Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Why Is Elvis Never On Classic Rock Radio?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RDtoo
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Why Is Elvis Never On Classic Rock Radio?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
When I was in high school in the early 70s, nobody considered Elvis to be a Rock and Roller anymore. He was doing "middle of the road" pop songs. I guess his status to Rock and Roll was kind of like that of a former major league ballplayer. It was something he used to be able to do.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 8
Why Is Elvis Never On Classic Rock Radio?
Posted: 6/15/2005 6:54:49 PM
I agree, 50's-60's musci isn't part of the mainstream of "classic rock" stations,those so called classic rock stations mostly refer to late 70's- 80's "rock".On yahoo radio, The11x7marathonman plays oldies in the oldies mood settings.
 airplane_geek
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/15/2005 8:08:27 PM
I think that in smaller markets, radio stations tend to play more and varied music, whereas the larger markets are more specialized in a certain genre. Around here it's all pre-programmed garbage with no true variety because the market here is huge.
 2findU
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2006 1:48:08 PM
Elvis is "Oldies" 50's music. What I consider to be classic is from about the mid 60's to '78. The rock music that came out during and after Disco just isn't "classic" to me. Actually that's sort of a generalization because there was good rock then too. But that so called "New Wave: stuff came out during the Disco period and I didn't think it was too good. Then I learned that a lot of it was just 50's rock remade. So then I dubbed it "Old Wave". But the stuff I do consider "Classic Rock" that is after my definition would be rock from bands that predate Disco anyway. And from their musicians that did solo acts too, like Pink Floyd's Roger Waters and David Gilmore for example. And there were newer artists that played rock like classic rock style and innovation such as Stevie Ray Vaughan. Plus I like other newer artists like Joe Satriani, Kenny Wayne Shephard and Steve Vai. Well that's my version.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Why Is Elvis Never On Classic Rock Radio?