Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Illegal Immigration and The Upcoming Election: What Impact will it ha      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ManeRider
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Illegal Immigration and The Upcoming Election: What Impact will it havePage 1 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
Surprisingly, a thread search turned up nothing regarding this issue America is faced with.

source--------- http://www.defend-america.net/id9.html

Facts about illegal immigration

1. $11 billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens
each year by state governments. Verify at: http://tinyurl.com/zob77

2. $2.2 billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs
such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
Verify at: http://www.cis..org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

3. $2.5 billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal
aliens. Verify at: http://www.cis..org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

4. $12 billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary
school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a
word of English! Verify at:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.0.html

5. $17 billion dollars a year is spent for education for the
American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
Verify at http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

6. $3 Million dollars a DAY (1 BILLION, 95 MILLION annually) is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens. Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.
Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.htm

8. $90 billion dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare
& social services by the American taxpayers. Verify at:
http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html

9. $200 billion dollars a year in suppressed American wages are
caused by illegal aliens. Verify at:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's
two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular,
their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in
the US. Verify at:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/12/ldt..01.html

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens
that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens
from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth,
heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border.
Verify at: Homeland Security Report: http://tinyurl.com/t9sht

12. The National Policy Institute, "estimated that the total cost of
mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average
cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period."
Verify at: http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back
to their countries of origin. Verify at:
http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm

14. "The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex
Crimes is Committed By Illegal Immigrants In The United States" Verify
at: http://www.drdsk.com/articleshtml

The total cost is a whopping $338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR!!

The cost of the war is a constant democratic theme, but they never complain about the cost of the massive illegal invasion into our country.
The cost of the war keeps us free from terrorism, but the cost we endure from illegal immigration only provides us with cheap lettuce. At a cost of 338 billion dollars I think we could combine that with the money wasted on welfare and put the idle to work.

Fiscally, how long can we continue to absorb these cost's?

Regardless of whatever political affiliations one might have, I believe this crisis has gotten to an unprecedented level. Add to the overwhelming cost already listed above, that our economy has been brought to it's knees in recent months, how is this NOT already on the minds of others living in the US?

As an aside, it's interesting to note that the cost for mass deportation (206-240 billion) is less than what the cost of one year amnesty will wind up costing taxpayers.

Again, I'm amazed this hasn't been brought up in other threads, so while we debate how well each candidate speaks in front of crowds, or whether or not Nader is going to swing any votes, or if McCain's age is an issue, or if Obama is really half white .......( ), how do you feel illegal immigration is going to impact the election? There doesn't appear much discussion on the subject.

Flamers, and trolls, please read. Comments regarding racism, naziism, hate, bigotry et al - will be dealt with accordingly.
As Politcally Incorrect as this topic may be, personal insults won't be tolerated.
Stick to the topic or reap what you sow.
Click any of the Links below to access these Forum Categories:

Closed, but
accessible Forums
»»
Politics
Current Events
Religion

Related Links:Changes to Forums
Links Removed

For the Time being, there is ZERO Tolerance for Trolls posting Flamebait,
Insults, or peddling Agendas. Automatic 28 Day minimum Vacation Package.
    Don't post here if you can't keep your "Cool"

Report offensive Posts as usual in the Forum Rule Violations Report Thread
 Strongdad
Msg: 2
Illegal Immigration and The Upcoming Election: What Impact will it have
Posted: 8/4/2008 11:50:31 PM
Californians put a ballot measure out there to stop giving illegals any assistance, several years ago. Latinos also supported it, as 66% of them voted for it.

Unfortunately, liberal attack groups like MALDEF and the ACLU sued in court, and a liberal judge struck the law down, completely trashing the voters wishes. Gray Davis (D)was the governor then. He had the opportunity to appeal the court's decision, but eventually decided not to. Worst governor we have ever had. Hands down. As he was on his way out, many felt he just didn't care about us.

This is a problem that both sides of the aisle don't seem to understand.

SD
 ManeRider
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2008 1:06:10 AM
SD, I appreciate your comments, especially on this subject. Before talking with you, I was unaware of what MALDEF and ACLU have 'conspired' in doing to us, with regard to this issue. My question remains, IS there a solution? And, is this election going to bring about ANY change to this new horizon? As mentioned, deportation would cost us roughly (or less) what 1 year amnesty would cost us. What say you? DO you believe either candidate favors restructuring? I heard McCain favors amnesty, but don't quote me on that.

