Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > SALSA DANCING, ANYBODY?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 foxtrox
Msg: 1
view profile
History
SALSA DANCING, ANYBODY?Page 1 of 1    
Salsa dance is the best, most popular and the sexiest Latin dance.

I love salsa dancing after trying and learning the move.

I am sure anybody will like it after they try and learn the style.

foxtrox
Msg: 2
view profile
History
SALSA DANCING, ANYBODY?
Posted: 8/16/2008 10:56:26 AM
Alluria, when you get here in Calgary and ready to find a school for Salsa class, let me know. I will give you a variety of school that you can choose from. Most of dance class doesn't need a partner. They rotate partners during dancing. But hi if you need a partner going somewhere for salsa dancing, what else can I offer to a new Calgarian, its my pleasure to be dancing with you.
 foxtrox
Msg: 3
view profile
History
SALSA DANCING, ANYBODY?
Posted: 8/16/2008 9:07:14 PM
I took salsa lesson at Alberta Dancesport, it is across University of Calgary .
The Studio School oos Dance is another dance school, it is close to Blackfoot Tr. SE
Olympia Dance Studio is another one, it is located at 16 ave close to centre st. NE
Latin Corner Dance Studio is located inside Eau Claire Market @ downtown
Havana Cuban is located somewhere in SW not far from downtown.

Its actually depend on your preference:
If you want close to your place.
If you prefer the best price.
If you prefer large or small number of people in the class.
If you want good instructors.
and so on....
 foxtrox
Msg: 4
view profile
History
SALSA DANCING, ANYBODY?
Posted: 8/17/2008 8:27:46 PM
Sports/girl, if you would like to try it out first, rather than spend class fee for the dance school right away. You can go to latin restaurant that play salsa music.
Popular salsa places are
Don Qexoti
LaPachanga
Juan Mexican
I was thinking of forming a group of at least 5 to 6 people interested in salsa dancing. If anybody interested let me know. We will then decide where and when to go.

lonelydavid77
Msg: 5
SALSA DANCING, ANYBODY?
Posted: 7/21/2009 11:30:53 AM
They do great job, just one thing you have to be aware of, they get such a large turnout, not everyone will get a partner, and they do not do the one on one that this style of dancing so deserves!!

lonelydavid77
Msg: 6
SALSA DANCING, ANYBODY?
Posted: 7/21/2009 1:06:02 PM
^^^^^
Did that come out the wrong way, or is my imagination just stuck in the muddy waters of the gutter??
(Hail, hail, the 'gang " is here! )
 Stationary_Movement
Msg: 7
SALSA DANCING, ANYBODY?
Posted: 7/21/2009 1:26:06 PM
Nope i was laughing at the same thing George. Kath, you crack me up.

SM
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 8
SALSA DANCING, ANYBODY?
Posted: 7/22/2009 9:24:51 AM
In response to the girly question as what to wear:

<div class="quote">• avoid long flapping sleeves (infuriating when lead wants your hand quickly...)
• avoid loose bangles, unrestrained long necklaces, other jewellery that might get it the way
• avoid tops or dresses with lots of holes and/or strings round the back (lead’s fingers can get stuck...)
• avoid long heavy skirts (make spins harder; too hot also)
• if you have long hair consider tying it back (else lead gets-hair-whipped in close-quarter spins)
• avoid hair combs / grippers that stick up, and probably caps / berets are better avoided for similar reasons, unless they are very compact and very secure. Preferably no tiaras...

And For Men?! Black is good - sweat shows up less. But come on ladies - practical comments on what men should wear / not wear?

nuff said
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 9
SALSA DANCING, ANYBODY?
Posted: 7/22/2009 4:28:10 PM
Thouht this was salsa

not

cha cha

(double post so double your pleasure!)
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > SALSA DANCING, ANYBODY?