Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sad, but clitoris has been removed...Now what?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dynomiteman4u
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Sad, but clitoris has been removed...Now what?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Some women have had their clitoris removed for religious reasons, or it may be removed because of a cancer growth.
I know its a glum or bizzare subject, but does anyone know if it possible to have the clitoris rebuilt with plastic surgery?
 Pleasurelimits
Msg: 2
Sad, but clitoris has been removed...Now what?
Posted: 8/14/2008 8:36:59 PM
Unfortunately no it is not possible anymore than it would be to build a nipple through surgery and have the sensations return. I have posted before that a bizarre ritual of some African tribes is to remove a womans clitoris through a circumcision process, bizarre and disgusting as far as I am concerned, some of these women have escaped to western countries and have tried to have it rebuilt but not successfully as far as I know. And I work in the field to an extent
 sara_nikki2406
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 10:31:39 PM
Hmmm...I don't know. I highly doubt that the same level of pleasure can ever be achieved again. I know (from college studies) that female circumcision is prevalent in many countries. Some of it's for religious reasons but the main reason is so that women are unable to experience pleasure. Men have it done to their daughters and/or wives so that they don't have the sexual "urge," the "want" to stray, & so they will stay monogamous to their husbands. Unfortunately, this is still done to women even now...in 2008...in other countries. It's sad. Just as sad is the fact that men don't want women to experience pleasure. Thank goodness the U.S.A. has come a long way. LOL. Then again there still are some men who are in it for themselves. Ha!
 windloverr
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 4:01:29 AM
It's technically illegal in most, if not all African countries; but it's not inforced, and is still practiced. Absolutely tragic.
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/15/2008 4:36:45 AM
Just horrible. My legs are pressed together in sympathetic pain. I don't believe in circumcision either so my sons are untouched. There is no reason for it unless there is a problem with retraction, or infection. Religious beliefs over the years have dictated people be killed, beheaded or cruxified in the name of "god". Doesn't make it right.
 DAVE632
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 6:55:09 AM
There is a HUGE difference between western circumcision and the Islamic clitorectomy done in a NON surgical procedure with NO pain killers and no antibiotic. Heaven only knows what % of young girls die horrible agonizing deaths as a result of massive infection after one of these "honor" surgeries. It is done so women get no pleasure from sex and are only capable of being good wives and breeders. The custom is also responsible for increases in AIDS transmission because women who have been scared in and around their vagina prefer anal sex. It just hurts less - which I suppose is a relative term. Some "female circumcision" also entails cauterizing the vaginal lips shut with only a small opening for urine and menstrual flow.

There are idiots out there (""I've had many arguments about this practice with my daughter and her BF, both graduates of International Development. They defend it as an important cultural belief and identity."") who will argue it is their culture and we have no business criticizing it but ... gimmie a break. I don't care what culture, sex, religion, race they are - if it is an age old "custom" to carve a girl's clit off with a rusty machete and then burn her vaginal lips closed I'm suggesting their age old custom goes well beyond barbaric. That said there are an estimated 70,000+ women in the UK who have been subjected to this added thrill of being an Islamic woman. Many of those, they know, were done AFTER the families arrived in the UK. Prosecutions are almost non-existent for reasons of not wanting to offend their ""important cultural belief and identity"". My guess is that if there was a similar "custom" of hacking guys' di¬Ęks off with a dull saw and burning the stub with a hot poker the "custom" would not, regardless of which Immam ordered it, continue for very long. Women as second ... no third of fourth class citizens do not deserve any better treatment it seems. It seems to be that claiming this is a religion of PEACE and TOLERANCE is kind of pushing the bounds of incredulity when this custom is still advocated by so many throughout the Islamic nations.

BTW there are FOUR (4) degrees of female circumcision. Google it. If you've got a weak stomach don't eat anything greasy before reading #3 and #4. ""important cultural belief and identity"" , my A$$!!! It just shows the degree of moronic naivete can come as a result of some out of touch university prof who has never seen this procedure and thinks it is done in an operating room in some foreign squeaky clean hospital. I read a story once of some female prof who had written her thesis on the ""important cultural belief and identity"" of female circumcision having never experienced it or witnessed it. After several years teaching this CRAP she had the opportunity to travel to SUDAN and observe the happy ritual in real life and ... *look of utter amazement* ... she changed her mind about how "important" it was. Funny how some of these people change their minds when faced with reality, huh?

As far as losing a clitoris to a MEDICAL condition such as cancer - yes, it happens and for many women they believe it to be pretty much the end of their sex/love life.