Marieleah, very eloquently put, I must say.

With regard to your last comments, a previous thread on this subject was posted (by me) in current events, which took on a great deal of the aforementioned chants from con-anti-illegal, and as well, many hateful remarks from pro-anti-illegal participants. It was deleted because of it's charged subject matter and those comments. So, with that in mind, I thought I might preface this thread to diminish some of the crossfire, so as to deal more specifically with the content of what's really happening.

We have two parties dedicated to exploiting as much as they can out of illegals, with no regard to what happens to our Country in the process. Isn't that cutting off ones nose to spite their face?

A Latin American style Banana Republic seems an ever so fitting depiction of where we are heading, if nothing changes on this horizon. I, for one, wish to have some impact in the recovery/prevention process, if by no other means, by posing this question- what do we do? Americans have become a back porch society; and as long as something isn't directly affecting them , they choose to ignore the problems. Since 9/11, I've often wondered- what - is ever going to bring people to their front porches again? Why are we a nation of solitude? Hasn't this change in our culture become detrimental and how do we make people aware that their interest is at stake, whether they take interest or not?

There was a time not very long ago, when families joined together for dinner on the lawn, they knew each others issues, good and bad, and they communed for the good of all. Now, no one seems to take one glance at what's happening next door. We drive our cars straight through the open garage door, and it slams shut behind, without even a wave or nod to our neighbors. How many times do you see people running to help when someones car alarm or burglar alarm goes off? Are we really so far removed from the social parameters we once were known for, the glue that bonded us as a nation, the true unity of our soverign nation, to the degree that we completely ignore what happens in our own neighborhoods, and on our streets? Things have changed, no doubt.

I'm aware cities are beginning to feel the crunch of what's taking place. Yet, there's hardly a mention in public news regarding the issues presented here. Why is that? Are we to be so censored by our media that they cannot even make mention of what's potentially going to destroy us? But, the slow cancerous effects of what's happening now.... seems preventable, if we act. If not, we let the cancer grow, and fester, and we, and the politicians who rode out those voting blocks, won't have a pot to p!ss in or a window to throw it out of.

Thank you Marieleah. Very interesting
 gizmosellschickens
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2008 3:52:46 AM
None at all because non-citizens cannot vote in presdental elections, and double voting is a felony. Immigration system is irrational already and one side wants to kick out 12 million people and another wants to give them amnesty. The middle ground apporach to immigration reform is needed and Bush tried. The reality is wages in Mexico are six times lower than Untied States and to reduce northward immigraton is reducing the wage disparties. We can learn something from the the European Union about how apporach the problem. The freeloading of benefits of the taxpayer is wrong, and Austrailan apporach to immigration would be ideal for United States get all the skilled workers, but reduce the family chaian based immigration. Still, Immigration could be better controlled by figuring out reduce the wage disparites between Mexico and the Untied States that alone would reduce immigration by 50%.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2008 5:46:35 AM
Remove Incentives to Enter Illegally
Obama will remove incentives to enter the country illegally by cracking down on employers who hire undocumented immigrants.

McCain will grow the government and make employers jump through more hoops for a new bureau in the government to verify all workers are legal only AFTER building a fence.
Funny thing is the fence will never work as long as employers pay for the illegal workers.
I say give the employers 5 years mandatory time behind bars and seise their assets as the proceeds of a corrupt organization. If the government did that, the illegals would run back across the borders ASAP.
 show me please
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/5/2008 7:59:12 AM
show me what other languages you speak that you are fluent in for you livelihood?
rosetta stone costs a few hundred dollars at this point; i dont see it as a party issue, both parties want open borders for their own agendas.

we are making a bad trade. real bad.

in order for about a thousand super rich families to prosper, and to have low prices on certain goods, we are allowing ANYONE in who wants to be here for whatever reason.

this costs us in services, atmosphere and morale, taxes and huge government costs that could go to other areas. it will catch up to us to us as these illegals are legitimized due the lax attitude and enforcement, so that they will control the country in the future. not right away, but within 20 years. without any caring or background in the country's history, laws, language, morals and morays, they will be voters, the kind of thing the founding fathers were afraid of and why they probably installed the electoral college.

which of course the democrats are busy underminng at this point.
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/5/2008 8:08:11 AM
I don't think the illegal immigration issue will have any kind of effect on the coming election at all; because both parties have almost identical positions, which is "Don't p*ss anybody off".

