Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Sad Disappointment      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wildeyes80
Msg: 2
Sad DisappointmentPage 1 of 1    
Hey sweetness, the same thing happened to me a couple of months ago, and it took me a good while to sort through what happened. I let him in, gave him my heart, and allowed him to be around my children which was a big step for me to take. My children liked him. Then it ended suddenly, breaking my heart in two. What I was ready for wasn't what he was ready for it didn't seem. Just take it one day at a time, clocks have a way of healing even though I know first hand it hurts right now. He probably consumes your thoughts and and it's almost impossible to understand why those things happen, especially to those of us who are sincere and genuine. The right one will come along, who will not take you or your kids forgranted. And I wish you luck on here, and speedy healing from that hurt.

SpecialHeartedLady
Msg: 3
Sad Disappointment
Posted: 8/19/2008 8:09:31 PM
Hi Happy, I had a similar experience. It was very hard. I'm wondering if it's not the same ass. I tried to get to your profile to message you, but for some reason couldn't. I'd like to see if it's the same jerk. Have your children guard their hearts next time, and you do the same. That's what I do. Don't give ANY part of you away without plenty of proof of who the man truly is.
 Jackalus
Msg: 5
Sad Disappointment
Posted: 8/19/2008 10:35:41 PM
Please..... not all of us guys are like that. I have inherited a daughter from a previous relationship. It was back in '97 when she was 2. I was with her mum for 4 years. Her natural father dropped out when she was 5, and hasn't been heard of since. When myself and her mother parted company in 2001, I still mantained contact with her daughter. I took her on holidays, gave her pocket money....all the dad stuff really. It really has been the most rewarding experience imaginable.

I can't legally adopt her because English law states that I must have permission from her natural father to do so . He has however, completely dropped off radar and even if we were to find him, no doubt he would refuse it. Unfortunatly my ex passed away just over a year ago, so my daughter now lives with her half sister.

I am here in Canada to check it out, and see if I can build a future for both her, and myself. She's 13 now, but I must wait until she's 18 before she can legally decide what she wants to do. I still phone her and send money. She will always be an integeral part of my life, no matter what happens.

The point I am trying to make here, is that there ARE genuine guys like me out there, who are more than willing to don the mantle of fatherhood for your children.....
 brownie360
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Sad Disappointment
Posted: 8/19/2008 10:41:06 PM
Some people are just that pathetic! im like this if im not your type, just simply say so and not waste my time! honey even though you are hurting, he did you a favor really. In due time, you will bounce back.
 BESTCATCH101
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Sad Disappointment
Posted: 8/20/2008 12:49:50 AM
I read some where.....Beware of a man who has nothing to lose! Something to think about! Cindy
 Saddness764
Msg: 9
Sad Disappointment
Posted: 8/20/2008 3:19:23 AM
Keep the faith sister! There are no accidents in this world and he may have done you the biggest favor anyone ever has....I know it's really hard when there are children involved, but there are tons of really nice guys out there. It's not just the guys breaking the girls hearts these days. I can't believe some of the horror stories that I have heard in just the last few days.

Remember - "Dance like no one is watching...love like you've never been hurt"

Take care of yourself,

Tracey
 Miss W
Msg: 10
Sad Disappointment
Posted: 8/22/2008 11:31:50 AM

The original poster deemed this guy perfect for her AND her kids in something less than 18 days' time. You'd think people would be more vigilant and discerning than that. It's the internet, and anyone can pretend to be anything they want and say anything they want. I trust she'll learn from this experience, as countless others have. The problem is that experiences like this make it harder for the sincere ones to cut through all the muck.

Exactly. I don't know why people expect immediate results and don't look before they leap or exercise common sense. It happens way too often.
 HypnoPunk
Msg: 13
Sad Disappointment
Posted: 8/22/2008 2:44:29 PM
WOW what is it about people on here thinking they found love in under 21 days or 3 weeks. That is not love, you are in "love" with who YOU think they are when you have only known them for 3 weeks. Also as someone that was raised by a single parent mother - WAIT to introduce someone to your children. Someone posted waiting 6 months and I think that is a great idea.

Last but not least and this is very important, go to coffee as soon as you can after talking to someone. This lets you get a better idea of who they are sooner. Anyone can write a mushy email or text.
 ladyinup2013
Msg: 16
Sad Disappointment
Posted: 2/12/2013 12:48:54 PM
there are so so many users on this site, and married men~~do a bit more testing before you give your heart~otherwise, once they get your heart, they know how to break it~selfish people, only think of themselves~:((( don't involve your kids unless he's really really into you and them~ he may not want all that responsibility~but still loves the challenge, the creep~
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Sad Disappointment