seats reserved under the Plenty of Fish name for this event! The reserved seats will only be held until 9pm at which time the signs are picked and anyone can grab them. So come early and help save tables/seats. FunkyTown can only hold 600 people maximum so get there early! Bring cameras if you have them and take lots of pictures, so we can post them and show everyone all the fun, they are missing!

Cost: $6.00 cover charge. FunkyTown cards everyone so don’t forget to bring that ID with you!

Dress Code: No hats except cowboy hats, no jeans with holes in them... you know, the ones with big holes in the knees or on the ass that the women like to wear, you can wear sports shirts/garments as long as there are "no" number's on them, all men's shirts must have sleeves and no gang related attire allowed.

NOTE A: FunkyTown is now a non-smoking club. To accommodate the smokers, FunkyTown has a smoking area. They are opening up the patio doors back by the pool tables to allow the smokers the ability to go outside and smoke as needed.

NOTE B: The doors open at 8pm and the music starts around 9:15pm. The 8pm to 9:15pm time frame is the perfect time for you to meet new people, make new friends and dancing buddies, before it gets wild and crazy.

NOTE C: The ultimate goal here is to meet and make some new friends and to just have fun. Keep an open mind; first impressions are not always correct. Be prepared to approach the group. We are generally very friendly to new people, but we can't always tell who is there to meet/join the group. (Sometimes it is easier to come with a member who has been to an event before, or if you are uncomfortable approaching the group, approach an individual who will help introduce you to the group.) You can always approach the event organizer "Host" and ask them for help. We usually have people that will introduce you around if you want or need that. This is not intended to be a hook up meet even though that could happen for some. And again you must remember, these meet and greet events are what "YOU" make them. "YOU" have to take some initiative and say hi and make yourself known to people. So when you come, look for tables marked Plenty of Fish, say hi and grab a seat. Be yourself and have tons of fun, that is all we ask. You don't even have to be a member of any site to join us... ever. So grab a friend or two and come on out.

NOTE D: IT IS NOT REQUIRED FOR SOMEONE TO SIGN UP IN ORDER TO COME OUT AND JOIN IN ON THE FUN. IF YOU WANT TO COME OUT BUT DON'T WANT TO SIGN UP THEN DO IT. EVERYONE AND ANYONE IS WELCOME, SIGNED UP OR NOT, MEMBER OR NOT! The sign up thing is just to help us get an approximate number of how many might come and how many seats to reserve or try to save.

People are welcome to discuss this event and post any relevant comments/suggestions and or ideas they may have. Constructive comments are welcome. Bashing, insulting, or slamming the event or other posters will not be tolerated and those posts will be deleted ASAP. Thank you.

Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

barb1969

caligal_38

Charlene0729

dancenightly

daphnekc

drammaof2

eric53

fulloflaughs76

funtime57

gigi046

hoopsmom

hotkmr73

jcw0054679

JeffD63

joekc

joypassion

juleekh

justg2u

kat_in_kc

kcblakangel

kdbugg

libertymogal

lifelighter

longlicking3

malinda45

mileaminute10362

mmgood65

mmm2008

Mr Gummischuh

msk1454

newadventures251

nocomplications

pegluvsflags

rmbhc8

sk1hummer

smile4u08

storasian64

strikemaster

thingamabawb

walkw/me

Woodsman100

41 people are attending
 Charlene0729
Msg: 2
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Saturday, Sept. 6th 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ FunkyTown
Posted: 7/30/2008 4:52:58 AM
DID SOMEONE SAY FUNKY TOWN???
I've been missing FUNky Town all summer.
 GiGi046
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Saturday, Sept. 6th 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ FunkyTown
Posted: 7/30/2008 6:47:27 AM
I have so missed Funky Town.......glad to hear they're opening again can't harly wait......
 SecretFormula09
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/30/2008 7:39:39 AM
To accommodate the smokers, FunkyTown has a smoking area. They are opening up the patio doors back by the pool tables to allow the smokers the ability to go outside and smoke as needed.

