Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > POF Chemistry Test      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mcbobly
Msg: 2
view profile
History
POF Chemistry TestPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Much like some of their other tests and so on, utter crap, they mean nothing, just like the compatibility and matches thing, people you'd never get a second look from or the time of day. But carry on and see how it goes for you, perhaps you'll have better luck.
 YingKissesYang
Msg: 7
view profile
History
POF Chemistry Test
Posted: 8/28/2008 6:19:29 PM
For example, you could be really good in real life, but suck at it online, and vice versa. Do you think so?

I've written on here a few times about creating your own dating-relationship "test". Here is how you do it, and it should be simple: Take all those "interests", hobbies, "needs", wants etc from your profile, and you can use words or ideas from other peoples too, and RANK THEM IN ORDER. If you love dogs, and know you need a lover who loves dogs, PUT THAT #1. If you play rec league sports every weekend, but its not as important as an intellectual partner, put sports #2, if you can't cook and eat out a lot, but also need your space a lot, and want to go to live theater a lot, put those 1,2,3 etc.

Otherwise, when I see a profile that says "travel, cooking, wine tasting, boating, camping, cooking, sex, cuddling, gardening, staying home".....I may be intimidated if I think the person is really doing those things a lot.....and If you only go camping 1x a year, and don't like to kiss in public, and have no job....Put those things down at the bottom of your list for others too see etc.

Do the same with what you know about your personality.
 clasact
Msg: 8
view profile
History
POF Chemistry Test
Posted: 8/28/2008 7:11:50 PM
Doesn't mean a thing here either.

PoF sends me every man in my area within a certain age range and none of them are interesting to me, at this point anyway. Who knows if someone new might register.

Also, the test doesn't include physical attraction and for me at least, there has to be something in that. Yeah, I said it but it's just my opinion.
 AwP
Msg: 15
view profile
History
POF Chemistry Test
Posted: 8/2/2009 4:20:15 PM
It seems worthless to me on this site, I don't even agree with my own results. A different site I belong to has a much better system (OkC) though that's not perfect either, but they're good enough that they're worth taking into account there.
 Gina-Gina74
Msg: 17
POF Chemistry Test
Posted: 11/27/2009 6:57:13 PM
The Chemistry Test is a gimmick. do not take it seriously.
 ekw1234
Msg: 27
POF Chemistry Test
Posted: 7/15/2011 5:54:10 PM
I check people's chemistry test results. I am not sure whether they are useful or not, accurate or not.If I find that someone is low in self confidence and/ or openness, I will not bother with them. Also I have noticed that all men whose results I have looked at are low in self control which is disturbing to me. If any of them scored higher on that I would prefer them but I guess if they all have the same handicap, there's not much choice. It suggests flakiness and that is my number one turn off in an adult male.

However!!! I checked my chemistry matches for the first time just then, there was a guy who was supposed to be a 98% match, and there is no way I will have anything to do with him. So I guess, one has to consider their personal instinct too.
 john_in_bh
Msg: 29
POF Chemistry Test
Posted: 11/12/2011 12:22:29 PM
I am shocked at how accurate the Chemistry Test was. I just took it, and saw that one girl that I dated was on the top 40. Remarkable or coincidence since I only dated a couple girls off of POF for the past few years. Since one of the claims is "more likely to date" this was spot on. Of course we did not get along well..but that is besides the point

In addition to this, the top girl was one who contacted me initially. This was interesting too since I get almost no initial emails. After we spoke on the phone, I was promptly thrown under the bus. This is besides the point too (I think)
 _allen_
Msg: 30
view profile
History
POF Chemistry Test
Posted: 11/13/2011 5:01:36 PM
My Chemistry Test results are truthful in that it shows I have commitment issues, do not want children, yada, yada, yada ... (btw, which is all true)

It's the match results I have questions about. A lot of my matches I feel are not compatible with my personality, to say the least. I've emailed a few of these women with high probability scores only for the email to go Read/Deleted or Unread/Deleted.

I don't read other POF users Chemistry results as it's usually long winded. My short attention span will not allow me to torture myself with such boredom.
 john_in_bh
Msg: 31
POF Chemistry Test
Posted: 11/13/2011 7:36:04 PM

I've emailed a few of these women with high probability scores only for the email to go Read/Deleted or Unread/Deleted.

I don't think the higher numbers would equate to a higher email reply rate. But perhaps one you meet and get to know the person it may come into play.

I don't want children either, but for some reason the results said "If you have children already, you enjoy spending time with them very much and work hard to be a good parent. If you don’t have children, you very much desire having children in the future. And your preference for cooking and entertaining guests at home will likely ease the transition into parenthood."

I don't get it.
 Aries_328
Msg: 32
view profile
History
POF Chemistry Test
Posted: 11/14/2011 10:04:37 PM
Is it just me? I think that almost every time I've read the chemistry results on a profile they are almost all nearly identical?

* As someone with high self-confidence...
* As someone who is oriented to familial matters
* Being low in self-control
* As someone high in openness
* work and play hard. The benefits of being moderate in easygoingness

Doesn't this cover just about everyone?

- Confident and don't hate their mothers while fun, impulsive and easygoing until being serious as needed.

They are accurate in the same way that astrology reports are accurate. Everything is generically relevant to the majority. Now as long as the questions are answered honestly it is relatively safe to say it is somewhat accurate. Hating children and marking that family is important would not provide an accurate reflection of character...

It is what it is and you get out of it what you want to take from it. Nothing more..
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > POF Chemistry Test