As stated above for the few who actually know or have researched things the clitoris is the tip of extended branches of nerve endings which surface in many areas of the vagina. The G,A and U(?) Spots of myth and legend ARE there and are easily stimulated if the partner knows where and HOW.

SEVERAL feedback letters and IM's on the TRY THIS thread over on LIT have told stories of losing labia and the clit to cancer and after thinking they could never orgasm again (I mean how could you? The clit is GONE) they've discovered the various G-gasm techniques and report enjoying a sex life that is so good they wish they'd lost their clit earlier. OK one letter said that. I can't imagine wishing to lose a clit but the gist of the post suggested that G-Gasms were so good and that after thinking they'd never orgasm again - ever - it was hugely satisfying to discover these Techniques.

I have NOT received (that I know of) any feedback from any Muslim women who have started to have G-Gasms after losing their clit to this happy "custom" as described above. That would be, without a doubt, a most interesting post.

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=70892
 no_1_bby
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 2:15:52 PM
Actually Pleasurelimits, I was watching a show on plastic surgery this week and the dr on there said it can be done. It just takes AGES for nerves to regenerate... not sure about statistics/success rates or anything, just throwing out what I had heard.

As for the actual removal of the clit.. don't get me started.
 Briett
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 2:24:16 PM
"That's sick. Who in their right minds would take away their child's right to future pleasures??? Who even thinks about that when they think of their child????"

You have to remember, PetRock, these mothers have never experienced pleasure themselves and in some countries they feel as if they are protecting their daughters lives, because if a wife strays she is killed...no questions ask....and no reprocussions.

So very sad!!!
 xxXKageXxx
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/15/2008 5:35:36 PM
It has something to do with the belief that the male spirit lives in the clitoris and you will never fully be a woman (nor find marriage) until it is removed.

Further proof why religion/spiritulaity is dangerous. lol

I can also see a made for TV movie on this thread. "The Bionic Clit" We can rebuild it, we have the technology....

All joking aside. The clit is important, and removal of it sucks for woman, but there was other ways to give a woman sensations and orgasms. Since the clit is all nerves and everything, couldn't you still rub the area where the clit was and stimulate the nerves that are left? I would guess not, since the nerves probably die due to the removal of the clit.
 arwen52
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 5:48:05 PM
Genital mutilation is a big issue in African countries. It's unconscienable and ignorant in the truest sense of the word. Just because it is done by women their own daughters and defended by those same women is no defense of it. Do those daughters *consent* to have their genitals mutilated? No! There is no informed consent. Anyone who defends this barbaric practice should have their own genitals mutilated without anesthesia.

I've read some pretty gruesome accounts written by women themselves who have had this done to them. It's gruesome. One woman described how one day her mother took her away from her village and held her down while an old woman with a dirty, chewed up razor blade cut away her labia without anesthesia, then sewed her up so there was barely an opening for her menstrual blood to pass through. They tied her legs together and left her alone laying on her side in a hut for several days. Many women die from this procedure just from the blood loss and infection. Can you imagine this? She was in terrible pain, abandoned, could not understand why her mother would do such a horrible thing to her. Later, she emigrated to the U.S. She developed a pelvic infection from menstrual blood not being able to leave her body very efficiently. The doctor who examined her was horrified, had never encountered such a thing.

I was first made aware of this practice over 20 years ago by a young South African who was very involved in social justice. There was, and is, a growing movement to combat this horrible practice.

It should be banned.
 DAVE632
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2008 2:13:10 PM
In response to oldsoul's post ....

Those described complications as a result of type 3 and 4 clitorechtomies were observed HERE in North America. Can any of you imagine what happens to Islamic women all over the world where medical care doesn't come anywhere NEAR what we have in Canada, the USA or the UK ??

WHERE the hell are all the feminazi mouth pieces shrieking in outrage when you consider this "procedure" is done in places like Afghanistan where, under the Taliban, women were not allowed to learn to READ. As a result no women could ever become doctors. That's bad enough but consider the fact that under fundamental Islamic law NO woman can be seen naked by ANY man other than her husband - hence she was not allowed to go to a doctor if the doctor was male and not her husband. Throw in the mentioned complications mentioned above, all the things that go wrong during childbirth and you have an astounding situation in the so-called MODERN WORLD where most of the women in these cultures are completely SOL when it comes to medical care of any sort. They get infected - they die. They tear during childbirth or their uterus ruptures - the DIE. They suffer endometreosis or any of the many female-specific cancers - they DIE. They suffer bone breaks because their burqa doesn't allow Vitamin D production and that leads to osteoporosis - they DIE.