It's one of those things that proves we really don't have very much of a democratic system in this country at all, because the citizens have no say in it. Neither party is listening.
To me, this is an extremely important issue and it's really screwing up our country; but government has taken a "just say no" policy toward the vast majority of voters who want to close the borders to illegal immigration.
 ManeRider
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2008 6:54:29 PM

Your tally is a bit odd, you count billions for deportation and the money sent home but not spent on goods here? The whopping $338 bil is crap.

Aww, Stef, you know the drill....... messengers..... dont' shoot the messenger. Not trying to trump it up, just passing on what I've seen. Who's to say, really, considering they couldn't even do a head count. Somewhere between 12 mil and 30-mil, depending on who's counting. Lots of zero's.

HOWEVER, there are some real issues and youre right, I'm not hearing much from either one or really ANY one on a very significant issue.
All I am hearing is bullshit and spin and innuendo, like something out of the Enquirer
It is a bit disheartening, to say the least, that no one is really even discussing this issue? Meanwhile, hecklers chant at the mere thought of even bringing it up, and cite spaniards as having been the first to conquer in 1492. (No offense Nero, I'm actually thinking of others much less diplomatic than you ) But even if that were true, which I'm not contesting who actually touched ground first, spaniards, mxicans, NA's, boundaries were established long since that time in history, wars were won, laws were enacted, and yet nothing is done to uphold the laws. But, let me have a couple cold ones and drive home, and damn if I won't see what justice is about.
I guess what's really itchin at me is..... why is this such a silent topic. (I know, voters blocks left and right). So, shit, let's just enshrine a few, give them the key to our cities, and just say fvk it, right.?

I'm just amazed that, amidst all this talk on who's going to be our upcoming leaders, no one really talks about this issue. It's a moot point, apparently. I've been schooled pretty hard on the fact that NO one's going to do anything because the big dawgs in Washington have more important issues, than what amounts to a real problem for the lowly voting class of people who they purportedly represent? Ok, I'm getting it. As they say, "water eventually seaps through concrete. Sometimes, though, it just takes a VERY long time."
 ManeRider
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2008 9:31:02 PM
^^^^^

So what I say is this. Let let the Aztlan movement have Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and California. Then you will just have a bigger Mexico. Then, they will come knocking on the door of Wyoming, donde esta la trbajo? Mi casa es su casa... get over it pal. I want reservations and reparations ... now

I'll second that^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
According to many in California, they already do own/encompass much of those states.

Eriksfbay,
With all due respect, I would challenge the notion that illegal immigration is having a positive outcome regarding net benefits. Cis may not be your choice for material, but I didn't see a url for supporting your contentions, either. The mere fact that illegal aliens send much of their monies home is a clear example that that money is not being redistributed into our economy.

You would argue, also, that lost wages among Americans is not a real concern, yes?

Let me be specific. My point of contention is for illegals, not mexicans, per se, those who wish to live under our laws or reside here legally. Many arguements have been addressed regarding illegals as "all mexicans or immigrants." Not so. What many people are concerned with are the millions who are simply visiting here, working at sub-par income levels, funneling their monies home, with no intentions of staying here. That is the major riff, along with many concerns listed in the aforementioned categories. Whether 1/3 of our prison system is illegal OR mexican illegal is not really an issue, as we both know MANY mexican illegals are tied up in jails across the nation, and there's a cost to taxpayers to house and feed them. Not much arguement to that. They're also on welfare, government subsidies, and there's a taxation on the schools, hospitals, and other state or federally funded fascilities that is being ignored. Meanwhile, no one really discusses this issue, except to say that neither party is willing to look at the issues, based on their voting blocks, which is simply amazing to me, since illegals "are not supposed to vote".

One main reason the illegal immigration is a problem is that they're unskilled in many ways, but especially because they're uneducated, thus rendering very little with regards to what they're contributing to our social framework. Taking up some of the lower income/poverty level jobs, flipping burgers, picking fruit et al, has little redeeming effect. I'd rather pay more for fruits/vegetables than to see our hospitals shut down or our cities on the verge of bankruptcy.
 Strongdad
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/5/2008 9:36:39 PM
Honestly, there are some posters here, who, if I ever saw them post anything of substance, while using sources, I would probably fall out of my chair.

