Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Idaho  > Deciding to meet up in Boise!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daredev
Msg: 1
Deciding to meet up in Boise!Page 1 of 1    
Well, I decided to try meeting some new people on this site, but it turns out people are actually not wanting to meet up when it comes down to it. I don't know if people are scared to meet or just like flirting on this site. I have talked to a few girls and then when I say, "Hey, let's go out and do something and meet." the woman kind of flakes out. I even offer to meet in a place that has many people around in case they are thinking I am not who I say I am. I want to make them comfortable, but I think it really comes down to the woman deciding to reach out and take the first step in faith! I thought I would just leave a few thoughts I had in mind. I am not upset or anything, but this is supposed to be a site to meet new people right? Maybe I am wrong, maybe chatting to someone you may never know is fun for people.
 Blaze!
Msg: 2
Deciding to meet up in Boise!
Posted: 11/1/2008 5:46:56 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. I moved to Boise 3 weeks ago and half of the women dont even reply to you. Im not trying to ask anybody to marry me, but it would be nice just to meet some people. Then when you ask if you can get some dialog started other than using this site to do it, that becomes an issue as well. How else are you supposed to make all this happen? I think a lot of the women on here have not healed from their past relationships and therefore make it very hard to meet new people (men). Thats just my take... what do I know other than what I've experienced on this site, lol.
 keykeper34
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2008 9:05:42 PM
Hi,

I read your post of meeting up in Boise. Have you tried the datehookup.com/groups/Idaho chat? there are several nice young ladies on that site.
Just click on members.
 idahosun
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2008 6:36:57 PM
Hi - as a woman, I want to know quite a lot about someone before I agree to meet them, its just being cautious. Men don't understand the "fear" women have about men because most men don't get raped. No, I'm not implying anyone on here is a rapist, I'm just saying it's what is in the back of some women's minds, so we prefer to get to know you a bit before we meet you. Not everyone is that way, some will agree to meet after 1 e-mail. I hope you'll be patient, but from what I hear, quite frankly, this is not a great site to meet anyone on, no matter what your age...good luck guys! (datehookup and matchdoctor are 2 other free sites I know of...)
 candycoatedraindrops
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/11/2008 3:29:50 PM
Let's be honest it's a lot easier to type a bunch of BS to someone on a computer knowing you're never going to meet them. On the other hand guys generally have an expectation of hooking up anyway, even when you tell them you're not looking for a hook up.
 adamISaNAMEiHAVE
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/1/2009 8:49:57 PM
Hrmmm that does make a lot of sense . . . I guess it is hard for me to think that other people might consider that I could be unsafe in some way.

I think I will wait for the lady to reach out first from now on . . . hehe

<--- the best emote by far! LOL
 annrainbow
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2012 12:50:32 AM
I'm not afraid to meet with a man in Boise! I did it twice! Very disappointed! Now I will try to find out about the man. You can talk on Skype and see with whom you talk. All that people write in their profile is BS.....
 jmm25
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/22/2012 11:26:22 PM
you do realize that your post was 3 years after the previous post annrainbow, pof sucks for boise ive been lookin for a girl that is cool with smokin herb for awhile now if any girl sees this that lives around boise please feel free to look at my profile and message me.
 TessaB27
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/19/2013 2:25:20 PM
Everyone has one reason or another why they are too "timid" to take the step of meeting someone in person, but of course it stems more from fear. I had that issue at first when I first started out on this website. Im not the social butterfly, so that was one of the reasons for getting on this site. But after I got past the fear of " what if he is an ax murder" I just decided to meet up with well who ever I was chatting with. Cant hurt you may not find the "love of your life" but you could easily just make friends.
Show ALL Forums  > Idaho  > Deciding to meet up in Boise!