Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Starting the email conversation      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CMonster
Msg: 2
Starting the email conversationPage 1 of 1    
I hate to tell you this but if your initial emails are anything like this post I'd say that you're sharing way too much information. It's readily apparent that you're on the rebound and what that typically means is that you're looking more for quantity than quality to regain whatever you were missing in your marriage.

Which brings up another thing, until the divorce is finalized, you're still married. Sure you may be going through the process but it's not uncommon for the process to last multiple years for whatever reason. It's just another flag which will make women wonder about your availability (both emotionally and legally).

But if you must go forward and write to women while you are still married I'd stop focusing on going on about yourself. You already have information about you in your profile, right? So why not write about why you were inspired to write to a particular woman? You're not just writing to them because you think that they are hot are you?
 wanderbaby
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Starting the email conversation
Posted: 8/1/2008 1:49:08 PM
join a local single parents group for support and interaction.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Starting the email conversation