These women who shriek in outrage constantly about any perceived slight to women's equality are strangely SILENT even when it comes to these "procedures" being done to young Islamic girls even IN the WEST ... TODAY ( let alone all the Islamic countries ). Where are they in the face of truly gender specific barbarism? Ya gotta wonder what causes almost ALL of them to shut up COMPLETELY over this but march and protest and make documentaries about some silly labor law or gender pay scale that appears to favor men in the work place. WHY aren't these issues being discussed in our SCHOOL systems where an embarrassing number of teenage GIRLS are converting to ISLAM ??

I could go on and on and on but as it is the MOD will probably declare this post as "flaming" a specific ethnic group and ban me - again.
 enjoytoday
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 10:45:15 AM
Well, I feel that any religion which in some way demands mutilation of the body should warned of.

Its manipulation of people demanding such thing. If any type of God demands this there is something wrong with that religion.

Same is those religions which demands people to torture themselves in order to satisfy their God. I could NEVER join any of these religions. Im an educated and intelligent being who are able to see through these 'schemes' ...

Sorry it sounds maybe very judgemental...but I really feel strongly about this. How in the world can a religion demand you remove a part that their God created????
 duckling
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/8/2008 11:23:19 AM
It has something to do with the belief that the male spirit lives in the clitoris

Well, that explains a lot!

I'm pretty sure that the theory of gravity and that the male spirit lives in the clitoris have been graduated from theories to facts.
 Rythmn
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 12:41:07 PM
sadly, this is not just done in african countries and when american public health officials first became aware of it in the 60's, i distinctly remember a senator's wife coming forth and admitting to having it also. in addition, many young woman are now doing this as an extended form of "cutting" . so, where does the surgery stop and clitorectomies begin?

in santa clara county, CA there was a public health intiative to work with cultural groups who practiced this and seek alternatives to the underlying objective. there is also a top model who was a poster woman for addressing this issue. i suggest you get with the proper advocates to understand your options and means to empowerment.
they say that sexual response lies moreso between the ears and not the legs.

there has been a steady attempt since ever i can remember to address this issue. it has been printed all the way to seventeen magazine, as has the self mutilation. this is a very big "feminist" issue and a very big public health issue. what surprises me, is how few people have bothered to "read up" . says something about the value of young minority women in our country and the need to educate and understand different cultures in order to change. i know many young women whose moms had this procedure, but they have not. usually, an educated family is relieved, as long as the young woman maintains her dignity within society--unlike what is seen on MTV et al.

then, on the other hand is the abuse created by our prestigious child predators. a very big industry, with high demand from the americans and the brits. maybe start there, as the intentions are way more evil than cultural.

although still left "functioning", there is also a lot of cultural (and medical) debate about circumcision. not many men or women are aware of that either.
 DAVE632
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 12:07:50 AM
re: MALE circumcision.

There are numerous medical studies that suggest, prove even, that men, no matter how clean they keep their penis, do harbor many more types of bacteria and viruses under the foreskin and of course "inject" those germs deep into the vagina during sex.

Generally the foreskin is considered like an appendix. Good for something once upon a time but not now. The foreskin would have prevent thorns poking the head of the penis. It is a sheath that made sure the working part of the penis was not punctured. How many men in this day and age are in mortal danger of having their****perforated??

Like I said already. There is a HUGE diff between a surgical procedure in a Western Hospital based on a cleanliness/hygiene issue later in life for men (and the women they infect) and a Type 4 Clitorechtomie performed by an aunt with a rusty knife used for gelding goats !!! One is clearly a mutilation based on barbaric and ancient beliefs and the other is an option based on some hard science. Your choice to call male circumcision AS barbaric as Islamic female circumcision but I feel that is really pushing the envelope.
 enjoytoday
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 11:52:21 AM
Snob:
I agree with you totally.

Islam believes this:

<div class="quote">"Muslims believe that Allah (God) created the heavens and the earth in perfect harmony and balance, and that He continues to reign over His creation."

I simply do not understand this. Is it not obvious they believe that God has created us as human beings. Why in the world would God create the women with a clitoris except for He wanted the woman to feel the pleasure???? God wanted the woman to also enjoy the pleasure and NOT only the man. If God did not want woman to enjoy pleasure He would not have created women with a clitoris...

How can then some lame male individuals/priests decide that women should have their clit removed??? ...they are disrespecting the creation that God made originally!!!

What do you guys think????
 enjoytoday
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 12:04:41 PM
TheStef:
sorry mister but that is retarded if your religion tells you have to remove clitoris on women.

God created the Woman with all the parts she needed. If God saw it was not needed - He would not have created women with a clitoris!!!

Stop listening to priests or imams who manipulate with your brains on this particular subject.

Any religion who does not respect others are retarded!!!

