Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > CrAzY EiGhTs Aftermath & Photos! :)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 1
CrAzY EiGhTs Aftermath & Photos! :)Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Hello Fishies!

This is the place to upload pics from the party!!

If you have them, shoot me an email and I will add your name to upload! :)

Jim....are ya' going to have a disk full of kick butt shots, per usual? :)

THANK YOU ALL for coming out!! I know I had a fantabulous time enough for ALL of us, but sure hope everyone else had a BLAST, too! ;)

HUGE THANK YOU HUGS to the door prize sponsors and all who made a donation!!

Hope to see some of you at the BBQ/volleyball today! Am working on getting rid of my drunk so I can start all over again!

party room before hand

Sandy & Larry cutting the rug.. I mean dance floor! lol

and again......

? & Dee

Larry posing! lol

Terri having a good time.

more fun

George aka Tomfish

? & Jai Jai

again

Debi & Lary

? & Dee

hottie

Fred

Andy

Fatbottomgirl--Shelle

Tony

Fred

Cute purse!

? & Dodie

Ambie

Joni

Keith & Fred

Matt

Eric & Teri

TErri & ?

Laura

See Steve work!

Hottie

Jerry

Birthday folks

Ambie

Colleen

Matt

? & Kat

? & Kat

Hal, Alicia and Paul

Paul, Alaine and Hal

Kenny being usual charming self

Carrie, Random Guy, Rachel

Brandon

Susie taking a pic, but I beat her to the punch

colleen and brandon

Dunno bout him.......

Shellie's taking the hat

originalambie97
Msg: 2
CrAzY EiGhTs Aftermath & Photos! :)
Posted: 8/9/2008 11:32:49 AM
I have pictures from the party last night, not many but some.
 sctrrdr69
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 1:20:01 PM
no pictures here, I had my camera but was enjoying myself too much to remember it...everyone did a great job last night
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/9/2008 1:43:29 PM
Amber, you have been added! :)

Cam...we missed ya, but I definitely had a shot or a few, for you!! Argh...am feeling it now!

You won't see any pics from the volleyball or bbq! LOL Jerry, Amanda, and myself attempted such, but did not get far!
 tallshyman
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 2:54:03 PM
hope there are no pic of me sines some people where scared of me.
 originalambie97
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/9/2008 4:57:18 PM
I will get the pictures up either tonight or tomorrow.

I haven't been feeling good since I ate the chicken last night, not sure why not but oh well. I think this was a great party and the decorations looked spectacular.

Kat, Linda, Shellie thank you again for a great party!! I liked the picture booth and I got a few pics from it, one of me and my roommate Brandon and then also a group one that was taken at the end of the night.

The ballroom looks specatacular as well. I had fun meeting new people last night and seeing everyone else as well. I will write more later, gotta go lay back down now.
 wiseguystl
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/9/2008 6:12:32 PM
Sorry I didn't make it, I had a biopsy of my nasal cavity that day (not fun) I am disappointed that Colleen didn't flash her boobs. (.Y.)
 kclowns
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/9/2008 6:20:28 PM
Everyone did a fantastic job. I was hesitant walking in by myself but that didn't last long. This is a very nice group of people and I had a blast.
 alpinebryon
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/10/2008 6:43:42 AM
Hi all would liked to haved come but I had a family crisist to deal with so I couldn't make it.But by the photos showed it was a good one.But may I promote my group event coming up Labor Day Fish Float August 29th thru September 2nd
Posted: 7/27/2008 1:03:45 PM
Well Hi you all I'm Setting up A Labor day Fish Float on the North Fork River
At Twin Bridge's Camp Ground over the labor day Weekend From August 29th till September 2nd This time there will be two floats if you want to go on them one will be from Hamond camp down to Blair bridge thats a 10 mile float.The other one will be from Twin Bridge's camp ground down to Blair Bridge and thats 14 mile's.For all those that went on the first fish float of the year with me Knows how the river is.It was a blast all thou the river is not as high as it was in June.It still will be very worth while for every one.But this time there willnot be as many bouncy splashy parts as there was in June. EVERY BODY BRING YOUR CAMERAS OK SYOTR Bryon
We will be staying at Twin Bridge's camp ground
Phone: 417-256-7507
Fax: 417-256-2987
Email: mail@twinbridgescanoe.com
http://www.twinbridgescanoe.com/
MAKE SURE YOUR TO TELL THEM YOUR WITH PLENTY OF FISH SO THEY CAN PUT US ALL TOGETHER
FLOATING
All floats involving Hammond Camp are assessed a $2 per boat fee required by the US Forestry Service.
Activity Minimum number persons Under 12 years Rate per person
Canoe 2 person kids under 12 Free $20.50 PP
Raft 4 kids under 12 Free $25.00 PP
Kayak 1 -- $30.00
Tandem Kayak for 2 -- $20.50 PP