The patio was opened for Funky Town's last weekend before the remodel..It was actually fun...Smokers and non-smokers alike gathered in the area....Nice way to meet people that you might not otherwise meet...You are able to conversate and no one is a stranger back there....Really friendly...I spent most of my time that weekend back on the patio...And I love to dance so that says it all.....See ya there!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/30/2008 7:57:33 AM
They are actually re-opening on Friday the 5th so if anyone happens to drop in that night, please feel free to post about any noticeable changes in the place. I am off that Friday night and might make a trip down to check it out myself. And yes Gary said they opened the patio doors that last weekend and everything went smoothly and the smoking banned didn't hurt their business any. My schedule is changing at work starting August 1st. Sadly, I am losing my 4 10's and going back to 5 8's with Saturday and Sunday off but I'll only be working 12pm to 8:30pm. FunkyTown has requested that we do some of our events on Friday nights rather then Saturday's so once my schedule changes I will be posting a lot more Friday night events at FunkyTown since I'll be half way there any way .
 SecretFormula09
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/30/2008 8:02:39 AM
I will be there for the re-opening on Friday, Sept. 5th...Looking forward to it...Actually, I have been counting the weeks down...Seriously...Anyways, Ill post after I get home that nite but I wont give away any of the surprises....I am hearing good things though and I am excited! Our Funky Town will be better than ever!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/30/2008 8:14:13 AM
I know they are repairing the roof and putting in new bathrooms or at least repairing the bathrooms. Not sure what else they are doing. But looking forward to getting back out there and having a good time.
 SecretFormula09
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/30/2008 8:39:53 AM
Me, too! Funky Town is one-of-a-kind-fun! We always have a good time with this group wherever we go, but I do love Funky Town.......
 Soonergirlinkc3331
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2008 12:54:01 PM
I signed up, but this is a maybe due to this is not my kid free weekend.
 hoopsmom
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/30/2008 3:16:14 PM
I like Fridays better as well! Have you heard if they are changing the type of music?? or will we still get our "retro fix'"???

the teach
 JustG2U
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/30/2008 3:34:19 PM
They ripped out the old bathrooms and put in all new. From what my friend that is doing the work told me.

And NO Funky Town isnt changing the Music.. I couldnt Imgaine FT doing anything but Retro!!!

I will try to be there Saturday night.

I love me some Funky Town
 kdbugg
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2008 6:59:46 PM
Great! It will be a lot better without all the smoke. And guess who's birthday is on that day?
 Charlene0729
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/31/2008 4:39:44 AM
Hey Moonshine - I've been down in KC almost every weekend. Hanging out at Michael's, geocaching etc... Last weekend we went up north for the hot air balloons (my annual birthday weekend thing). We do meet up on Sunday mornings for breakfast once in awhile with others - just give us a call.
Funky Town is the best because people go there to dance Other places are ok but with Funky Town the dance floor is always crowded so the "non-dancers" can get out there & hide out - not worry about everyone watching their dancing skills.
I just luv Funky Town!!
 pegluvsflags
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2008 4:26:03 PM
Kay.......Is that YOUR birthday??????? I can find out from Eric you know!!!!
 kdbugg
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2008 5:54:55 PM
I will be 53 on the 6th of September and could not be happier about it!
(the alternative sucks!)

Eric and I will be going out for dinner than we should be there.
 joypassion
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/3/2008 10:00:43 AM
I am going to try and come this time.
 malinda45
Msg: 17
view profile
History
First POF event for me!
Posted: 8/3/2008 10:01:53 AM
I have not attended any events. I live in Wichita, so it will be a short dirve. Is this a mixed club? BY that I mean... are all races welcome? What is the medium age of the people at this club? Thanks!
 Soonergirlinkc3331
Msg: 18
view profile
History
First POF event for me!
Posted: 8/4/2008 3:12:52 PM
My maybe has turned into a YES!!! Can't wait to see everyone!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 19
FunkyTown.....
Posted: 8/4/2008 8:56:48 PM
Majority of the people in the club are Caucasian, but it is a mixed club. The ages range from 21 into the 50's and 60's but the night's we have an event out there the median age range tends to be around 40.
 Charlene0729
Msg: 20
First POF event for me!
Posted: 8/5/2008 10:32:34 AM
OMG Angel -- "iron out wrinkles" - you're too funny. Maybe if you're real nice she'll introduce you to the SBH
 kdbugg
Msg: 21
view profile
History
First POF event for me!
Posted: 8/5/2008 4:10:59 PM
My eyes are offended!
Can't believe I read the whole thing.

He must be a good guy to share a b-day with me.
Angel give him an extra SBH from me ok.

I plan on celebrating my b-day that night so we may as well have a party!
 kdbugg
Msg: 22
view profile
History
First POF event for me!
Posted: 8/5/2008 4:39:56 PM
Yep I was there. So was Angel. This time when you are at Funky Town. You should introduce yourself to people. (lesson to all) Angel is my twin. You got to say hey to see which one is which.
(clue Kay can't give sbh's)

Looking forward to having fun at funky town!!!
 kdbugg
Msg: 23
view profile
History
First POF event for me!
Posted: 8/5/2008 4:59:14 PM
1/2 doses! That is so not right!
Kay don't because saving all my sbh for my special Eric!
 Soonergirlinkc3331
Msg: 24
view profile
History
First POF event for me!
Posted: 8/5/2008 5:14:48 PM
Hey Ladies, it has been way too long I can't wait until I see all of you too. All you newbies come out and join us, it will be a blast!!!
 ImissDaleSr
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/6/2008 8:11:05 PM
Who know's, I may actually show up to this! Gummi, and Angel, be ready!
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Saturday, Sept. 6th 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ FunkyTown