You actually think her sexuality is retarded...hmm...you are a brainwashed individual who do not think yourself but somebody else is thinking for you...the imams or whoever authority who tells you its OK to mutilate women this way!
 notjesus
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/10/2008 6:27:48 PM
**** you and your religions
 Skinnybilly
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/13/2008 2:01:05 AM
I once googled this subject after a discusion with friends .. It is one of the most horrific things I have ever seen . I am retired undertaker and have seen some things in my time but never the horror that these young girls suffer , at the hands of there own mothers.
How any one could hold there daughter down and remove there clitrus with an old knife or piece of glass is beyond belief.
 DAVE632
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 1:19:16 PM

As much as I'm not a fan of Islam, I must say, in all fairness, that this barbaric practice of FGM didn't start with Islam, but predates it by hundreds, maybe thousands of years.

Source of that info? I've read a lot on the origins of FGM and most of it seems to parallel the emergence of Islam and the subsequent wars of conquest by Islam.

I'm not a fan of Islam either so I'll also add that the present "interpretation" of the history of Islam seriously confuses ALL the Arab peoples with Islam. There are books like "" 6,000 years of Judaism, Christianity and Islam "" 6,000 years for the Jews maybe but to suggest any more than 2,000 yrs for Christianity is hogwash and Islam emerged 600+ years AFTER Christianity was well established throughout most of the known world of the day. If they are going to claim, as Arabs, they were fundamentally MUSLIM going back as long as the Arabs existed then any traditions that predate Mohammed (died 632AD) ... they should be held responsible for too.
 professora
Msg: 21
view profile
History
clitoris - female mutilation, cruelty
Posted: 9/13/2008 1:39:36 PM
To Dave632_ great post. very informative.

I am a nurse. This a horrible, cruel, barbaric custom and anyone who knows the facts, knows this true.

You wrote, regarding regarding a female prof:
"After several years teaching this CRAP she had the opportunity to travel to SUDAN and observe the happy ritual in real life and ... *look of utter amazement* ... she changed her mind about how "important" it was. Funny how some of these people change their minds when faced with reality, huh?"
 DAVE632
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 8:18:33 PM

There's plenty more to show that the practice dates back much further than Islam...again..it's called Google.

GOOGLE, you say? What a great discovery. Who'da known? Thanks for you sarcasm and the originality of your drop and paste too.

OK, so it existed prior to Islam. Fact is Islam happily adopted it and has taken it into the 21st Century. Fact is if you read some of the practices of the Taliban in regard to women they include lots of "traditions" my ancestors gave up during the Neolithic era!!! Point being who cares how many thousands of years some barbaric act originated. What they promote and even encourage TODAY, both in sub-Saharan Afreeka and even in the west, is what is troubling.

female circumcison is the removal of the clitoral hood, which, in it's male equivilency, would be the foreskin.

NO IT'S NOT!!!!

The equivalent would be carving off a guys dick and balls, cauterizing the stub closed except for a small opening from which to urinate from. This of course WAS done to MILLIONS of black Africans who were (and STILL ARE) being taken into slavery from the east coast of Africa and sold as cheap labor in the middle east. They were called eunuchs and it ensured NO contamination by black genes would occur in the Land of Mohammed!! THAT practice may have stopped but slavery hasn't - yet.

*EDIT* I AM proud of you for actually looking it up because your earlier statement is true ONLY in the west where some plastic surgeons carve away the hood so the clit is more exposed and easier (supposedly) to find. Female circumcision in sub-Saharan Afreeka, as you pointed out in your drag&drop, is anything but the innocent hygienic surgery to allow women a better chance of orgasming during sex. It is specifically done to deny women that sensation - EVER and to keep her subservient to her husband and a breeding machine ONLY. My guess is if they ever clued in and discovered the GSpot , they'd somehow find a way to carve that out too.

Google "kiss this" for me wouldya? I wouldn't know where to look .....
 enjoytoday
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 11:47:06 AM
Any religion or non-religion person who claims justify to kill or mutilate the body cannot be enough warned off!
 GP-99
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/28/2008 4:31:31 PM
yes please post where you saw that uncircumcised penises are 66% higher cancer rate?....so the rest of the world, less the USA has extremely high 4skin cancer rates??..come on bud..we might be lonely and not have lives but we arent idiots..i suppose if you never wiped your ass, you would have medical issues at some point also. The thread here is about a concern with a gal who allready had her clit removed. And i think that like one previous poster indicated that its the nerve endings that are removed as well which will cause a lack of sensation..oh..similar to the 1500 nerve endings in one 4skin that is removed..
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sad, but clitoris has been removed...Now what?