Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Leaving your open purse in the shopping cart....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jd28spot
Msg: 1
Leaving your open purse in the shopping cart....Page 1 of 1    
Any of you ladies ever do this without thinking?
Yesterday, while out shopping, as I approached the checkout I noticed that the young lady (I would guess early 30's) in front of me had left her open purse......wad of cash in plain view, sitting on the top of her cart. Her back was turned towards the purse and she was talking to the cashier, I doubt she even knew I was behind her.
I wanted to tap her on the shoulder and explain to her that this isn't a very wise thing to do but, being that I'm an "old fart" and she was a youngin', decided to bite my tongue and let it go. Ladies, if this had been you and I had spoken up.....do you think you have taken offense or given thanks for the unsolicited advice?

Yes, I know.....question has nothing to do with dating so will probably get deleted....I was just curious. FYI: for those of you wondering....NO, of course I didn't take her money!
 kimber88
Msg: 2
Leaving your open purse in the shopping cart....
Posted: 7/31/2008 9:59:41 PM
No, it would not offend me.

I used to carry my purse in my daughter's diaper bag, and the bag was usually zipped shut. One day at Wal-Mart, I wasn't paying attention that the diaper bag wasn't zipped and my purse was in full view. When I went to the check-out to pay for my items, my purse wasn't in the diaper bag. Whomever took it got away with my ex-husband's paycheck I just cashed (over $700), and $40 in Cracker Barrel gift certificates, so yes I would have appreciated someone letting me know what an idiot I was before having to find out the hard way...

Two days later, a woman's seven-year old son found my purse under a clothing rack--minus the money and gift certificates of course. I didn't have to get a new drivers license or a new social security card and I got back my pictures of my daughter. Oh, and the change was still there!

Now a days I don't carry a purse. I keep my money (and only what I need for whatever I'm doing) and my license in my front pocket.
 jd28spot
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/1/2008 3:27:29 PM
Thank you all for the input....hope I never see this again but should I do, I'll speak up.
(I take my elderly mother shopping and it seems like she's always walking away from her cart, leaving her open purse right on top.....I have to constantly watch out for this)

Happy fishing to you all
JD
 cb994266
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/1/2008 4:49:18 PM
I don't usually have my purse open in a store unless I am at the checkout counter, but I often leave it in my cart if I am not going too far away. There isn't usually anyone else around, and there is virtually no crime here. Heck, most people in the area don't bother to lock their cars or houses, and we even leave the keys in the ignition when they are parked in front of the house. I would hate to live somewhere where I had to constantly worry about safety.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Leaving your open purse in the shopping cart....