Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > humor  > Profile cliches: My friends and family are important to me!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jackster121
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Profile cliches: My friends and family are important to me!Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
One of mine is long walks on the beach. From people who live in Tennessee, Oklahoma, Mississsippi, and other land locked areas. WTK. I was born 9 blocks from the ocean and yea, it's great, but I am in Tn. now and i just don't see a walk on the beach as a date activity.
Alternatives: I like to take long walks on the beach, so by me an Oceanfront Condo we'll move in, I'll kick you out and keep the condo.
orI like long walks on the beach, so come to Nebraska and build me one.
 PAClassyLady
Msg: 15
Profile cliches: My friends and family are important to me!
Posted: 10/5/2008 9:35:26 AM
C'mon now gang, this is getting to be a personal attack cuz I do have "poking dead things with a stick" as a first date activity. I have for a long time. Doncha lub me no mo'? *sniff*

Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, guess I'll eat some worms...

PAClassyLady
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/5/2008 9:36:00 AM
oooooooops, posted twice. But jeepers IB, a poet too? *swoon* So romantical!!

beniandthejets
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/7/2008 8:41:31 PM
A few things on profiles tickle me. When people put every possible positive attribute known to man. "Well-educated, great sense of humor, loyal, hard worker". I wish for once someone would say, "I leave the toilet seat up", or "I have the uncontrollable problem of farting when I sneeze".
Another thing is when people don't use spell check, punctuation, or good grammar. I misspell words all the time, but when someone says, "I in joy sports", come on!
And the other thing is when guys say they want a woman who is independant and strong. I have found that this is soooooo untrue. And that is no laughing matter, or maybe it is.
 beniandthejets
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/8/2008 3:52:29 AM
I don't think he is talking about that kinda "stick".
 hottubguy
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/21/2008 6:10:08 AM
I'm starting to think every woman on this site has the same profile. Here are my top 10 favorite profile cliches.

1) I like long walks on the beach
2) My friends and family are important to me
3) I'm looking for a man is confident, but not****
4) I'm TIRED of playing games (she must play a lot of games to be so tired)
5) I'm looking for Mr. Right, NOT Mr. Right Now
6) If you are a player, don't waste my time (are there players out there who would take such a warning seriously?)
7) I'm looking for my soulmate
8) I'm comfortable in jeans or a little black dress
9) I like broadway shows and small cafes (she needs a gay male friend)
10) My glass is always half FULL (huh?)
 tiptoeburglar
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2008 7:58:12 AM

One of mine is long walks on the beach. From people who live in Tennessee, Oklahoma, Mississsippi, and other land locked areas.

To be fair, they did specify LONG walks ...
 tiptoeburglar
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2008 8:45:11 AM
How about girls that post aerial shots of their cleavage, along with the line "if you're seeking cheap thrills, move on"? As though "free" somehow doesn't equate to "cheap". Sorry, toots. Had I known that I could make you feel like less of an e-ho, just by paying you ... trust me, I would have.
 brewswain
Msg: 26
Posted: 12/21/2008 5:43:51 PM
I can't help but notice that EVERYONE (including me) says "No" to the question, "Do you do drugs?"

And yet how many of us (older folks) are NOT on some type of medicine?

I take medicine for high cholesterol.
 brewswain
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/22/2008 7:14:14 PM
Personals which say they smoke 'occasionally".

Either you smoke or you dont.
Its kinda like being pregnant.

You is or you aint.
 brewswain
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/29/2008 7:08:24 AM
I just saw this one on a womans profile........."dancing is one of my favorite sports"
 brewswain
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/30/2008 12:52:51 PM
I just found one where she likes 'fleemarkets'.

Sounds good!

Helen1967 mentions that some folks make a list of demands.
The worst may be, "Make me laugh".
Hmmm, and if I can't?

No, thank you. I'll move right along.
Demanding that someone must make you laugh is a heavy demand.
Hire a clown instead.
 brewswain
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/1/2009 1:57:20 PM
HSJS---When they specify 'fine dining', I move on to the next profile.

"Fine dining' is code for "She will spend all your money"
 PAClassyLady
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/1/2009 6:00:24 PM

"Fine dining' is code for "She will spend all your money"

Now now, Brewsie, not all of your money! But she will order "market price" lobster and a few bottles of Snobbay Chardonnay at $$$/bottle when you take her to Tres Hoite' - Toite' for that fine dinner. You can just wait until next month to make your mortgage payment. Does this seem like a problem? *giggle*

