Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men over 45 and facial hair      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 2
Men over 45 and facial hairPage 1 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
Silly girl, it hides the double chin :P
 Moonchild51
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Men over 45 and facial hair
Posted: 8/17/2008 10:50:24 AM
I love a soft beard or that "5 o'clock shadow"! I think it all depends on how it looks on a man. If kept trimmed and groomed, it can look pretty hot! Facial hair to me is simply part of what goes with the man that makes him attractive to us. He has it, he doesn't. Not a big deal to me either way. Now to find a man...hmmm....think this could take me a while. bbl!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/17/2008 11:08:15 AM
... Personally, I find facial hair on a man extremely attractive... if its well groomed. Some men just have the facial structure to carry off the look like Sean Connery, Tom Selleck and my favorite guy Kris Kristofferson and there are a few on PoF as well.

I certainly would not pass up the opportunity to get to know someone based upon facial hair or the lack thereof. Attraction is truly in the eye of the beholder.

....maeflowers
 texasbaby
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2008 11:29:42 AM
Older men are often retired and can do what ever the heck they want to with their hair now. I expect many shaved and made frequent trips to the barber during their careers, to satisfy the "boss."
Is it OK with me? You bet it is,, I think whisker burn on my skin just sucks! I'm also good with men who like shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops. Just my opinion, of course.

tb
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/17/2008 11:42:40 AM

Now to find a man...hmmm....think this could take me a while. bbl!

...I think you could probably have most of the men on PoF wrapped right around your little finger if you put your mind to it Miss, facial hair or no facial hair.

...maeflowers
 webchick
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/17/2008 11:47:45 AM
Maybe when you get to a certain age, you just get tired of shaving?

Or it's the economy - that's it! the economy! - cost of razors going up?!!

Moonchild51
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2008 12:03:31 PM

...I think you could probably have most of the men on PoF wrapped right around your little finger if you put your mind to it Miss, facial hair or no facial hair.

Awe Miss Mae, and here I thought I shaved this mornin! lol
You are a cutie ya know that? The same could be said right back at ya!

Sorry Mr. Happy, handlebar mustache? As easy going as I am with facial hair, that was the one thing I never found attractive on a man! Yuck!
 ForumFilly
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/17/2008 12:11:16 PM
I love men with facial hair. I find it very sexy. It wouldn't be a deal breaker if a man didn't have facial hair, but he gets more points on my score card if he does... and hairy chests really go into the bonus points!!! Why shouldn't they have facial hair? If a man wants to grow a mustache, beard, goatee, soul patch or whatever, more power to him. I think men, as they mature, have a tendency to do what they prefer. They realize that they have the right to look as they want, just as women do. You go, Guys!!!!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/17/2008 12:19:21 PM
Awe Miss Mae, and here I thought I shaved this mornin! lol
You are a cutie ya know that? The same could be said right back at ya!

...That kinda came out wrong didn't it?

Sorry Mr. Happy, handlebar mustache? As easy going as I am with facial hair, that was the one thing I never found attractive on a man! Yuck!

...Ah ,but think about how much it would tickle

...maeflowers
 The Magician
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/17/2008 12:27:24 PM

..Ah ,but think about how much it would tickle

...maeflowers

Miss Mae, if you would like to be tickled, there's always room for one more here.
 notwow
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/17/2008 12:43:24 PM

Or am I getting it wrong?

Pretty will, yup, you are.

I am like most who answered here. I have had a mustache since I was 17, except for a brief moment in lapse of decorum, when I shaved it off for one week.

Why should I change. It is who I am. I shave the rest of my face, because that is who I am also.

Sure, if I spend a week in the bush I don't shave, but I do when I get back into civilization. It helps keep the bugs off.
 kane stays
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/17/2008 12:57:37 PM
I know, I know!! It is because I keep using his razors and he's sick and tired of cutting his face up!
 gpb1953
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/17/2008 1:25:16 PM
Ismene1,

I guess like many of the other guys who responded … I’ve had a mustache & beard for a very long time & I’m simply comfortable with it. I don’t do it because I’m lazy … believe me, keeping it trimmed & shaped is more work than simply shaving it off. I hope facial hair isn’t a deal breaker for you as far as guys you are willing to date. You might just find that you are missing out on an opportunity to meet some terrific guys.

Gary
 CompletelyDone
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/17/2008 1:39:03 PM
I love it when a man has a nicely groomed moustache and beard. I find the salt and pepper look quite sexy and wish that men would quite dying their facial hair. It just makes them look like they fell on their face in a mud puddle.