CAMPING
Type Under 6 years 6 to 11 years Adult
Camping, 2 or more nights kids under 6 Free kids 6 to 12 $3.50 $8.00
Camping, 1 night only kids under 6 Free kids 6 to 12 $3.50 $9.00
RV, per night kids under 6 Free kids 6 to 12 $3.50 $10.00
Plus camping fee

DRIVING DIRECTIONS Thies directions are much eazyer than than following the direction on Twin Bridge's web site its about 30 miles farther but 40 minutes faster and you don't have to drive on a whineding Missouri hill billy highway for 50 miles Ha Ha
From St.Louis:
Take I-44 west to Rolla exit 186. Take Hwy 63 south from Rolla to Cabool. When you near Cabool, Hwy 63 will split. Take a left to Highway 63 continue on Highway 63 till you come to West Plains where the Highway merge's together from being divided take a right on highway 14 for about 15 miles and Twin Bridge's will be on your left side of the road.
From Springfield:
Take Hwy 60 east to Cabool. continue on 60 till Highway 60 and 63 merge continue south till 60 and 63 split take 63 to West Plains just after the divided high merge's to a 4 lane road take a right on highway 14 and follow it to twin bridge's for about 15 or so
From Kansas City:
Take Hwy 7 east to Clinton. Take Hwy 13 south to Springfield. Then follow Springfield directions above.
SYOTR Bryon
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/10/2008 7:33:20 AM
I must say, I think I enjoyed this party the most so far! So many new people to meet and getting to see old friends once again.

A HUGE thank you to everyone who came out and made this event the success it was!

The next morning many of us sat around for breakfast/lunch and got to know each other while enjoying some great BBQ (the ribs were to die for) We even started throwing ideas around for the October party.

Speaking of October party - Arrangements will be made to improve the selection of music. I need any and everyone who would like specific songs played (this means you Salsa Boy) to email me their selections and I shall do my best to get a list compiled of favorite and requested music to be played during the nights festivities. Remember, if you don't ask for it you can't complain when you don't hear it!

A POF Party Junkie's work is never done!

littledarling
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2008 8:02:40 AM
Great pictures and thanks to everyone that put this party together..had a great time...looking forward to the next one...Vivian
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/10/2008 9:18:46 AM
The Strat is still in the process of installing lighting. If we had been able to get better lighting for atmosphere we would have done so. They had expected to have more, if not all of it installed by this party but that simply didn't work out. The ballroom is still a work in progress since the remodel and as we can improve things we will.

Believe it or not, we don't usually go into the ballroom at the last minute making decisions! lol The hosts have usually discussed things between themselves and then gone over it again with the General Manager and there is usually a reason specific choices were made. Don't get me wrong, we don't always make the best choices, but sometimes an odd choice is made because we need to see how it works before trying something else. I was just as surprised as everyone else when the lights went off. We hosts knew why those bright ass lights were on!

Saturday afternoon before leaving I discussed a few new ideas with the GM that we might just try come the Halloween party in October. A few of those items covered were the lighting, the music, a different entry point, and how to get the best out of our photographer taking great on-the-spot pics (for a cheap fee I might add). There's still a month or 2 before we need to have everything set in stone so Kat, Linda and I are gonna take it easy for a bit

tallshyman
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2008 10:12:40 AM
I look skinny in the Pics I need to eat more.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/10/2008 11:02:44 AM
Susie...thanks for posting the pics...OMGawd....I will NEVER again wear a white, shiny shirt when I know pics will be taken!!! LMAO

Amanda and I are actually just getting home....we stayed the whole weekend, and as the Saturday morning peeps know, I started to feel like death after a couple hours.....but then, around 10ish Sat night, we actually ended up in the bar again!

Again....HUGE thank you's to all who attended, sponsored, supplied goodies, our new photog Lionel, the Strat staff, etc....this was my fave party as of yet!

Oh....and regarding the "issues" with music and lighting...AGREED. :) Best thing I can suggest is, besides working with them on improvements....step up to the plate during the planning of the next party and offer those brilliant ideas, then! :)
 originalambie97
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/10/2008 11:10:30 AM
Matt, you should so scan the one picture and add it on here for all to see the group shot taken by the photographer!

Laura, does your friend post on here she's super sweet and I wouldn't mind talking to her some more, tell her hello from me!

I'll write more later!!!
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/10/2008 11:15:14 AM
OMG!! I TOTALLY FORGOT ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS!

CONGRATULATIONS CAMMY & DAVE!

While we were all partying it up they were getting engaged! I just got a pic of the ring and all I have to say is OOOOOOOoooooOOooOooOO Shiny!

I'm so happy for the two of you!

EDIT: I keep adding stuff!