With regards to how illegals might impact an election.... a few links about how they vote....enjoy. Salsa, available upon request.......

http://www.illegalaliens.us/votefraud.htm

http://www.usbc.org/media/voting.htm

http://www.speroforum.com/site/article.asp?id=15837

http://www.ajc.com/opinion/content/opinion/stories/2008/07/15/votinged.html

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/03/03/terrific-illegal-alien-students-registering-us-voters/

Yo tengo muchas mas!!! They aren't "just picking tomatoes" folks.
 Strongdad
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/5/2008 9:55:18 PM
Alto! Calmate'! LOL....slow your roll.....

When did it become the job of the US Govt to fix Mexico's problems??? Their problems stem from an extraordinarily corrupt Government...Federally and Locally.

Problem ONE with Mexico.......our border........and how their govt' helps send their people through illegally. Until that is fixed.......we ain't talkin deals.

Ya estuvo!
 faith2565
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2008 10:23:05 PM
Yes, it will. McCain will continue to support the work visa, and Obama (having an immigrant father) will look for away to help the immigrants gain citizenship. It will depend on how you view the problem.
 gizmosellschickens
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2008 3:20:22 AM
The problem with the issuse some people have this mindset that immigration is wrecking America wrong. People blame immigration for the lack of jobs, but the truth is some people perfer to keep migrants illegal workers so those base of workers can undercut the wages of workers that are natural born citizens. You think 1950s style deportation of 12 million people will work it wont work period. Fence is a joke its already been repaired 2000 times so far because it easy to buy ocycleyline trouch to cut a hole thru a fence. The problem is complex and nativists wing of the GOP makes me puke because they praise markets but do the exact opposite when it comes to immigration. The inflation occuring right now in food costs in the Untied States is partly because of the immigration raids at farms and factories. Bush was 100% correct on immigration and saw them as human beings. Talk radio costs like Linbaughs and Hannity distorted the immigration reform was disgusting to hear.
 ManeRider
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2008 12:04:43 PM

Then show me your proof. Show me your proof on the excessive burdens on your health service being made by illegals.

Never once have I seen verifiable url's to support this posters accusations. Never.

Rather than spewing tripe as to how we're making up these statistics,
it would be adviseable to argue points by adding url's and links to justify those points
one wishes to emphasize. That way, others see what is being argued and with supported evidence. No sense arguing without backup because the majority of readers understand when someone hasn't got the resources to back up their arguement, and resort to slander, and it's always those "special few" who are always responsible for such heinous accusations

I won't delve into copy/pasting every single article, as Im sure they would not be used as verification in the first place. But here's one to satisfy the "vile-spirited ones" thirst for knowledge.

Source
http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/000060.html

Illegal Aliens Drive Another Hospital to Closure

Here's a nice article from the New York Times on the recent announcement by Northridge Hospital Medical Center that they will be closing by December 31.
This follows a recent announcement of the closure of the emergency room at Elastar Community Hospital in East Los Angeles.

Four other emergency rooms have closed in the county in the last two years. The reason given is the high cost of treating uninsured people. The article also states that 70 hospital emergency rooms and trauma centers have closed in California since 1990.

"We're mandated to treat anyone who comes in through those doors, regardless of their ability to pay," Tracey Veal, a spokeswoman for the Northridge hospital, said.
Ms. Veal estimated that the hospital had spent $13 million on so-called charity care in the fiscal year that ended on June 30.

While the New York Times does not exactly specify illegal aliens as the cause, it is quite obvious by these numbers.
"This is definitely cause for alarm," Carol Meyer, director of the Los Angeles County Emergency Medical Services Agency, said on Friday in an interview.
Ms. Meyer said 30 percent of the nine million people in the county were underinsured or had no medical insurance at all. Statewide, seven million people are uninsured, according to the California Medical Association.

So, lets break these numbers down. 30% of 9 million is about 3.3 million people or nearly half of the 7 million in California that are uninsured, That's just in their county.
While everyones health insurance goes up to cover the uninsured, we get poorer and poorer service. If you pay your insurance on time for coverage for you or your family and there is an emergency you may just end up having to drive an extra 10-15 miles to get to an emergency room. Upon arriving you may be in line behind someone who doesn't pay, but expects the same services you receive.