Moustaches and beards = extra tickles... Gotta luv 'em...
 MY OH MY
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/17/2008 1:41:45 PM

Like I said, I have been on POF for 2 weeks and have seen a lifetime of juvenile crap from supposedly mature people and wonder why they need a forum like this to attack people,
answer me that......?
vikingpatrick on 8/17/2008 237 PM
VikingPatrick Joined: 7/18/2008
No, you have been on here for a month.

I think that facial hair is like hair on the head, it should be worn how the person thinks looks best on them. I won't say that I think some guys look better with or without facial hair. I know some guys look great with a mustache and funny without it, or a goatee looks great on one guy but funny on another. To me it is more important that the person I am with is comfortable with himself. I won't change someone.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/17/2008 2:20:04 PM

Miss Mae, if you would like to be tickled, there's always room for one more here

....Well the countryside is beautiful up that way but ...I don't think that would be a good idea considering.....lets just put it this way, I'm not sure who should be more afraid, you or me Besides, isn't the whole point to be tickled by facial hair...or did you grow some?

...maeflowers
 meeshcake
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/17/2008 2:40:28 PM
OP -It's just a preference. Why do you think facial hair is a younger man's thing? I know a lot of guys over 45 who look fantastic with a little facial hair.

I love goatees - the Benjamin Bratt in that new show he's in look. Yum.. and I think he's over 45.
However, I like a clean shaven man too - so i really don't have a "preference" either way.

Maybe I'd draw the line at a full on ZZ Top beard though. LOL
 caringwithhumor
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/17/2008 4:32:35 PM
I think many place so many road blocks on their choices, they'll never find the right one. They need to lighten up and let it happen
 clasact
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2008 4:53:48 PM
I do like facial hair, but doesn't really matter to me one way or the other though.
My late s/o grew a mustache one time for a time and I always liked the 5 o'clock shadow too.

As soon as it was apparent we were getting divorced, I made it a point to grow one.
I knew before I even finished reading this ^^^ post this is what he was gonna say.
 SueCat51
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2008 4:54:55 PM
Facial hair on a man is ok, as long as it is neat and groomed. There's nothing worse when you look at a man and you can tell what he's eaten, because the morsels are still in his hair!! So nasty!
 rosebuds57
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/17/2008 5:07:20 PM
I happen to be very attracted to men with facial hair, as long is it is trimmed and well groomed. No men sporting ZZ Top type beards for me, thank you!

I did date one man many years ago who did not sport any facial hair, and I was miserable kissing him. He stubble (no matter what time of day it was) irritated my skin. Maybe it was only this particular man, I don't know. But give me a soft 'stach, goatee, or beard anyday.
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/17/2008 5:12:29 PM
It's not the hair, it's what is behind it. A man could be clean shaven, or have facial hair, but it is the whole man that is important to me.

I have friends who have facial hair, and some who don't but if they are a nice person, who cares?

As far as being attracted to a man with facial hair, I wouldn't discard them if they had it, but if I got to know them and liked the whole man... it wouldn't matter. I feel the same way about men without the facial hair. JMO
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/17/2008 5:21:53 PM
::::::::::::makes a note to myself, dont post when you are in a good mood::::::::::::::::

the bit about hiding a double chin was in fact just a joke...however my ex was 6 ft 185 lbs and always had a goatee cause he felt he had a double chin...so it was just a tad bit of inside humor.

He also referred to his mustache as a flavor saver :P (Yea, I went there!)

My daughters boyfriend is 20 and has grown a full beard...he is in a metal band and people refer to him as "the beard". He does it cause he can grow a full beard at 20..no scraggly places...it is the perfect beard and he has red hair so it is very attractive.

The marlboro man with the mustache...oh yea the hair etc....well my kids laugh at me and go look mom its an 80's man whenever they see a man with just a mustache and no goatee, which is personally IMO one of the hottest looks on a guy...however it is a DATED look. So my serious answer is that men do it cause they want to and its a popular look at the moment.

Again I apologize for saying something to make someone get their panties in a wad.
 MY OH MY
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/17/2008 5:23:11 PM
Hun, I quoted you, you said you have been on POF more than once in this thread that you were on for two weeks. You didn't say anything about forums until the clear fact that you have been on for a month was pointed out to you. For some reason you wish to make things up and lash out at people. Flaming is not nice. Try not to take POF so seriously and enjoy it.

I do want to add that although I think facial hair is up to the individual, if it isn't kept trimmed and is unruly, I don't care for it.
 rogerrabbitrr
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/17/2008 5:31:27 PM
I have no hair on top of my head but I didn't lose any hair. It just sorta migrated south a bit. Some of it to my upper lip.

As a teenager I spent a lot of time in front of the mirror gettin the hair on my head combed JUST RIGHT. I now spend that time removing hair from ears & nose.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men over 45 and facial hair