I will NEVER again wear a white, shiny shirt when I know pics will be taken!!! LMAO

Now ya know how I felt! lol

it looks like they did a major remodeling of the room?

Yes they did and it's still a work in progress. Fantastic new digs tho!

Hopefully, the next one will be on a Saturday night, so I can make it over

The next is in October for Halloween. I figure you'll be doing something on that side of the state too so keep in touch and maybe we can work somethng out so you can attend both as I'm sure they will be on a Sat.
 sexyeyesblu
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2008 1:32:47 PM
HEY KAT BABY!,....was looking for the pic. of you and me together....
thanks for all the hard work you do....you are a great woman!!!!!!
happy birthday again!...luv ya!
shea
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/10/2008 3:52:20 PM
Jaij....just added your name to upload pics! If you cannot do such for some reason, and rather email them....go ahead and use my eaddy and I can upload them! (The private one, not here, of course!)

I am STILL recuperating, people....just actually woke up from a nap!!!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/10/2008 5:17:53 PM
LOL...Susie...that is a member who had an August birthday! NOTHING to do with the actual party or theme whatsover....me no 420 person!!!!!! ;)
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/10/2008 5:35:28 PM
thank you, thank you, thank you, Kat, Linda and Shellie, you throw an awesome party as usual!

Ms Kat, I had no idea you and Amanda stayed another night, when we saw you head to your room for much needed rest and recuperation yesterday afternoon, I thought you were heading home shortly after that. I was in my room, reading a book on a Saturday night while Jerry slept the night away I coulda met up with the two of you in the bar for more fun! Ah well, maybe next time.

I had a great time at the party, met up with one of the gals from another group site I'm on and she says something about it being boring..I about fell off my chair..for one thing..I have fun no matter where I go, even if it's at work for 10 hrs a day! Why have someone else provide fun for you, can't one have the attitude of, this is something different, I'm gonna see what it's like and have fun anyway or at least try to?! At any rate, I did explain about the music..yes we always seen to have issues on the music in the ballroom and 99% of the peeps end up in main bar area to smoke, shoot pool and dance to the tunes out there..

sometimes I think it would be almost easier (probably not as cheap) to rent out the main bar area, get a band to play for tips and have the ballroom for eating and conversing, etc..it's just a thought, will probably never happen, but you never know.

Hey do we know who drove the farthest to attend this event?
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/10/2008 7:55:29 PM
hey who took the pic of Jerry, I'm laughing out loud on that one, musta caught him off guard!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/11/2008 7:45:11 AM
Well, I know that Aoakley08 came from Wright county, which was a 3 hour drive for her....droberts2 came from Springfield which is at least 2 or 3 hours....fltpyborman was the gent from Florida who was in St. Charles for something....forgive me if I am missing anyone, but these are the ones I know of! :)

As far as conversation in the bar on Sat morning...LMAO...pleading the fifth on that one, cause I do not recall much of it!

Edit to add: Also, if anyone was keeping track, or recalls...can someone shoot me an email or post here, with a list of the winners of the Door Prizes, for at least the larger four items? LOL I remember pulling the tickets out...and Patrick doling out the prizes, but that's about the bulk of it! Kinda scary cause I do not even remember the group birthday shots....and I look like I am about to dump the cake in a couple of them!!! LMAO We also had a tray of Jaeger Bombs that I had intended to do with the birthday peeps...but hardly anyone was around, so I think I did a couple of them solo!

The girls and I would like to take a breather from hosting activities for a few days, at least! LOL But, anyone who would like to be involved in planning, expediting, decorating, gathering donations of costume contest prizes, etc....for the Halloween party...please shoot me an email as well! I will be contacting everyone interested for a planning meeting! :)
 originalambie97
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/11/2008 12:23:43 PM
I would like to help out at the Halloween Party, Kat!

I remember that there was a lot of numbers called that night for prizes .. don't know who won though.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/11/2008 3:51:12 PM
Well poop! We STILL need someone to start planning the opposite months that I do...there is NO WAY I can handle doing it monthly!

So....Jan, March, May, July, Sept, Nov are all OPEN FOR SOMEONE TO HOST! :)
It does not have to be elaborate or fancy...and can be held anywhere YOU wish to host it! Someone? Anyone? LOL

But Cam, Amber, and all who have emailed me...I am keeping track of the info and I WILL be hunting you all down! ;)

For now...everyone start planning their Halloween costumes...costumes will be optional of course, clothing mandatory! ;) Also, we will be seeking Costume Contest prizes! :)
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/11/2008 7:34:44 PM
LMAO Debi!! I think the cake pic LOOKS worse than it was! And apparently I am waaaay limber and waaaay confident when I am waaaaay drunk! I also took a tumble in a chair...with someone else in it...and apparently I ended up on my feet! So have no fear....the cake was safe! ;) LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > CrAzY EiGhTs Aftermath & Photos! :)