Something has to be done of course. Illegal aliens receiving this free service should be number one on the list. Preventing illegals from being here in the first place is a law after all. Hospitals should be able to note whether someone is here illegally. The only way to tackle the issues is with full disclosure and good input data. If you don't know the breakdown of why someone is uninsured how can you fix the problem?

The county estimates the cost of providing them with health care is $340 million annually.
 ManeRider
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2008 1:03:46 PM
One more concept

We will stop pointing out your inveterate racism when you stop spouting it as if the things you say were actually true.

With regard to the election, I see no correlation with this posting.

(from the opening post) Again, I'm amazed this hasn't been brought up in other threads, so while we debate how well each candidate speaks in front of crowds, or whether or not Nader is going to swing any votes, or if McCain's age is an issue, or if Obama is really half white .......( ), how do you feel illegal immigration is going to impact the election?

Feel free to comment on the topic or refrain from posting.
And in case there's an overwhelming need to vocalize, do feel free to open a thread all alone. Maybe someone will be enchanted and charmed so as to offer input.
Your's truly

ManeRider
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2008 10:14:48 PM
Yeah you, what she said^^^^^^^

I have to laugh. It's a very sad state of affairs here, which is the first in my lifetime that I've seen things so bad. I don't feel bad when I mess something up, I take responsibility, clean the mess up, and move on. But this is out of my hands, and it's not something I personally can correct. So when I find such pathetic bile being retorted, as witnessed on this page, I really have no choice but to laugh.

It's alright, Marieleah, he'll disappear for a while, it'll be quiet for maybe a few days, and then he'll fly back in. He reminds me of a seagull that storms through an open window, squawking obsenities, shitting all over the walls and furniture, knocking things over, and finally retreating through the open window. I suppose without giving people the opportunity to voice their opinions, we wouldn't be able to do so either. And quite honestly, I've all but ignored his post. He's apparently been warned, which is good enough for me. But trust me, he'll eventually fly back in; might be tomorrow, might be next week, but he'll return with more rubbish. I suggest everyone just disregard such nonsense, as that poster lives among the highest living standards on earth, so it's rich to hear how we should be more accomodating. It's laughable.
 ManeRider
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2008 4:43:55 PM
Marieleah
I typically refrain from petty nonsense and using names you've noted. It really does little good.
I've tried bringing a subject to light that apprently gets little response, namely because most people feel neither party is going to attempt to change the situation. Meanwhile, in the course of this (perhaps weeklong) thread another 21,000-50,000 illegals crossed our border, depending on whose count one uses. The fact is, mexican officials have crossed into American soil 42 times and held our border patrolmen at gun point, one recently making news tonight.
The bottom line is, laws serve no real purpose unless they're enforced, which obviously, our government selectively chooses to ignore those regarding illegal aliens crossing our border. They may capture and deport hundreds per week, but thousands more just filter by. And according to StrongDad, their governement even publishes illustrations as to guide routes in ourder for them to gain access easily.
In light of the present economic struggle we're facing right now, it would seem immensely important to try and stem the tide of illegals, as they do cost the people here, indigenous people or legal immigrants, lots of money. I could not fathom being in those border areas or parts of California that are so densely populated. As one person once remarked about Miami, "would the last American out of Miami please bring the flag." Funny that was, many years ago, but today, it's obviously not just Miami, it's actross the map. I'm in Ga, and it's becoming a major issue here, but it just continues to fester. I guess the only thing to do is be prepared to make changes because it's really driven my ability to make a living into the dirt. And BTW, I apologize if I offended you by using any course language.
Cheers
 NorthernNJ Steve
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2008 9:58:24 AM
I agree completely with Marieleah's series of thoughtful and well-written posts, except to note that Brandeis was not an immigrant-- you are probably thinking of Frankfurter.

As for the original question: unfortunately, the illegal immigration issue was not as big a factor in the GOP primary as I had hoped; and it will be a non-factor in the election, as both Obama and McCain are firmly in the open-borders camp. We have rocketed past 300 million people; how much is enough?? 400 million? 500 million? What about our resources and quality of life? Is everything really just about the almighty dollar and getting pigs slaughtered and lettuce sold for a few cents less?