Oh yeah, I love it when an interest is "fine dinning" (there's even the link on this misspelling to show how many people can't spell) or they want to "take you to diner" for a first date. Even though I really love diner food, it still sounds like it's going to be the El Cheapo Diner...
 jep7777
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2009 4:24:53 AM
"Anything but dinner and a movie. How are you supposed to get to know each other while sitting at the movies?" That or some variation seems to be on every other female profile. I've also noticed the self-described "open minded" women usually have the most mailing restrictions and are looking for a very specific thing. Lastly, practically every profile lets me know what to do if I'm interested or have any questions. It's a good thing they do or I'd be so lost.
 Druid59
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2009 5:08:16 AM
hmm.....
POF profile reading is though a very fun pastime...lol....giving insight into a strange world where towns, city's and villages are virtually deserted, except for coffee houses where various immigrant workers are dropping like flies trying to keep up with demand, and the odd extremely expensive restaurant where the more sinister females are quaffing lobster and oysters at a rate faster than winona rider in a trinket shop, whilst her male companion diplomatically slides his credit card into the finger bowl to avoid it bursting into flames. Meanwhile, several people a day are crushed and traumatised in crowds to be found on any coastal beach to be found. as these people are invariably friends and family of other pof members they cant actually be that important as no one lists visiting then in a&e as a priority. Modern E-society is therefore an almost orwellian experience not to be missed!...which must surely champion the phrase "Hope springs eternal"....
 Sketchness
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/4/2009 9:31:43 PM
My fave: Looks aren't everything, but chemistry is important.

No sh!t thanks A$$hat

First time purusing the humor section of the forums. At last some "NORMAL" people.
 hottubguy
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/7/2009 10:14:38 AM
How about this one?

I'm looking for a REAL man! (As opposed to what? a real woman? a fake man?)
 hottubguy
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/15/2009 11:10:49 AM
How about the profiles that have so many "opposites" you have no idea what the person is about?

1) I like to go out or stay in
2) I like the beach or the mountains
3) I like to dress up or am comfortable in jeans
4) I like warm weather or cold
5) I can be serious or funny
6) I enjoy both animals and children
7) I like to go to the movies or stay in with a DVD
8) I like to travel or stay home
9) I enjoy fancy restaurants or a dive bar
10) I like to take a long walk on a short pier! lol (okay, I made that one up!)
 Tomosama
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2009 10:50:39 PM
Or a variation on a theme...."So if you're a cheater don't message me. You know who you are!"
Really. A cheater is going to take this warning seriously....
Man, if I was a cheater I'd be like ...you wanted honesty beyotch, but your warning is just going to help me nail you and your friend!

Another one I always see is, "I'm just/not your typical girl." WTF DOES THIS EVEN MEAN? Seriously, if what they say is true than every girl who is typical isn't typical and all the non-typical ones are typical which means that actually the typical aren't typical and the not-typical are typical which is actually not typical and OH SHOT THE HECK UP!
 PAClassyLady
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/25/2009 5:18:08 AM
O. M. G. I swear on all that is holy, this is an actual profile I just read. It seems to be one running cliche! What do they do, just run by the McProfile drive-thru and shell out a quarter?

I am an outgoing guy that is very easy to get along with and am flexible when it comes to doing many things. My family and friends are very important to me. I am a loyal, trusting, and honest guy with good morals and values. I am not into playing games and I don't want anyone who plays games or dwells too much on drama. I love to have fun and make people laugh, or chuckle or just put a smile on their face.(even if it is at my expense)I am not a big drinker, but I do enjoy going out for a few drinks, getting a bite to eat, shooting pool,the movies or listening to a good band. I'm also up for trying new and adventurous things. I really enjoy cooking and from what people tell me, I'm not too bad at it. If there is anything else that you would like to know, just ask.

*yawn*
Next!

komodo
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2010 2:35:05 AM
This is an old thread, but, hilarious!
 Wood_Dragon
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/6/2010 12:57:58 PM
Women won't respond to my messages!

Is it my picture?

Hahahahaaha.
 forgoodlove
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2010 7:46:47 PM
The one that really is redundant AND quite an oxymoron is:
"I am an independent woman".
So if you are an independent woman and DON'T need anyone, why are you advertizing for company?
If you have the money and the machine(s), to keep you company, why then?
HU?
Again, HU?

Give me one of these , make sure they are MICROBREW and I will leave ya'll alone.
 deviant311
Msg: 77
Posted: 3/7/2010 7:50:23 AM
i'd like to outlaw the 'kissing face' towards the camera, or the generic bathroom mirror pic, should i worry that you don't have enough friends for you to take pics with? or that the best pic of yourself is one where your facial features are contorted, i'm not saying i'm the best looking thing on the internet, but the crazy angle/face contorted pic is usually raises a questionmark for me.

i'm starting to think something, maybe chick flicks, are starting to mold women into the same tag lines, and then even other tag lines that just would make men happy, and to tell you the truth, i haven't looked at many men's profiles but i'm sure they're doing the same. i guess you like football, and the orlando magic, and your love having fun, but how do i know this? i'm going to start listing my tag lines as 'playing with my piles of money', 'hanging my manhood out of the window to block the sun on a hot day', and 'punching rapists in the neck.'
Show ALL Forums  > humor  > Profile cliches: My friends and family are important to me!