I agree I can't believe how Britain, never a nation of immigrants, has voluntarily turned itself into such a demographic miasma (trying to avoid more scatological words).
 Strongdad
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/10/2008 11:51:30 AM
I will gladly pay more for a tomato, if I can pay less for auto insurance, which illegal aliens cause to be higher. Why do you think we need so much uninsured motorist insurance, especially in Southern California? Yep. You guessed it. Illegal aliens jack the rates. I would also like to see some savings in healthcare. Yep. They jack those rates, too. Just like a shoplifter jacks the prices of goods THEY steal. I would be glad to pay more for all my produce. The money I would save on healthcare, health insurance, auto insurance, home owners insurance, housing prices, transportion, gasoline, police services, fire services, EMT services, court services, prison services, county jail services, education, crime, would all go nicely to my lettuce and tomato budget.

It is a complete MYTH that illegal aliens produce more money than they take. Considering what they earn, JUST the cost in educating their children alone, negates any and everything they "contribute". Then, add all the other areas where they negatively affect costs, which I listed above. Enjoy.

SD
 exodusi1
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2008 12:36:21 PM
Only ignorant people think it is an issue. Immigration has ebbs and flows. They ome here to work, not suckle at the teat of socialism. I drive by hundreds of hisppanics EVERY day on my way to work. They are NOT the ones at the street corner asking for a hand out. They are standing in que, waiting for a day laborer job.

Since they DON'T vote, it isn't an issue for me. Let's work to make sure there are better jobs in Mexico as well, and they won't have to risk their lives crossing the desert to pick fruit for less than minimum wage.
 Strongdad
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/10/2008 12:42:53 PM
First, they DO vote. I have posted links with sources on that issue already.

Secondly....how about we stop hiring them and force their own govt to do the right thing by their own people?

And, they do far more than just pick fruit. They steal jobs from Americans. I see that as a problem. Construction and manufacturing jobs were jobs that millions of Americans were doing. All stolen.

Shame on the employers, the illegal aliens, the Mexican govt. and our own.

I own a small company in the construction business. I won't hire them. Not for any price.

SD
 exodusi1
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2008 12:44:46 PM
No, they don't that is a LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE. I am so tired of idiots raling against the four or five illegals who may or may not have voted, while disenfrachising MILLIONS of legal Americans. I am so tired of people like you SPREADING THAT LIE!

Illegal aliens DON'T vote and you sir are LYING!
 Strongdad
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/10/2008 12:52:40 PM
LOL.

Do too.

I have seen them with my own eyes. Ever hear of Congresswoman Sanchez, in Orange County California? Google the articles about illegals voting for her. It is so easy. There are many articles about illegals voting in many parts of the country....not just here in California, which, I know for a fact they do.
 exodusi1
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2008 12:55:56 PM
See, after we have a warm moment you have to go and lie again.

You have NEVER seen them, you are, no attack intended, a jerk. I don't believe you saw someone you knew was an illegal alien, or you would have turned them in.

You saw someone hispanic, which doesn't mean illegal. We have tens of millions of legal hispanic citizens who are, big shok here, legally allowed to vote. Egads!
 Strongdad
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/10/2008 1:12:36 PM
Not only did I see them, I knew them! I lived in an area which is HIGHLY populated with illegal aliens. A very small city/community called Cudahy, CA.

The entire city is only a little over one square mile. I lived there for years. I knew my neighbors well. I count many friends there. And, yes, some of my friends there are here illegally. And, as I would stand in the line ( a long one), I would see my illegal alien neighbors voting, every year. It isn't difficult to do. There is no oversight.

And, yes, privately, I did make phone calls and report it. Additionally, I called the LA Times. They didn't care, either. No one did. This state is run by democrats, as is this county.

By the way, I know the difference between making an assumption of illegal status and someone merely having brown skin. I have kids who are half latino. (My ex and her family, is from Mexico. And, she is a police officer. Even she would say the same things I have said.) I was born in East L.A. and have lived in L.A County all my life....and in the inner city (east side) of L.A. most of my life. I have lived with and loved latino people my entire life. No one has to lecture me about knowing the differences. And, no one can convince me that illegal immigration hasn't had a very negative impact on this country or its election processes. I know better.

Calling me ignorant isn't the way to go. It is a hallow statement.

SD
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Illegal Immigration and The Upcoming Election: What Impact will it have